There are 163 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers acquire Eric Wright, briefly

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Love the fact we're creating more competition in the secondary, although it is still the weakest unit on the team.

I think next year we're going to see a radically different secondary. So many of our guys are in the last year of their deals, and Rogers might be gone as soon as this summer.

I'm thinking we go corner in the 1st round next off-season to pair with Culliver, as well as draft or sign Whitner's replacement.

IDK right now with all the experience qualified to start it may have surpassed wr for the moment because other then Boldin we have alot of unknowns in the wr corp.
And you thought we were done.
We just want our units to be has good as our LB's and OL
He is not Eric Wright's son. But, he is very fast. His best 40 time is a 4.32.
This doesn't make sense. The 9ers have always been known for not touching guys with character issues. This suggests one thing to me and that is we are desperate or at least not confident with the position. It could well be Harbaugh already saw in mini camp that we just weren't good enough at corner. It would make sense, Rogers is getting old and Asomugha probably didn't show much to counter his performance in Phili. On hindsight, perhaps we should have drafted a decent corner such as the likes of David Amerson.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
He is not Eric Wright's son. But, he is very fast. His best 40 time is a 4.32.

He was born the same year the original Eric Wright has his 2nd all pro and pro bowl season, also super bowl XIX was in 85 and Wright had a good game. Maybe its good juju
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
He is not Eric Wright's son. But, he is very fast. His best 40 time is a 4.32.

He was born the same year the original Eric Wright has his 2nd all pro and pro bowl season, also super bowl XIX was in 85 and Wright had a good game. Maybe its good juju

If he does half of what the original Eric Wright did for this team, we'll all be real happy.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
If he does half of what the original Eric Wright did for this team, we'll all be real happy.


What do you see our depth chart looking like now? Do you think Wright supplants Rogers as our nickel back now or what?
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Jul 19, 2013 at 10:18 PM ]
Our secondary is stacked for this year; now we just need 2 add another WR and we should be fine...
Originally posted by robniner:
And you thought we were done.

we're never done, my nigha.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
we're never done, my nigha.

LOL

Then there are those who are so "salary cap" concerned.
  • cools
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,319
Love this move, I wanted SF to draft him
Hope he grows out of his off the field problems

The original Eric Wright was one of my favorite niners ever, and one classy person, still is, and ive read he visits the Niners facility
I expect Harbs to arange for those two to meet up. wonder if Wright wares 21 cause of him?

I see this more of a move for down the road in 2014,
were not gonna pay Rogers 8 mil, who knows if Asomugha will be a factor, and Brown may get huge offers that the Niners wont match
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Love the fact we're creating more competition in the secondary, although it is still the weakest unit on the team.

I think next year we're going to see a radically different secondary. So many of our guys are in the last year of their deals, and Rogers might be gone as soon as this summer.

I'm thinking we go corner in the 1st round next off-season to pair with Culliver, as well as draft or sign Whitner's replacement.

IDK right now with all the experience qualified to start it may have surpassed wr for the moment because other then Boldin we have alot of unknowns in the wr corp.

It's true, but I have a lot of confidence in Kap. I think we'll be fine with him slinging the ball to our current core of WR's to go along with VD and McDonald.
I don't know if I like this trade. I followed Wright's career a little because I live in Vegas and he played at UNLV after having off the field issues at USC.Watching him I always felt he was a good talent but was a bad character guy. I don't think the Niners are gonna be able to change him but hopefully they can keep his off the field issues to a minimum.
when your building a deep talented roster and the cream rises to the top you cut the lowest guy on the roster. if we stay in the cb area i think that brock doesnt make the team. i think all other cbs stay and they address the high contracts and age next year after being able to evaluate what they have now and will have after the draft and fa for the cb position. love the trade. says he only has a 1.5 mil against the cap and if it doesnt work out it doesnt work out. hopefully being home motivates him. i think when you have a good locker room and core of guys you can gamble every now and again on a talent with issues and either fix them and they contribute and make you better or you clean up the mess before it becomes a problem.