There are 53 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Eagles WR Riley Cooper at country concert: "I will fight every n****r here"

Originally posted by 99problems:
i know tons of white people that use the word. Back in high school (late 90's) in the oakland. It was tons of white kids with gold teeth saying N like they were black. Nobody bothered, but at the same school if one of the spoiled brat white kids said it trying to be cool he could have had the s**t slapped out of him.

PS: I do say the word but only around certain groups of people. its like i have a N word filter.
YES i am black (mostly)

There's a fine line here. I've almost gotten into fights before trying to calm down enraged black kids because a spoiled white kid trying to be black said "fo shizzle my nizzle". Come on now. No white person under the age of 60 knows that's a derogatory term. If someone is just trying to fit in with you don't act like they're being racist.
Originally posted by GoNiners:
all this talk makes me think of this george carlin routine

im offended that some people dont find coopers comments offensive.

im offended by everything! ;)
This is so stupid. They are making this out to be a huge story and it isn't. Big deal. He said the N word. So everything would have been fine if he had just said "I will fight everyone one of these f**kers". Typical American media today. Take a small issue and try to blow it up to be something that it isn't.
When non-blacks (even thugs and rappers) use the word 'n***a,' it looks and sounds every bit this ridiculous:

[ Edited by 21SandersMoss84 on Aug 1, 2013 at 1:36 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by 99problems:
im almost certain that youre answering that incorrectly. especially since the question wasnt directed towards Cooper next time read everything quoted instead of the last 4 words.

Fair enough. The use of the n word in the African American community is something I have no thoughts on. It's obvious though that Cooper wasn't saying n****a.

As Daniel Tosh shows, its not racist if you put an "a" at the end

http://tosh.comedycentral.com/video-clips/g4ttfv/is-it-racist----adding-an-a
Let me see here, black people call themselves the N word all the time all day every day but when A white person uses it it is deemed offensive. Someone sounding ignorant is the same no matter whose mouth it spills from. If Black people want to cry about the N word then perhaps they should police their community. This "horrible" slang that causes such emotional duress sounds so much more sophisticated and intelligent coming from a black persons mouth?? Reminds me of the Zimmerman's case, overwhelmingly most of the black community supports the idea he was guilty BEFORE THERE WAS EVEN A TRIAL (Due Process be damned). He was found innocent and there was no evidence of racism whatsoever, meanwhile in Chicago 30-50 blacks are killed by gunfire (Nothing to see here folks, move on). The Damn is bursting in the middle but lets fill these little holes first..
[ Edited by seahawk12thman on Aug 1, 2013 at 3:12 PM ]
double standards, thats how america works
Originally posted by xcfan:
you have to cut a drunk guy some slack.
alcohol takes away your judgment. you say stupid stuff you know is wrong ...

There is NO SLACK for him and others, that commit Acts against The Shield ... I mean, it's all we hear; "Protect the Shield".

In excess -- which is probably the case with Riley Cooper -- your statement in bold is correct.

Not that I agree/disagree with the rules of today's NFL ... it is what it is, and players should know,
or need to know ... that anything they do outside the privacy of their homes, is fair game. In the way
that Social-Media, has altered the minds of the General Populace ... you are fair game. "All is fair,
in Love and War". Players, are well schooled in the Do's and Don't (conduct-wise), before they Ink their
contracts.

... what people say and do when they're drunk is not a clear definition of who they are. alcohol allows the stupid, primitive, animalistic side of all of us to run amok, with little governance from our refined, civilized self. people need to understand this, and not persecute drunk people for their drunken words as if they were cold, calculating and sober.

I believe you will find many a person to disagree with this. For some -- the more they drink -- alcohol lowers their inhibitions,
hence releasing the true person, or the person they wish to be ... rendering others, more violent. Seemingly, Riley Cooper,
is affected by both aspects of over indulgence.

What actually made me laugh more -- when I heard about this on NFLN, and checked it via the WZ thread --
wasn't so much Riley Cooper and his Proclamation, it was the girlie to his right (our left), with the "Ahhh, he
said Ni@@a' remark and expression.

Originally posted by captain_planet:
... anywhere in Chicago. Notice those around you.
Mexican thugs: Every other word is n***a
White thugs: Every other word is n***a
Black thugs: Every other word is n***a
Asian thugs: Every other word is n***a ...

Reminds me of something I witnessed in SF in '96. I use to live on Steiner (between O'Farrell and Ellis). Had a 3 month commitment
in the Financial District. So I chose the Lesser of Evils (drive, or MUNI) and took the 38 Geary (Limited) each morning. A group of mixed
Asian high schooler on board before me ... along the way, I'd imagine another group of schoolmates boarded. Next thing I hear -- from the
group already on the 38 -- was "Wassup wit 'dat Ni@@a Wong". as to ask, where is Wong this morning?

Right then and there, I really really realised, how the usage of Ni@@er and Ni@@a' had changed. Asians (although teenagers), were
dropping the "N" word, Loud and in public. I didn't make any judgements etc., just filed it away as information ... that I may, or may not
ever need to access again.

On another note, a 'lil Levity if you will ...

[ Edited by FlayvaMeister on Aug 1, 2013 at 4:17 PM ]
Oh double standards, what would we we do without thee? I wonder how many Americans, who happen to be black, were "offended" by Riley Cooper's comments have hip hop music that gratuitously uses the "N-word"?
Originally posted by NavyHawk:
Oh double standards, what would we we do without thee? I wonder how many Americans, who happen to be black, were "offended" by Riley Cooper's comments have hip hop music that gratuitously uses the "N-word"?

Think of it like this, you can tell one of your obese buds to get his big ass up off the coach and its all good because you have that understanding as buds. Some blacks are like this about the term Ni$$a when saying things like that Ni$$a crazy for dating that girl. To me it is ignorant to try and turn such a derogatory word into a term of endearment for some when indeed it originally was used to demean another but nonetheless the people that do this have that understanding amongst themselves. If you don't have that understanding with someone there are certain things that you might say to disturb them that their bros may say and nothing is thought of it. This still might be difficult to understand by the masses and it is still very ignorant ultimately
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Aug 1, 2013 at 5:55 PM ]
I'm listening to WPEN 97.5 The Fanatic in Philadelphia. They've been running a segment today
asking listeners "What should the Philadelphia Eagles do with Riley Cooper"? Interestingly enough,
most callers, feel that with the new regime in Philly, should cut ties with him.

The general consensus is this ... the fine is not enough. The event already has the locker room divided,
as evidenced by the interviews being aired. Football, and the upcoming season (most feel) should be at
the forefront of the teams mindset. Therefore, he has to be released for the team to move forward. Getting
a few players to forgive him is one thing ... getting 90, and later 53 players to be of the same mind on this
issue, will be damned-near impossible.
To those who think this is ok go repeat this a work party or at the office. Especially if you work in PR or something. Which players have a duty to adhere to.

Get me back on how that goes.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
To those who think this is ok go repeat this a work party or at the office. Especially if you work in PR or something. Which players have a duty to adhere to.

Get me back on how that goes.

There is a double standard with the N-word. If it is a black person saying it at a black company it isn't news.

If a non black person, specifically a WASP , says it at a white office party and it gets out that person will probably lose their job. When both office parties are probably playing some hip hop music where the artist uses the word regularly .
Hate to be him running a slant threw the middle. They are going to light his a$$ up. Get a new job now bc this idiot is done in the nfl.
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Hate to be him running a slant threw the middle. They are going to light his a$$ up. Get a new job now bc this idiot is done in the nfl.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OLI7m7bmDk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

You mean like this