There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Pro Bowl Changes

Great interception. I remember praying for Peterson to drop to us. Aldon worked out pretty well though
Oh look, Kap's not the only QB who throws that sideline INT.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Oh look, Kap's not the only QB who throws that sideline INT.

Shhhhhh….Our QB is the only one that makes one read and makes mistakes.
That dump pass Rivers just hit was money. Kap needs to add that to his arsenal.

Then he hit the TD pass. Two solid throws.
[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on Jan 26, 2014 at 6:04 PM ]
Why can't our staff run screens when the pass rush is fierce (in Seattle) lol
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

It is very maddening to see how many are being run in this game that nobody cares about. I think on one drive, I saw more than the Niners ran all season.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
It is very maddening to see how many are being run in this game that nobody cares about. I think on one drive, I saw more than the Niners ran all season.

He held us back this year. Should have ran more screens and spread them out and threw quick passes. 3-4 wideouts, maybe a hurry up and then get them backed off and start running some qb draws or rb draws. When their backs were to Kap he made big plays scrambling. Why bunch yourselves up against them? Look at the first game in Seattle we ran against 9 man fronts right up the middle often nd put 1 wr (boldin) out wide many times. That's asking to fail. The NFFCG he ran it on 1st down just about every time. Yeah I figured he would be our downfall this season. Like I said he is holding us back. Not that the OL and Kap didn't play a part in it at times. Kap and Roman didn't do a very good job utilizing McDonald and James this year. Not enough passes in the flats and to the RBs out of the backfield either. Anyways, this is getting off topic of the pro bowl.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jan 26, 2014 at 6:17 PM ]
This game is a lot more entertaining than expected. Funny to see Rivera's D sacking Cam.
Yep, players playing harder than last year but we have had like 6 turnovers and like 10 sacks so far. Yikes... but defense has the advantage when you got guys playing together that never have before and they are just chucking the ball up. Brees must have grounded like 5 so far although haven't been watching with the sound on I think they can do that.

Originally posted by Gore_21:
He held us back this year. Should have ran more screens and spread them out and threw quick passes. 3-4 wideouts, maybe a hurry up and then get them backed off and start running some qb draws or rb draws. When their backs where to Kap he made big plays scrambling. Why bunch yourselfs up against them? Look at the first game in Seattle we ran against 9 man fronts and put 1 wr (boldin) out wide many times. That's asking to fail. The NFFCG he ran it on 1st down just about every time. Yeah I figured he would be our downfall this season. Like I said he is holding us back. Not that the OL and Kap didn't play a part in it at times. Kap and Roman didn't do a very good job utilizing McDonald and James this year. Not enough passes in the flats and to the RBs out of the backfield either.

Because our line isn't suited or as athletic like the Saints' O-line. (for an easy example). Staley is probably the best o-lineman to be utilized on a screen pass. Our line just isn't made for that
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Because our line isn't suited or as athletic like the Saints' O-line. (for an easy example). Staley is probably the best o-lineman to be utilized on a screen pass. Our line just isn't made for that

Yeah they are maulers but our guys can still pull and run we just don't practice screens and run them often so when we do call them on rare occasions we don't set up well for them. Still screens aside you can't tell me you were happy with how little we utilized guys like James and McDonald and how little we passed to the RBs out of the backfield.
How to improve SB half times shows... cut out the crappy artist... put a bunch of cheerleaders on stage half naked dancing.
Originally posted by defenderDX:

Originally posted by Gore_21:
He held us back this year. Should have ran more screens and spread them out and threw quick passes. 3-4 wideouts, maybe a hurry up and then get them backed off and start running some qb draws or rb draws. When their backs where to Kap he made big plays scrambling. Why bunch yourselfs up against them? Look at the first game in Seattle we ran against 9 man fronts and put 1 wr (boldin) out wide many times. That's asking to fail. The NFFCG he ran it on 1st down just about every time. Yeah I figured he would be our downfall this season. Like I said he is holding us back. Not that the OL and Kap didn't play a part in it at times. Kap and Roman didn't do a very good job utilizing McDonald and James this year. Not enough passes in the flats and to the RBs out of the backfield either.

Solution: let Iupati and Goodwin go, draft athletic linemen in the draft and BOOM! Best screen pass Oline in the game!
alex is in at QB. Team Rice loses
I love Alex, but as soon as he comes in, check down, run play