LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 318 users in the forums

Eagles WR Riley Cooper at country concert: "I will fight every n****r here"

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eonblue:
I think the answer to your question is he wont be able to convince everyone and there's no guarantee he can convince the locker room. The locker room has a better understanding of his character than the general public does and if he is indeed a racist than his comments will probably resonate with his behavior. He's going to have to put the work in, and probably the least important but most effective method of clearing this up would be for him to perform on the field. If he can help the team be successful the team will be much more likely to accept him. As far as other teams are concerned I can't tell you how that would workout but I guarantee he would meet some resistance. He would have to meet with leaders of the team and gain their trust. Vick vouching for him this morning was pretty huge for this process.

Well, Vick vouching for him was pretty big, it was probably good for Vick as well to show his leadership qualities given he is competing for the starting QB job. To me, is just not creditable to say hey I am sorry, I am not like that, it might sound more genuine if he were to admit he does have certain issues and will need to work on it. Good performance on the field is one thing, that is not to say the teammates will all of a sudden gravitate towards him.again. He will need to do a lot of work off the field. Keep socializing with all his teammates, black or white, buy them drinks, invite them over for dinners, go golfing together, etc, etc. Racial feelings are very personal, it won't just blow over in a jiffy.
I will fight every Zoner in here... AT ONCE!
It will be used by opposing teams as fuel.

There's an old expression that goes something like, "It's better to keep your mouth shut and have everyone think you're stupid than speaking and making them sure you're stupid."

As usual, I'm sure alcohol had something to do with it.

The NFL should put together a film of all the stupid thing said and done by it's players and make it mandatory viewing at the beginning of every season.

Talk about stupid - this guy is a dunce.
I think it would be extremely hypocritical of anyone that has ever uttered the word to try and make a mountain out of this mole hill. It was a stupid mistake made by a not too bright individual when testosterone and alcoholic beverages were flowing.
As a black man myself, i've always been taught if these type of sentiments come out of your mouth when you're drunk, those feeling are inside you when you're sober planted deep.. The fact that he is apologizing and saying he's never used that word before is complete crap, he's just never been caught on camera.

I agree with Pillbusta, If you're a racist fine, but own it and let it be known, don't backtrack , it's out there, you're caught in the act, be a man about it..

For what it's worth, i don't use the term, and i detest when other Blacks use the term as well, it's the 2000's we're trying to have a society here people...

just my two nickles.
[ Edited by hawker84 on Aug 1, 2013 at 8:56 AM ]
Wouldn't be surprised if his black and white teamates throw that word around all the time.

And I mean that both ways, Bc that word his lost a lot of it status as an agent of racism. It can still be toxic and it leaves a wide range interpretation.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
When most people are really pissed off (and drunk), they'll say the most hurtful thing to the target of their aggression. As well all know, calling someone, anyone, a racial slur, is quite possibly the most hurtful thing you can say to them. If they're the same race as you, then you move down a tier and shoot for their appearance. Fat, bald, ugly, etc....

So I wouldn't label someone a racist for letting out a racial slur in the heat of passion. To me a racist is someone that puts effort into their hatred for another race. Calling someone a racial slur to hurt their feelings, does not a racist make. An insensitive prick, yes, but not a "racist". IMO.
Originally posted by hawker84:
As a black man myself, i've always been taught if these type of sentiments come out of your mouth when you're drunk, those feeling are inside you when you're sober planted deep.. The fact that he is apologizing and saying he's never used that word before is complete crap, he's just never been caught on camera.

I agree with Pillbusta, If you're a racist fine, but own it and let it be known, don't backtrack , it's out there, you're caught in the act, be a man about it..

For what it's worth, i don't use the term, and i detest when other Blacks use the term as well, it's the 2000's we're trying to have a society here people...

just my two nickles.

As a white guy I agree with this . Hell I get uncomfortable when my black friends start using the word because I don't even want that sh*t in my head.

But the people who get drunk and use that word or go on xbox and use that word have some deep rooted bigotries. For the brain to even go to that word in any situation as a white guy usually means that he was an arrogant ass teenager with a confederate flag on his truck or el camino and hung out with a bunch of intolerant white douche bags. There is racism inherent in everyone, but if you're a decent person you acknowledge it and realize that it should never affect your actions or thoughts about a person.
Country music!
Originally posted by hawker84:

THIS
a drunk mans actions is a sober mans thoughts.
people do things drunk that they wish they had the balls to do sober.
PS i bet he wouldnt say that at a Rap Concert

Random question... does anyone know whether the guy he was talking about was actually black? He emphasized the R so most likely he was but I could also imagine him being such a big idiot he was talking like his teammates in the locker room just in the whitest way possible. Still doesnt make it right, but it would be kind of funny if he did all this to himself talking about a white guy.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Random question... does anyone know whether the guy he was talking about was actually black? He emphasized the R so most likely he was but I could also imagine him being such a big idiot he was talking like his teammates in the locker room just in the whitest way possible. Still doesnt make it right, but it would be kind of funny if he did all this to himself talking about a white guy.

when you say i will fight EVERY nig**R in here. its no way to sugar coat that.
Imagine a angry black man at a rap concert saying "i will fight every honky in here"

no coming back from that.
[ Edited by 99problems on Aug 1, 2013 at 9:34 AM ]
...at a country concert...what all none of them? What a tool.
Originally posted by 99problems:

when you say i will fight EVERY nig**R in here. its no way to sugar coat that.
Imagine a angry black man at a rap concert saying "i will fight every honky in here"

no coming back from that.

Dont get me wrong, hes a f*cking idiot and has no business ever saying that word regardless of the situation. There is no sugarcoating, I was just wondering if anyone has figured out who the other party was to get him all riled up like that.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Dont get me wrong, hes a f*cking idiot and has no business ever saying that word regardless of the situation. There is no sugarcoating, I was just wondering if anyone has figured out who the other party was to get him all riled up like that.

think it was Hootie from hootie and the blowfish.
Share 49ersWebzone