LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

Eagles WR Riley Cooper at country concert: "I will fight every n****r here"

Shop 49ers game tickets
It's a dumb thing to say but alcohol fuels a lot of stuff that we would never say or do otherwise. There is a lot of hypocrisy going on too. If a black athlete says "cracker" do they go to a re education program and get fined?

If somebody says something one time while drunk at a concert I don't know that they are totally racist for life. Probably just drunk and stupid. I'm not sticking up for what he said. In fact I feel it's wrong. It's just he said a drunk fueled thing and then apologized for it. I think it's a slight overreaction. He's not leading the Klan. He said a dumb thing and then apologized.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by 99problems:
i know tons of white people that use the word. Back in high school (late 90's) in the oakland. It was tons of white kids with gold teeth saying N like they were black. Nobody bothered, but at the same school if one of the spoiled brat white kids said it trying to be cool he could have had the s**t slapped out of him.

PS: I do say the word but only around certain groups of people. its like i have a N word filter.
YES i am black (mostly)

There's a fine line here. I've almost gotten into fights before trying to calm down enraged black kids because a spoiled white kid trying to be black said "fo shizzle my nizzle". Come on now. No white person under the age of 60 knows that's a derogatory term. If someone is just trying to fit in with you don't act like they're being racist.

I agree.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It's a dumb thing to say but alcohol fuels a lot of stuff that we would never say or do otherwise. There is a lot of hypocrisy going on too. If a black athlete says "cracker" do they go to a re education program and get fined?

If somebody says something one time while drunk at a concert I don't know that they are totally racist for life. Probably just drunk and stupid. I'm not sticking up for what he said. In fact I feel it's wrong. It's just he said a drunk fueled thing and then apologized for it. I think it's a slight overreaction. He's not leading the Klan. He said a dumb thing and then apologized.

It comforts me that you are just as ignorant and confused about real life as you are about the 49ers. It all makes much more sense now.

If you think that's the only time he's used the n-word = delusional
If you think cracker and the n-word are the same = delusional

lol this is stupid. do you even know where the term "cracker" comes from? it was coined for white people when they whipped black slaves causing a "crack" in the whip. how is this at all similar to the word "n****r"?

it is literally impossible to offend white people with a racial slur. what are you going to call them? honky? white bread? go ahead and try to insult a white person with a racist term. you can't do it!
Originally posted by natrone06:

It comforts me that you are just as ignorant and confused about real life as you are about the 49ers. It all makes much more sense now.

Did I say it's the first time he ever used it? Or are those words you have projected upon me from your own line of thinking? My post doesn't say that.

How are cracker and N word different? You gonna give me some kind of argument that black people can't be racist? Only white people can? You wanna talk about there is a history of slavery? There is not one person black or white alive today who was a slave or a slave owner. Not one person here today in the U.S. had anything to do with that whatsoever. Hate is hate. Racism is racism.

And if you don't understand the difference between being drunk and sober I don't know what to tell you. You never said or did anything in your entire life drunk that you would never dream of sober? Come on.
Originally posted by frenchmov:

lol this is stupid. do you even know where the term "cracker" comes from? it was coined for white people when they whipped black slaves causing a "crack" in the whip. how is this at all similar to the word "n****r"?

it is literally impossible to offend white people with a racial slur. what are you going to call them? honky? white bread? go ahead and try to insult a white person with a racist term. you can't do it!

How is honky not offensive? Yes you can insult a white person just like anybody else.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Aug 1, 2013 at 8:07 PM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Hate to be him running a slant threw the middle. They are going to light his a$$ up. Get a new job now bc this idiot is done in the nfl.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OLI7m7bmDk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

You mean like this

Lol Exactly.. Everyone makes mistakes but with so many mistakes that have been made before this, you would think these football players will either stfup or stay out of the news. You don't like being in the eyes of the public? Be a pencil pusher. If not shut up, stay out of the news and play football.
Alcohol + morons = Priceless
  • BobS
  • Veteran

I think alcohol removes inhibitions and fear mostly. So I believe to an extent being drunk just gives you the courage to act out things you did not have the nerve to do sober. I cannot provide being drunk as an excuse for anybody, it just lets us see the ugliness that is inside some people.
[ Edited by BobS on Aug 1, 2013 at 8:29 PM ]

You are making this personal. Mellow out. Thanks.

How is honky not offensive? Yes you can insult a white person just like anybody else.

This is why its ok to be racist against white people and why as a white person... I typically STFU when arguments like "you shouldnt be allowed to call me cracker" are made by other people.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

You are making this personal. Mellow out. Thanks.

Maybe its personal because when you're black and this happens it FEELS personal because it happens to all black people!
Its amazing to me that so many of you are making excuses for this behavior. Maybe is because MANY of you have used the same word and to condemn him and his action would be condemning yourselves.
Well, we don't have Aaron Hernandez, we don't have this bozo, we didn't let one of our premier LBs walk based on sloppy contract terms(Denver), we don't have the jets Mark Sanchez, we don't have A-Rod, nor Milwaukee's MVP last yr, Braun, we don't have the Seahawks CB who is suspended for first four games, we don't have a senescent, over the hill owner/GM who massacres each draft and has since the last 15 yrs in Dallas.....and the list goes on and on. No matter how you slice it, any team, any clubhouse beset with racial slurs, PEDs, crappy QB, more PEDs, an owner /GM self promoter who can't put a half way decent team together....well, in an odd way it is a huge advantage for us over those teams so afflicted. I would say "good on you" to Jim Harbaugh, Trent Baalke ,and Jed. We have a terrific team, smart guys(mostly), basically good people, who just so happen to be one of the top two most talented teams in the NFL, with best HC, best GM, and great owner.

In a way, before the first ball is snapped in anger, we have an advantage over these teams, as well as others, and it all pretty much breaks down to drafting and acquiring essentially good guys. How would you like to be a Philly fan right now? Yeah, me neither. So a large tip of the cap to the guys who put together a spectacular team, that altho not goody two shoes, is one heckuva specimen for the NFL. America's team? Dallas? Philly? SEA? Nah, and on it goes...the 49ers are on their way to becoming , once again, America's team.

A personal thank you to our above named owner, HC, GM, for bringing together the fine group of men we think of as football players....when in fact they too are men, capable of any number of bad or illegal happenstances...or good ones... but for the most part have been terrific role models, and good guys to boot. We are lucky, great, and have a leg up on a number of other teams who have suffered any of the distractions/ illegal behavior/ personal misconduct/etc as just the few mentioned above. We all love our team, but we sometimes forget, "hey, these are really great guys, too". Don't believe it , just look at Philly and Pats at present, and SEA to a lesser extent.

I love my 49ers....all of them from owner/HC/GM down to each and every one of the guys out there who make the final 53.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Aug 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by KegBert:

NFL off-season headlines in 1 pic.

wtf are they wearing? it looks like they have toilet paper stuck to their pants LOL

anyways...good epic fail of a pic

Tebow still can't throw!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Dude (81): "c'mon man, DAMN, I'm like 5 feet away from you... WTF are you throwing it in Cooper's direction for!!!!!!!?"
That happens to be Hernandez

Hernandez: "yo Tebow, throw at the back of his head!"
[ Edited by LVJay on Aug 1, 2013 at 9:57 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone