There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Meechum is a Bust

Man, was I wrong on this guy. I had been hoping we'd have picked him up.

Super glad Trent is so on top of it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000221345/article/camp-buzz-meachem-wont-be-a-factor-for-chargers
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, I'm glad we didn't go after him either.
Yeah, must admit I held out hope for him for quite some time. High character prospect with the size and skills to be drafted where he was. Oh well... in my favored words of Billy Bob Thornton, "well, they can't all be winners, can they?"
I did like Meachem when he came out of college and with the Saints. But 14 catches last year
He has value on fly patterns and that's just about it. I'm skeptical on any receiver that comes out of the Saints offense. Sean Payton is one of the premier offensive minds in the NFL and Drew Brees is as elite as they come, anybody can look good in that situation.
Just another roleplayer that Brees made look better than he actually was, would have been a colossal bust on almost any other team IMO
He was overhyped coming out of the draft as well. He had never been anywhere near Bowe's talent
He was not really hyped coming out of college, he had an injury and hasn't been the same since.
Still better than most of our guys.

Would be more comfortable starting him than Moore/Lockette/Jacobs/Hall.

I hope they cut him.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Still better than most of our guys.

Would be more comfortable starting him than Moore/Lockette/Jacobs/Hall.

I hope they cut him.

Meh...have a feeling thatbBrees could make guys like Hall and Moore look solid as well.
Brees has lance Moore a special teamer return man looking studly with more than 90rec
Add me to the list...
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I did like Meachem when he came out of college and with the Saints. But 14 catches last year

14 more than AJ
  • IT21
lol Meechum
  • lyer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Brees has lance Moore a special teamer return man looking studly with more than 90rec

meechum isnt even on moore's level, tho. moore can actually run routes.