1. He's not related to former 49ers CB Eric Wright
2. He was born in SF and went to high school here so maybe he is still a fan so the cap is no big deal. That or he was matching his shoes just like Kap was.
3. Most fans around the NFL say he is pretty bad. One Lions fan said he is solid slot corner but other than that watch out. I know some of us wanted him when he was a free agent before the 2012 season and thought he would be ok if we could get him on a bargain deal. Well Bucs paid him 5 years 37.5 million dollars and everyone except them knew it was a mistake at the time.
4. I doubt Rogers gets cut but we might even ask him to take a paycut before this year or threaten to cut him. For sure after this season he is gone if he doesn't take a big pay cut.
5. He will be 28 in a few days. Don't expect him to be part of our future. I could see at most this year and maybe 1 year after this if he does well this year. At this point it means Brown, Asomugha, Wright, Cox and Brock are all FA's after this year. Leaves only Culliver and Rogers who will likely get cut unless he takes a huge pay cut. Look for us go CB heavy early in the draft next year.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jul 19, 2013 at 7:14 PM ]