There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Eagles WR Riley Cooper at country concert: "I will fight every n****r here"

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This thread turned out about as well as I would have expected.

Yes, we truly have some hot heads it seems.
Originally posted by 99problems:
im 104 And write it in whatever language you will understand because youre not saying anything except its a double standard.
What Exactly is the double standard? Because it can be a double standard in multiple ways. (mr technical)
You have had ZERO input. You have been talking loud but saying absolutely nothing.

thats a double standard if i ever heard one lmmfao.

in regards to Cooper probably getting cut or losing his career to this. to the fact that people want him fined and punished more than he will already be when the same word is used everywhere.

And I fully agree he used the word in a horrible context , but i dont buy the BS that if he had said n***a instead of n****r, that we wouldnt be having this conversation. s**t, if the guy he said it to was white, he would still be in hot water.

This whole subjectivity to the word when used by a non black person vs a black person vs with an r or a at the end is BS IMO. The NFL cant be used or should be in any position to define in what context the n-word is acceptable or not. Im glad the NFL said "we arent getting in the middle of that one"

And as a football fan, I want to see Cooper play. I will watch The Eagles play just to see him try and survive and watch people lay the wood on him

Think about it, what position in all of sports is more dominated by blacks specifically than the CB position?????? there isnt one white starter who he can count on taking it easy on him. He is full of fail to be watched

Cooper is gonna get owned and it will be entertainment. And the best part is EVERYONE will enjoy it except Cooper's gf, mom and dog.
[ Edited by blizzuntz on Aug 2, 2013 at 2:50 PM ]
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
in regards to Cooper probably getting cut or losing his career to this. to the fact that people want him fined and punished more than he will already be when the same word is used everywhere.

And I fully agree he used the word in a horrible context , but i dont buy the BS that if he had said n***a instead of n****r, that we wouldnt be having this conversation. s**t, if the guy he said it to was white, he would still be in hot water.

This whole subjectivity to the word when used by a non black person vs a black person vs with an r or a at the end is BS IMO. The NFL cant be used or should be in any position to define in what context the n-word is acceptable or not. Im glad the NFL said "we arent getting in the middle of that one"

And as a football fan, I want to see Cooper play. I will watch The Eagles play just to see him try and survive and watch people lay the wood on him

Think about it, what position in all of sports is more dominated by blacks specifically than the CB position?????? there isnt one white starter who he can count on taking it easy on him. He is full of fail to be watched

Cooper is gonna get owned and it will be entertainment. And the best part is EVERYONE will enjoy it except Cooper's gf, mom and dog.

So I don't see what the problem is. We're both actually saying pretty close to the same thing. Yet you think I'm stupid for thinking it my way when in reality your saying your potatoes are hash browns and I'm calling mine home fries.

I have white friends that say n***a in the middle of east oakland he might get looked at funny at first but he gets a pass(but he better not put a R at the end) have black friends that say it. It's more a cultural thing and cooper isn't part of that culture. I agree with everything else you said.
[ Edited by 99problems on Aug 2, 2013 at 3:31 PM ]
And I'm sure plenty of brothas have walked up to Paul Wall and said "what's up my n***a" and not 1 person around was offended lol
IJS

So I don't see what the problem is. We're both actually saying pretty close to the same thing. Yet you think I'm stupid for thinking it my way when in reality your saying your potatoes are hash browns and I'm calling mine home fries.

I have white friends that say n***a in the middle of east oakland he might get looked at funny at first but he gets a pass(but he better not put a R at the end) have black friends that say it. It's more a cultural thing and cooper isn't part of that culture. I agree with everything else you said.

I just wanna see this get as little attention as when Shaq insulted the asian community when he said "tell Yao Ming, ching, chinh chong" so that we can watch Cooper run for his life on the high lights. the media is blowing it into a huge race issue that is pushing the NFL and Eagles to not let us see Cooper play on the field.

I just wanna see this get as little attention as when Shaq insulted the asian community when he said "tell Yao Ming, ching, chinh chong" so that we can watch Cooper run for his life on the high lights. the media is blowing it into a huge race issue that is pushing the NFL and Eagles to not let us see Cooper play on the field.

75% of the league would be in reeducation camp if people were serious about hatred and intolerance. An African American could call someone a b****, f**, g**, c*** and no one would care. White person saying something insensitive towards blacks is the only scenario that is punishable.

Cooper is lucky that he has a job, but all of these players judging him should really just shut up.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Aug 2, 2013 at 4:13 PM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
If the N-word with an "a" and the version with an "er" were not used we would not have to worry about intent or what they mean in the context they were used. Also unless you pronounce them slowly they sound the same. I find it humorous we have mostly white guys arguing over the meaning of the two words. The only thing that really matters is what the black person who hears it thinks. Also "cracker" and "honkie" are not on the same level. White people were never oppressed in this country. I cannot believe people mentioned that no one here had lived through slavery, anyone heard of Jim Crow laws? They existed when quite a few of us in here were alive.
Signed, middle aged white man living in the South,.............
***Let's just pretend for a moment that the Eagles waive Riley Cooper, and the Niners' wideout depth remains thin... Collie + Hawkins don't pan out in training camp

would you welcome Cooper as a Niner?
[ Edited by Ballistic on Aug 2, 2013 at 4:20 PM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
75% of the league would be in reeducation camp if people were serious about hatred and intolerance. An African American could call someone a b****, f**, g**, c*** and no one would care. White person saying something insensitive towards blacks is the only scenario that is punishable.

Cooper is lucky that he has a job, but all of these players judging him should really just shut up.
Are you new here? Guess you never heard of Chris Culliver?
Originally posted by BobS:
Are you new here? Guess you never heard of Chris Culliver?

What was his punishment?

I'm sorry.
It doesn't go both ways blacks say n***a it's like saying Brotha whites will never understand (most)
Whites say n****r to be used as slander and to put one down. Waaaay different and not the same at all

This X 1,000.

Listen up white people (and I'm half white, half Asian) - you don't get to say either version. If you say "n-er," you're a racist, plain and simple. If you say "n-a," you're ignorant and insensitive. IT'S NOT YOUR WORD! Yes, it is okay for blacks to refer to other blacks, or even to their white friends, as "n-a." It has an entirely different definition and meaning.

It is essentially a black person's way of trying to make white people think that they have accepted the use of the demeaning term "n-er." It is a black person's way of dealing with centuries slavery, lynching, segregation, racism and system of laws so skewed that it's damn near impossible to get out of.

So stop trying to debate whether or not there is a "double standard," or who can or can't say which version. It's simple - IT'S NOT YOUR WORD. Say either version at your own risk. Riley Cooper is a racist punk and deserves to get his head taken off in every game he plays.
Originally posted by Ballistic:
***Let's just pretend for a moment that the Eagles waive Riley Cooper, and the Niners' wideout depth remains thin... Collie + Hawkins don't pan out in training camp

No. Not worth the media circus or disruption in the locker room.
Culliver got off easy, didn't even get a slap on the wrist

Now, let's assume every black in the NFL was ALSO gay. Would he be so lucky? lol
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Ballistic:

No. Not worth the media circus or disruption in the locker room.

If he showed up with a "Black Biker Week" shirt then I say yes!
oh, like the "Niners" in Sons of Anarchy

I get it