There are 123 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers acquire Eric Wright, briefly

they'll regret picking this guy up

watch.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,280
I heard he was a good boy growing up in the Bay, then he left for college and became a bad boy... now, he returns home to be a good boy, again

It would be good if he turns out to be more beneficial for the Niners than D. Goldson is for the Buccs... quite ironic, their fans will be pissed deep inside
Originally posted by LVJay:
I heard he was a good boy growing up in the Bay, then he left for college and became a bad boy... now, he returns home to be a good boy, again

It would be good if he turns out to be more beneficial for the Niners than D. Goldson is for the Buccs... quite ironic, their fans will be pissed deep inside
you're comparing Dashon and this guy
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,280
Originally posted by Ballistic:
Originally posted by LVJay:
I heard he was a good boy growing up in the Bay, then he left for college and became a bad boy... now, he returns home to be a good boy, again

It would be good if he turns out to be more beneficial for the Niners than D. Goldson is for the Buccs... quite ironic, their fans will be pissed deep inside
you're comparing Dashon and this guy

Not comparing, just hoping that it happens... notice the (IF) in the sentence.

I can imagine it now... Wright (to many Buccs fans, etc) sucked. Dashon cost a lot. Niners get this dude for cheap. If this guy turns out to be more help to the Niners than Dashon is for Buccs (for whatever reason), Buccs fans will be livid
I though he was dead?
Originally posted by teylo31:
when your building a deep talented roster and the cream rises to the top you cut the lowest guy on the roster. if we stay in the cb area i think that brock doesnt make the team. i think all other cbs stay and they address the high contracts and age next year after being able to evaluate what they have now and will have after the draft and fa for the cb position. love the trade. says he only has a 1.5 mil against the cap and if it doesnt work out it doesnt work out. hopefully being home motivates him. i think when you have a good locker room and core of guys you can gamble every now and again on a talent with issues and either fix them and they contribute and make you better or you clean up the mess before it becomes a problem.

Agree. Nice post. Let the chips fall were they may after training camp.
I don't understand why some don't like the trade, yes he had his moments with the police BUT at the same time people was ok with picking up Janoris Jenkins, Honey badgers. Like some says.. It's a low risk move, there's no guarantee money and there's no guarantee he'll make the team. If they traded a 6th or 7th there's also no guarantee that player will make the team. My point is, he's Vet he knows that this might be his last chance so he either play great and change the way he is or not have a job at all.
Originally posted by Ballistic:
they'll regret picking this guy up

watch.

Everyone who posts these types of comments needs to GTFO.

No risk, and IF he proves he can make this roster then we can cut Rogers and extend Iupati, then Aldon and Kaep. Think big picture people
I like the trade. He's a talented player and this is a low risk high reward type of contract. All the Carlos Rogers bashing that's going along with this thread is pretty disgusting though. Rogers is still a very good player, but he got burned a bit in the slot last season so all of a sudden he's garbage according to the zone.
They are sending a message that the CBs need to step up and have added a ton of competition at the position.
Originally posted by ninergold:
They are sending a message that the CBs need to step up and have added a ton of competition at the position.

Im a big fan of that approach. It give us so many options... stick with what we had last year or swap pieces with hungry players trying to prove themselves with minimal risk. Im not gonna jump in on the Rogers bashing but its hard not to notice his salary this year. Another thing to consider is that he does great with the bigger receivers but the smaller Cruz-type players have had success against him.... and the division just added Harvin and Tavon Austin, thats an additional 4 games a year he will have to face those types of players that he has historically had trouble against.
[ Edited by 5280High on Jul 20, 2013 at 8:14 AM ]
Originally posted by NinerG94:
I like the trade. He's a talented player and this is a low risk high reward type of contract. All the Carlos Rogers bashing that's going along with this thread is pretty disgusting though. Rogers is still a very good player, but he got burned a bit in the slot last season so all of a sudden he's garbage according to the zone.


Originally posted by ninergold:
They are sending a message that the CBs need to step up and have added a ton of competition at the position.

Agree with you both and they have extra picks next year so no risk. If all CBs play to their top level during TC then trades could be in the offing. So they might have traded a low pick for a higher pick, or they will have stellar depth, or someone could be washed up, or...whatever...just more good team/player management!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,136
Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by UKNiners:
Seems to go with the mantra of acquiring high character guys

Who cares. Winning is most important.

Exactly. Remember the "High Character" movement we had under Nolan and Singletary? That worked out great, didn't it?

Because Nolan and Singletary knew how to handle young QB's right??
It's going to be one hell of a CB training camp competition.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by UKNiners:
Seems to go with the mantra of acquiring high character guys

Who cares. Winning is most important.

Exactly. Remember the "High Character" movement we had under Nolan and Singletary? That worked out great, didn't it?

Because Nolan and Singletary knew how to handle young QB's right??

How did that statement have anything to do with the one's you quoted? Nobody mentioned QB specifically. Gearing up for a Smith defense?