There are 230 users in the forums

Eagles WR Riley Cooper at country concert: "I will fight every n****r here"

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Amir:
n***a and n****r doesn't always mean a black person in today's world. based on the video, he was talking s**t and about to fight some white dude. people are gonna make a big deal out if it but it's really not.

"Today's world" doesn't make 'n****r' or 'n***a' acceptable in ANY context. But if it's not a big deal to you, then some self-reflection and self-awareness may be warranted. Riley Cooper's behavior was nothing short of UGLY, on several levels.
He said GER = he's a certified racist MF.....kuh.
[ Edited by NinerGold39 on Jul 31, 2013 at 4:38 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by susweel:
n***a and n****r doesn't always mean a black person in today's world. based on the video, he was talking s**t and about to fight some white dude. people are gonna make a big deal out if it but it's really not.
Just what fukking planet did you drop out of that make you think such a thing?

those two words get tossed around by all sorts of cliques/races/etc nowadays.

this

other races use that word all the time.
Really? I'm glad you set me straight, because for a minute there I was thinking that this word had very painful meanings to my community, especially when spoken and used in the way this idiot used it. . . . . I wish I were standing there because, as God as my witness, he would have had a well whooped ass and would have gladly went to jail for being the instrument of that ass whooping. Now, you can put that in your "n***a and n****r doesn't always mean a black person" pipe and smoke it. I don't use that word AT ALL and demand to spoken to with respect by other Blacks. This is what many in the white community needs to understand about that word: THE MAJORITY OF US IN THE BLACK COMMUNITY DON'T LIKE OR USE THAT WORD!

Here's a good way for you to test your "n***a and n****r doesn't always mean a black person" theory:If you're white come to my part of the woods (good Chatham neighborhood on the south side of Chicago) and speak that word and see how far you get with that. And if you cannot escape with all your teeth intact you're gonna have to explain to the world your line of logic that lead you to "n***a and n****r doesn't always mean a black person".

man you seem awfully violent
So did Riley Cooper.

All I know is if black people want people to stop using that word they need to stop using it themselves. #TROOF
Originally posted by sick9erfan:
Couple things here, why do they have a fence between the white and black folks? " I will jump that fence and fight every NI@@ER"

In my experience whites and blacks are MUCH more racist in the south than say the north east or west and cooper I believe is a southern boy.

I have been talked down to by blacks in places where I was the minority and I don't think they were all racist, I think people just say stupid s**t when they are pissed off or when they think they are in their element.

White guy in the south at a country concert saying NI@@ER=GROSS

White guy with pony tail and cut off sleaves in the south at country concert yelling NI@@ER=CAREER ENDING

The link I got from twitter said he was arguing with security guards over getting backstage. Either way, I can't imagine how uncomfortable it is for him in that locker room lol, what a dumb ass.

http://butattheendoftheday.com/2013/07/31/riley-coopers-racist-remark-is-another-showing-of-frustration-revealing-an-athletes-true-identity/
Originally posted by NinerGold39:

That post reminds me of Kurt Russell warning Martin Short of Gorillas", but walks doen a path off the road and runs into Guerrillas...
[ Edited by NC49erfan82 on Jul 31, 2013 at 4:43 PM ]
Just what fukking planet did you drop out of that make you think such a thing?

those two words get tossed around by all sorts of cliques/races/etc nowadays.

this

other races use that word all the time.
Really? I'm glad you set me straight, because for a minute there I was thinking that this word had very painful meanings to my community, especially when spoken and used in the way this idiot used it. . . . . I wish I were standing there because, as God as my witness, he would have had a well whooped ass and would have gladly went to jail for being the instrument of that ass whooping. Now, you can put that in your "n***a and n****r doesn't always mean a black person" pipe and smoke it. I don't use that word AT ALL and demand to spoken to with respect by other Blacks. This is what many in the white community needs to understand about that word: THE MAJORITY OF US IN THE BLACK COMMUNITY DON'T LIKE OR USE THAT WORD!

Here's a good way for you to test your "n***a and n****r doesn't always mean a black person" theory:If you're white come to my part of the woods (good Chatham neighborhood on the south side of Chicago) and speak that word and see how far you get with that. And if you cannot escape with all your teeth intact you're gonna have to explain to the world your line of logic that lead you to "n***a and n****r doesn't always mean a black person".

man you seem awfully violent
So did Riley Cooper.

All I know is if black people want people to stop using that word they need to stop using it themselves. #TROOF

IMHO if you are not a White American or a Black American you have no dog in this fight.

NI@#ER is in my opinion the worst slur in the English language due to the history attached.

NI@#A is a street word used by several cultures with ZERO tie into Whites enslaving Blacks.

COOPER=WRONG that is all!

NFL off-season headlines in 1 pic.
[ Edited by KegBert on Jul 31, 2013 at 4:48 PM ]

First of all, not all black people use that word, so for non-whites to use that excuse to throw around a racial slur in a trifling manner is merely showing a base desire to publicly flaunt a historically hurtful term - it's probably titillating for them to do so, but it's a lower level of operation. The fact is Riley Cooper used the term, and it's either offensive or it isn't. #TRUTH

STFU. Its different and you won't understand so stop trying.

This hick f**ked up his career. Awesome. Brett Swain is next
Waits for jrg to enter the thread....

I dont even know HUUUUUUUUUUUUUU this guy is. Seriously he ant even on my FF list anywhere. . . . . .
All aboard the ignorance Culliver wagon

That's an ignorant comment in itself. I could be wrong but cully said he didn't want to play with gays not fight or kill them(gays). If you don't like cully then you must don't like most athletes cause most gays don't come out while their still playing. And it's not because cully doesn't like gays neither.
Dat n***a cray!
This s**t is funny and I am black. Yes it is sad that he said this and it got back to the web but if I were his teammate I would be laughing at him because he put himself out there like that. I would no longer trust him and I know that whether it be his teammates or any player in the NFL that he was going to take a beating all season long. Aside from that he plays in Philly of all places. You don't want to be a marked man in that town. I know I wouldn't. I would forgive him because we all say things that aren't politically correct at times but I would be laughing at the same time.

Why am I laughing? Not to be disrespectful of world and American history and the derogatory nature of that term but I am laughing because he wasn't man enough to stand by his sentiment. I have respect for a man that can call me a ni#$er to my face and mean it and own it but when you say something and then retract it because of external pressure, that is weak unless you are truly learning to be a better person from it. I respect Rev. Jeremiah Wright because he meant what he said and doesn't apologize for it even though I don't totally agree with the context of his speech. I would have respected Cully more if he had said that he was sorry if he offended anyone and that he was here to play football and said f$ck off. But then again maybe he is trying to become a better person for it.

I kinda feel bad for this guy if he is a closet racist because he doesn't have the courage to be himself openly. Get some nuts and say what you want to say like David Duke did. This has been an eventful offseason so far though not much about football
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jul 31, 2013 at 5:23 PM ]
Originally posted by Ballistic:
if a brother said it, this wouldn't be threadworthy/ a big deal on twitter

Originally posted by NinerGold39:

For real, black people DON'T use the "er" word. It ends with an "a". Technically it may not be right but it's da way $h!t is.
Share 49ersWebzone