There are 43 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Eagles WR Riley Cooper at country concert: "I will fight every n****r here"

  • Amir
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,833
Originally posted by aTx49er:
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by Ballistic:
Originally posted by Amir:
n***a and n****r doesn't always mean a black person in today's world. based on the video, he was talking s**t and about to fight some white dude. people are gonna make a big deal out if it but it's really not.
"I will jump that fence and fight every n***ER here, bro."

Yeah, definitely trying to fight the white dude in the video who most likely is just a friend/part of his group. There

there are no black people at country music concerts.

I'm guessing you've never been to a country music concert..........

i actually have. loved it.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
How is honky not offensive? Yes you can insult a white person just like anybody else.

lulz no white person was ever offended by being called honky come on dude that s**t is funny not offensive
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Its amazing to me that so many of you are making excuses for this behavior. Maybe is because MANY of you have used the same word and to condemn him and his action would be condemning yourselves.

LOL. Maybe some of us just arent so sensitive and dont get riled up over a word some drunken idiot said, especially when it has become a quite common term used by all races, and not purely used as a reference to black people. Maybe some of us think logically and realize that simply because this guy used the term at a concert while intoxicated, more than likely in referance to a group of people that were likely not even black, does not necissarily make him a raging racist. He certainly may be, but he also may just be a young idiot that made a mistake he genuinely regrets. Its amusing to me that if this same guy was driving his car down the street bumping music where the term is used every other word, it would be no big deal, but the second he says the term himself he is a racist.

As i mentioned before, culture is often awkward, especially with youth, and its easy to overreact to something that may have a historical reference as a racial slur, but no longer carries that historical reference with modern culture of young people. When you are looking at the term strictly with historical context, but ignore the modern cultural context of the term, it can be offensive, but that does not mean that the term was in fact used in an offensive way when it comes to the cultural context.

Another thing that is amusing to me is when celebrities within the hip hop and rap community act offended when someone outside of the black community use the term, all the while they got rich off of all races listening to and buying their music and blasting said music in their parents basement.

Its simply an awkward term. I personally think it is one of the most ridiculous cultural phenomenons of the young generation in this country, but its their generation and their rules.
my seaph*g coworker buddy is straight up country but bleck as f. He was posting here for a sec. He stopped after a couple of seahawk pride posts.He might still be around I'm not sure. I doubt it.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It's a dumb thing to say but alcohol fuels a lot of stuff that we would never say or do otherwise. There is a lot of hypocrisy going on too. If a black athlete says "cracker" do they go to a re education program and get fined?

If somebody says something one time while drunk at a concert I don't know that they are totally racist for life. Probably just drunk and stupid. I'm not sticking up for what he said. In fact I feel it's wrong. It's just he said a drunk fueled thing and then apologized for it. I think it's a slight overreaction. He's not leading the Klan. He said a dumb thing and then apologized.

lol this is stupid. do you even know where the term "cracker" comes from? it was coined for white people when they whipped black slaves causing a "crack" in the whip. how is this at all similar to the word "n****r"?

it is literally impossible to offend white people with a racial slur. what are you going to call them? honky? white bread? go ahead and try to insult a white person with a racist term. you can't do it!

How is honky not offensive? Yes you can insult a white person just like anybody else.

I'm white and I don't find honky or cracker the least but offensive. If someone was talking s**t to me and called me one of those I'd have to do my best not to burst out laughing.

I seriously don't know any white person that thinks honky or cracker are even close to being as offensive as the N word, if at all.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
How is honky not offensive? Yes you can insult a white person just like anybody else.

lulz no white person was ever offended by being called honky come on dude that s**t is funny not offensive

Any person who is offended by any racial term in this country today needs to grow thicker skin and become more comfortable with themselves as a human being. Its as simple as that.

I think what people fail to see is there are no longer racial divides in this country for the majority of Americans. Sure their are always holdouts, and bigots, but they are an extreme minority. And the media and certain political groups continue to exploit race for ratings and political and financial gain, but that doesnt mean that there is a true racial divide.

What we actually have in this country is a growing and escalating cultural divide, and yes there is a huge difference.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Aug 1, 2013 at 10:46 PM ]
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It's a dumb thing to say but alcohol fuels a lot of stuff that we would never say or do otherwise. There is a lot of hypocrisy going on too. If a black athlete says "cracker" do they go to a re education program and get fined?

If somebody says something one time while drunk at a concert I don't know that they are totally racist for life. Probably just drunk and stupid. I'm not sticking up for what he said. In fact I feel it's wrong. It's just he said a drunk fueled thing and then apologized for it. I think it's a slight overreaction. He's not leading the Klan. He said a dumb thing and then apologized.

lol this is stupid. do you even know where the term "cracker" comes from? it was coined for white people when they whipped black slaves causing a "crack" in the whip. how is this at all similar to the word "n****r"?

it is literally impossible to offend white people with a racial slur. what are you going to call them? honky? white bread? go ahead and try to insult a white person with a racist term. you can't do it!

How is honky not offensive? Yes you can insult a white person just like anybody else.

I'm white and I don't find honky or cracker the least but offensive. If someone was talking s**t to me and called me one of those I'd have to do my best not to burst out laughing.

I seriously don't know any white person that thinks honky or cracker are even close to being as offensive as the N word, if at all.

Any person, of any race, can be offended by anything. Its simply a fallacy to assume that no white people are offended by such terms, just like it is a fallacy to assume any white person that says the N word at a concert is a racist. Context is everything.









He looks like the handicap comedy club owner in the lost episodes of the Chappelle show
Originally posted by KegBert:
I'm white and I don't find honky or cracker the least but offensive. If someone was talking s**t to me and called me one of those I'd have to do my best not to burst out laughing.

I seriously don't know any white person that thinks honky or cracker are even close to being as offensive as the N word, if at all.

It's not about the word. It's most definitely not about YOUR personal perception of the word. Honky and cracker are racially charged and derogatory. That's why the Eagles manager said "that word has no place in modern society". Words that attempt demean a person have no place in society.

I've been called a cracker by an African American and I know for a fact they meant it in a hateful and demeaning way. Funny thing I'm half Spanish and I claim that side. To be completely frank racial slurs don't bother me because I'm not ridiculous. I know what type of world we live in. I'm not going to pretend like that world isn't their. I've been slurred on for my Spanish blood. My friends have used every word in the book and it doesn't bother me because their just words.

Words are not people is a truism that comes to mind. A racial slur carries no weight. It doesn't define you. So why let it move your actions and incite anger?

Ultimately by the tone in Coopers voice he may be racist to some extent. The way he used the word was comfortable enough to send the message he's used it in that context before. Get over it. Every other weekend an athlete is saying and doing something stupid and insensitive. It's the world we live in.
Man, if racial slurs are pissing people off these days, then they need to grow up. I dont care who you are, either you have used a racial slur or been around someone who has and done nothing about it. It is a minority and not the actual world we live in which why I dont give a f**k.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by KegBert:
I'm white and I don't find honky or cracker the least but offensive. If someone was talking s**t to me and called me one of those I'd have to do my best not to burst out laughing.

I seriously don't know any white person that thinks honky or cracker are even close to being as offensive as the N word, if at all.

It's not about the word. It's most definitely not about YOUR personal perception of the word. Honky and cracker are racially charged and derogatory. That's why the Eagles manager said "that word has no place in modern society". Words that attempt demean a person have no place in society.

I've been called a cracker by an African American and I know for a fact they meant it in a hateful and demeaning way. Funny thing I'm half Spanish and I claim that side. To be completely frank racial slurs don't bother me because I'm not ridiculous. I know what type of world we live in. I'm not going to pretend like that world isn't their. I've been slurred on for my Spanish blood. My friends have used every word in the book and it doesn't bother me because their just words.

Words are not people is a truism that comes to mind. A racial slur carries no weight. It doesn't define you. So why let it move your actions and incite anger?

Ultimately by the tone in Coopers voice he may be racist to some extent. The way he used the word was comfortable enough to send the message he's used it in that context before. Get over it. Every other weekend an athlete is saying and doing something stupid and insensitive. It's the world we live in.

Well if there is a white person out there offended by either of those words I haven't met them yet.

Also have to disagree that there is no place because they can be used humorously. I've seen a lot of funny comedians use these words. Watch an episode of Chappells show, you will hear honky, cracker, N***a and many other racial epithets thrown around regularly and it's funny.

