There are 138 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Pro Bowl Changes

Originally posted by Hitman49:
AFC was red and NFC was blue...how come orange and neon green??? I think the league is giving Nike to much control...keep a little of the tradition..

This is Goodell doing what he feels is best for the game. Fans dont give 2 s**ts about the pro bowl. It is meaningless. And like you sad he is giving Nike too much control.

Plus players dont wanna play and risk injury, while Goodell doesnt care. He wants fans to be happy, and buy jersey's, etc....
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
This is Goodell doing what he feels is best for the game. Fans dont give 2 s**ts about the pro bowl. It is meaningless. And like you sad he is giving Nike too much control.

Plus players dont wanna play and risk injury, while Goodell doesnt care. He wants fans to be happy, and buy jersey's, etc....

Goodell is destroying the NFL single highhandedly. I hate him so much.
Anyone watching?
Nope working.
Hey serious question, is aj Jenkins starting in the pro bowl? Can't wait to see all the talent out there.
I've seen a little of it and pretty friggin' lame. Alex just got the "you were picked last cuz neither team wanted you, but you're the only guy left" treatment.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I've seen a little of it and pretty friggin' lame. Alex just got the "you were picked last cuz neither team wanted you, but you're the only guy left" treatment.

End it. The Pro Bowl is stupid. Nobody wants to play it anymore. And those that do play are going 1/3 speed and just try not to get hurt. There is no enthusiasm for this game anymore.
The only players who cared to play the problem were the ones who had to have a job in the off season just to make ends meet. It was a free trip and vacation to HI. Something they probably couldn't afford on their own.
if the players cared, the fans would care.


having it before the superbowl is stupid.


bring back the QB and Linemen competitions
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I've seen a little of it and pretty friggin' lame. Alex just got the "you were picked last cuz neither team wanted you, but you're the only guy left" treatment.

It was mandated that a QB would be picked last..part of the rules as I understand. I expected it from the get go.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,724
Eliminate the pro bowl.

In a few years, I predict they'll turn the Pro Bowl into something like MTV's Rock & Jock where they'll start inviting people like The Rock, Mark Whalberg, and Vin Diesel to come play flag football!
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Anyone watching?


Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
End it. The Pro Bowl is stupid. Nobody wants to play it anymore. And those that do play are going 1/3 speed and just try not to get hurt. There is no enthusiasm for this game anymore.


Only problem is there are enough Nielsen viewers watching it to keep this sham going...even though Pro Bowl tv ratings have dipped, it's still one of the most-watched sports programs, and one of the highest-rated broadcasts period. But the recent dip is why the NFL made it even more of a mockery with this ridiculius Rice/Sanders draft. Other than maybe seeing a play or two, can't even recall the last time I actually sat down to watch the Pro Bowl, must be at least 25 yrs ago.
I think the NFL should do do some sort of Skills Competition the night before the Pro Bowl or even instead of the Pro Bowl. Get the players interested and add some bragging rights. QB comp, 40 yard dashes, etc,... I would much rather see the top 6 QB's in head to head comp for accuracy, deep throw, quick reads. stuff like that.

I watch the home run derby and the dunk contest more than the All Star games.