Not a member? Register Now!

49ers acquire Eric Wright, briefly

Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

lol. We totally derailed this topic with our GIFs. Oops
[ Edited by Imfasterthanur on Jul 19, 2013 at 3:00 PM ]
Originally posted by Ballistic:
Originally posted by ilikecows699:
low risk. high reward plus he from san fran yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
PED's + DUI

lol "low risk"

Low risk...as in cost the team almost nothing and he can be cut costing them nothing.

Yeah...LOW RISK.
low risk. high reward plus he from san fran yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
PED's + DUI

lol "low risk"

The contract is pretty low risk...
Originally posted by Marvin49:
PED's + DUI

lol "low risk"

Low risk...as in cost the team almost nothing and he can be cut costing them nothing.

Yeah...LOW RISK.

Beat me to it again Marv lol
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Jul 19, 2013 at 3:03 PM ]
Wright entered the NFL with Cleveland in 2007. Mangini became the Browns' coach in 2009. The 49ers previously signed veteran special-teams player Ray Ventrone, who also has ties to Mangini and Seely.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
from what i remember, wright carried a first-round talent grade but also had off-the-field negatives that pushed him down.
he performs pretty well in games but he drinks (to some extent) and i wonder what kind of guy he is in the locker room. don't want any cancers around--no matter how good they are.
  • KK49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mtminer:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4198/eric-wright

Arrested on suspicion of DUI on July 12. But we all know that it usually takes a year for charges/suspensions to go through.

so is he gonna play this year , or not?? i hope they didnt give up 5 rounder for him
Good signing.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Jul 19, 2013 at 3:09 PM ]
The city of Tampa is grimy. A lot of temptation to get into wrongdoing. Coming home to South bay might do him some good surrounded by the right influence on a winning team.
Did NOT see that coming, but to JH & Co. No downside to this. Two thing's for sure is that our pass defense is gonna be better this season, and there's going to be competition!! And if it is this defense is going to be murderous.

Originally posted by GEEK:
Now I have a feeling we must be converting someone to free safety.

CB: Rogers/Culliver/Brock
CB: Brown/Wright/Cox
FS: Asomugha/Reid
SS: Whitner/Dahl/Spillman
Really? I don't think so. With this surprise signing of Eric Wright I think this Rogers, and his $8 mil. cap hit, on a serious roster bubble. I really think Eric Reid is realistically a lock at the FS. I see the CB position as:

1. N. Asomugha/TBrown
2. T. Brown/N. Asomugha
3. E. Wright
4. Cully
5. M. Cooper
6. P. Cox

THE SEASON NEEDS TO START ALREADY!!!!!!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4ML:

lol. We totally derailed this topic with our GIFs. Oops

• KK49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xcfan:
from what i remember, wright carried a first-round talent grade but also had off-the-field negatives that pushed him down.
he performs pretty well in games but he drinks (to some extent) and i wonder what kind of guy he is in the locker room. don't want any cancers around--no matter how good they are.

I know he wont dare getting drunk with Brooks , that much I know
JennaLaineBucs @JennaLaineBucs

Not that anyone saw this trade coming, but since we're having 'hat debates:' Eric Wright's instagram 30 weeks ago pic.twitter.com/ZJuqGIzexJ

Originally posted by iLL49er:
makes perfect sense...competition

exactly the fact there is all these DB's now means no one is guaranteed a spot it's going to make all the db's work that much harder.
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
JennaLaineBucs @JennaLaineBucs
Not that anyone saw this trade coming, but since we're having 'hat debates:' Eric Wright's instagram 30 weeks ago pic.twitter.com/ZJuqGIzexJ 1:25 PM - 19 Jul 2013

Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home