Some people are way to high-strung and take themselves too seriously. It's ok to laugh at yourself and at others lol.
  • Tombo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 185
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
LOL. Maybe some of us just arent so sensitive and dont get riled up over a word some drunken idiot said, especially when it has become a quite common term used by all races, and not purely used as a reference to black people. Maybe some of us think logically and realize that simply because this guy used the term at a concert while intoxicated, more than likely in referance to a group of people that were likely not even black, does not necissarily make him a raging racist. He certainly may be, but he also may just be a young idiot that made a mistake he genuinely regrets. Its amusing to me that if this same guy was driving his car down the street bumping music where the term is used every other word, it would be no big deal, but the second he says the term himself he is a racist.

As i mentioned before, culture is often awkward, especially with youth, and its easy to overreact to something that may have a historical reference as a racial slur, but no longer carries that historical reference with modern culture of young people. When you are looking at the term strictly with historical context, but ignore the modern cultural context of the term, it can be offensive, but that does not mean that the term was in fact used in an offensive way when it comes to the cultural context.

Another thing that is amusing to me is when celebrities within the hip hop and rap community act offended when someone outside of the black community use the term, all the while they got rich off of all races listening to and buying their music and blasting said music in their parents basement.

Its simply an awkward term. I personally think it is one of the most ridiculous cultural phenomenons of the young generation in this country, but its their generation and their rules.
Finally, someone with common sense! Post of the day
  • Tombo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 185
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Any person who is offended by any racial term in this country today needs to grow thicker skin and become more comfortable with themselves as a human being. Its as simple as that.

I think what people fail to see is there are no longer racial divides in this country for the majority of Americans. Sure their are always holdouts, and bigots, but they are an extreme minority. And the media and certain political groups continue to exploit race for ratings and political and financial gain, but that doesnt mean that there is a true racial divide.

What we actually have in this country is a growing and escalating cultural divide, and yes there is a huge difference.

Tied for post of the day! Politicians and the media are what keeps fueling racism.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
How is honky not offensive? Yes you can insult a white person just like anybody else.

lulz no white person was ever offended by being called honky come on dude that s**t is funny not offensive

Any person who is offended by any racial term in this country today needs to grow thicker skin and become more comfortable with themselves as a human being. Its as simple as that.

I think what people fail to see is there are no longer racial divides in this country for the majority of Americans. Sure their are always holdouts, and bigots, but they are an extreme minority. And the media and certain political groups continue to exploit race for ratings and political and financial gain, but that doesnt mean that there is a true racial divide.

What we actually have in this country is a growing and escalating cultural divide, and yes there is a huge difference.

This definitely goes on. There is huge media exploitation of the issue without honest reporting even and there are professional race baiters who just race bait all day long and reap financial rewards from it.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It's a dumb thing to say but alcohol fuels a lot of stuff that we would never say or do otherwise. There is a lot of hypocrisy going on too. If a black athlete says "cracker" do they go to a re education program and get fined?

If somebody says something one time while drunk at a concert I don't know that they are totally racist for life. Probably just drunk and stupid. I'm not sticking up for what he said. In fact I feel it's wrong. It's just he said a drunk fueled thing and then apologized for it. I think it's a slight overreaction. He's not leading the Klan. He said a dumb thing and then apologized.

lol this is stupid. do you even know where the term "cracker" comes from? it was coined for white people when they whipped black slaves causing a "crack" in the whip. how is this at all similar to the word "n****r"?

it is literally impossible to offend white people with a racial slur. what are you going to call them? honky? white bread? go ahead and try to insult a white person with a racist term. you can't do it!

How is honky not offensive? Yes you can insult a white person just like anybody else.

I'm white and I don't find honky or cracker the least but offensive. If someone was talking s**t to me and called me one of those I'd have to do my best not to burst out laughing.

I seriously don't know any white person that thinks honky or cracker are even close to being as offensive as the N word, if at all.

Any person, of any race, can be offended by anything. Its simply a fallacy to assume that no white people are offended by such terms, just like it is a fallacy to assume any white person that says the N word at a concert is a racist. Context is everything.

And what context do you think he was using when he said he'd fight every ni&&er here?