LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

49ers acquire Eric Wright, briefly

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Disp
  • Veteran
With his recent arrest history I can't imagine this is for anything more than a 6'th/7'th. Two arrests and busted for PED in 1 year. But no guaranteed money so definitely low risk/high reward.

Edit:
@AlbertBreer: Per source, Buccaneers were planning to cut Eric Wright had they not found a trade partner.
[ Edited by Disp on Jul 19, 2013 at 3:21 PM ]
This is a great move. I have a feeling we will be shifting a CB to Safety. Whitner won't be here next year.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
JennaLaineBucs @JennaLaineBucs
Not that anyone saw this trade coming, but since we're having 'hat debates:' Eric Wright's instagram 30 weeks ago pic.twitter.com/ZJuqGIzexJ 1:25 PM - 19 Jul 2013

Knowing Wright had a PED suspension you can bet Seac**k fans are even more stirred up by what they're probably calling "hypocrite Harbaugh." It's a good move though, more quality competition in the secondary. He does have a history with Mangini at Cleveland I believe.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Ballistic:
Originally posted by ilikecows699:
low risk. high reward plus he from san fran yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
PED's + DUI

lol "low risk"

Low risk...as in cost the team almost nothing and he can be cut costing them nothing.

Yeah...LOW RISK.
LOW RISK
I cannot wait for the season to start. Our preseason is gonna be a real proving ground to watch.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Wish the 9ers would trade for a NT or receiver rather than CB, I'm not a fan of Eric Wright after all his incidents....I hope Perrish Cox beats him out.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Wish the 9ers would trade for a NT or receiver rather than CB, I'm not a fan of Eric Wright after all his incidents....I hope Perrish Cox beats him out.
Don't see that happening at all. I think this put Rogers on a roster bubble.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Jul 19, 2013 at 3:28 PM ]
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Not that anyone saw this trade coming, but since we're having 'hat debates:' Eric Wright's instagram 30 weeks ago pic.twitter.com/ZJuqGIzexJ 1:25 PM - 19 Jul 2013

It's just swag

he's a thugg
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Don't see that happening at all. I think thins put Rogers on a roster bubble.

Yeah I read the same at Rotoworld about Rogers. But I also hope it doesn't put Rogers on the bubble, much rather have Rogers than Wright.....yes seriously.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Don't see that happening at all. I think this put Rogers on a roster bubble.

Think it puts every CB other than Culliver/Brown on the roster bubble. Now they have 2 guys with no guaranteed money (Awesome & Wright) scrapping it out for a job, Rogers knows his salary makes him vulnerable, and a few dudes in the last year of their contracts. Hopefully a couple of them really shine with the added pressure.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

Hmm. Seems to be sporting a lot of red.
bad pickup
Share 49ersWebzone