There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Eagles WR Riley Cooper at country concert: "I will fight every n****r here"

Originally posted by olapac:
Lolololol! Where's the "That's Racist" gif when you need it?!?!

Seriously, that was funny in a good way. Carry on.

I've always thought everyone on the zone was white. I still do. So you're white until proven otherwise
I thought the news feed of his public apology said that the security personnel was black. I thought I heard the reporter ask him that question and Riley responded that the guy was black. Yes it was wrong he said it and yes he may have deep rooted feelings from his childhood and where he grew up. But guess what, he can't change how he was or where he came from but he can decide where he is going and who he is going to be, just like Vick had to do. I believe that a lot of racism comes from the fear of the unknown and differences in individuals and the ignorance of what other people represent.

Riley should at this point be enlightened more than most non black Americans of what it is to work and play with blacks on pretty much a daily basis. The life he has chosen puts him in a position to where he should understand more about what is both good and bad about blacks and that the only differences in people are the environments from which they originate. Life experiences beyond that and the choices you make will ultimately define your character. I understand why some won't forgive him but I think he deserves that second chance and the benefit of the doubt.

The integration of the school systems and the public access that all races have to various privileges in this country has exposed my generation to each other more than the segregation of the past. The fear of one another that was harvested by the thoughts planted in us by our ancestors was removed when we had to go to classes together, work together, play organized sports together, ask our parents to bring that white friend over from class, and sometimes date one another. As a result the vast majority of my generation took another step forward towards a mending of race relations because we found out how much we had in common through intimate exposure to one another

Now my kids are in classrooms of the international variety. They will take another step most certainly and the longer Riley plays football so will he
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Aug 1, 2013 at 11:01 AM ]
Originally posted by 99problems:
im almost certain that youre answering that incorrectly. especially since the question wasnt directed towards Cooper next time read everything quoted instead of the last 4 words.

Fair enough. The use of the n word in the African American community is something I have no thoughts on. It's obvious though that Cooper wasn't saying n****a.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
im almost certain that youre answering that incorrectly. especially since the question wasnt directed towards Cooper next time read everything quoted instead of the last 4 words.

Fair enough. The use of the n word in the African American community is something I have no thoughts on. It's obvious though that Cooper wasn't saying n****a.

its ok i will also never understand how homosexuals also call themselves f*g's
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by hawker84:
As a black man myself, i've always been taught if these type of sentiments come out of your mouth when you're drunk, those feeling are inside you when you're sober planted deep.. The fact that he is apologizing and saying he's never used that word before is complete crap, he's just never been caught on camera.

THIS
a drunk mans actions is a sober mans thoughts.
people do things drunk that they wish they had the balls to do sober.
PS i bet he wouldnt say that at a Rap Concert

But I bet 10,000 of the black guys there would, which makes them hypocrites.

what makes them hypocrites?

If you throw that word around you cannot act like it offends you. I personally am offended by it, there is no place in today's society for it.

I can't find fault for someone for trying to change the context of a hurtful word. Just don't get mad if a white person recites it while reciting a rap verse. That doesn't apply to Cooper though.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Aug 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM ]
Originally posted by 5280High:
Random question... does anyone know whether the guy he was talking about was actually black? He emphasized the R so most likely he was but I could also imagine him being such a big idiot he was talking like his teammates in the locker room just in the whitest way possible. Still doesnt make it right, but it would be kind of funny if he did all this to himself talking about a white guy.

supposedly the security was black and didn't allow him backstage access like some of the others players there.. That's what he was mad at, like he's actually a somebody.. just what i heard, don't quote me.
As a black man myself, i've always been taught if these type of sentiments come out of your mouth when you're drunk, those feeling are inside you when you're sober planted deep.. The fact that he is apologizing and saying he's never used that word before is complete crap, he's just never been caught on camera.

THIS

If you throw that word around you cannot act like it offends you. I personally am offended by it, there is no place in today's society for it.

If Cooper really wants to say the word n***a, all he needs to do is go to rap concerts and sing along the lyrics with the whole crowd.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

THIS

If Cooper really wants to say the word n***a, all he needs to do is go to rap concerts and sing along the lyrics with the whole crowd.

Macklemore concert?
Originally posted by tjd808185:

I can't find fault for someone for trying to change the context of a hurtful word. Just don't get mad if a white person recites it while reciting a rap verse. That doesn't apply to Cooper though.

i know tons of white people that use the word. Back in high school (late 90's) in the oakland. It was tons of white kids with gold teeth saying N like they were black. Nobody bothered, but at the same school if one of the spoiled brat white kids said it trying to be cool he could have had the s**t slapped out of him.

PS: I do say the word but only around certain groups of people. its like i have a N word filter.
YES i am black (mostly)
Originally posted by DaDDieO:

THIS

Macklemore concert?

yup just watch the opening acts lol
Originally posted by DaDDieO:

THIS

Macklemore concert?

Especially that one lol
all this talk makes me think of this george carlin routine

Just because someone says the word n***er, doesn't mean they are a racist. Someone who is racist generally has hateful feelings towards people of a certain race. I don't see how a professional football player, someone who has trained, practiced, and competed for most of their life along side teammates of different races.

Same thing goes for many people who use the words f*got or retard. They are degrading and offensive words to certain groups of people. But many people who have no hateful feelings towards those groups of people still use those words.

So again, Cooper isn't necessarily a racist. He's just stupid and insensitive with his speech.
Originally posted by blm7754:
Just because someone says the word n***er, doesn't mean they are a racist. Someone who is racist generally has hateful feelings towards people of a certain race. I don't see how a professional football player, someone who has trained, practiced, and competed for most of their life along side teammates of different races.

Same thing goes for many people who use the words f*got or retard. They are degrading and offensive words to certain groups of people. But many people who have no hateful feelings towards those groups of people still use those words.

So again, Cooper isn't necessarily a racist. He's just stupid and insensitive with his speech.

i can assure you there are racist in all walks of life, including high school, college and professional sports.. Rocker ring a bell?
[ Edited by hawker84 on Aug 1, 2013 at 12:00 PM ]