There are 149 users in the forums

49ers acquire Eric Wright, briefly

Shop 49ers game tickets
Meh trade, didn't expect a trade this late in the offseason though, but could pay off if he stays out of trouble cause he is a solid cb.
1. He's not related to former 49ers CB Eric Wright

2. He was born in SF and went to high school here so maybe he is still a fan so the cap is no big deal. That or he was matching his shoes just like Kap was.

3. Most fans around the NFL say he is pretty bad. One Lions fan said he is solid slot corner but other than that watch out. I know some of us wanted him when he was a free agent before the 2012 season and thought he would be ok if we could get him on a bargain deal. Well Bucs paid him 5 years 37.5 million dollars and everyone except them knew it was a mistake at the time.

4. I doubt Rogers gets cut but we might even ask him to take a paycut before this year or threaten to cut him. For sure after this season he is gone if he doesn't take a big pay cut.

5. He will be 28 in a few days. Don't expect him to be part of our future. I could see at most this year and maybe 1 year after this if he does well this year. At this point it means Brown, Asomugha, Wright, Cox and Brock are all FA's after this year. Leaves only Culliver and Rogers who will likely get cut unless he takes a huge pay cut. Look for us go CB heavy early in the draft next year.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jul 19, 2013 at 7:14 PM ]
  • JD81
  • Veteran
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/19/49ers-say-they-did-their-due-diligence-on-eric-wright/

NINERS DID THEIR HOMEWORK DUHHHHH
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Awesome play. Saw it live.....happened right before halftime.
Is Eric Cortez Wright related to Eric Andrew Wright?
Schiano is a hard***, it's his way or the highway. On face value there looks like there will be another move coming. Seems to be a no-lose situation.
Harbaugh gains an experienced, talented CB...never a bad thing. He knows the secondary needs a boost and Wright is a guy who can provide that. Brown's in the last yr of his contract. Rogers is 32. Asomugha's 32. Makes all the sense in the world to me, and obviously, Harbaugh and Baalke. Just another fine move to beef up the talent.
Wright will turn 28 on 24 July...
Originally posted by Gore_21:
1. He's not related to former 49ers CB Eric Wright

2. He was born in SF and went to high school here so maybe he is still a fan so the cap is no big deal. That or he was matching his shoes just like Kap was.

3. Most fans around the NFL say he is pretty bad. One Lions fan said he is solid slot corner but other than that watch out. I know some of us wanted him when he was a free agent before the 2012 season and thought he would be ok if we could get him on a bargain deal. Well Bucs paid him 5 years 37.5 million dollars and everyone except them knew it was a mistake at the time.

4. I doubt Rogers gets cut but we might even ask him to take a paycut before this year or threaten to cut him. For sure after this season he is gone if he doesn't take a big pay cut.

5. He will be 29 in a few days. Don't expect him to be part of our future. I could see at most this year and maybe 1 year after this if he does well this year. At this point it means Brown, Asomugha, Wright, Cox and Brock are all FA's after this year. Leaves only Culliver and Rogers who will likely get cut unless he takes a huge pay cut. Look for us go CB heavy early in the draft next year.

He'll be 28 in a few days, July 24. You never know what the team has in store for him long term or short...it really matters if he can perform at CB and keep out of trouble. I agree, we'll definitely go CB early in next year's draft and maybe a few of them.
This looks like another possible Carlos Rogers situation. -Mediocre guy who just didn't have proper coaching/wasn't put into the right system/right role to prosper properly. -Could be T. Brock's replacement it all goes well.

Sandouche made a point also mentioning his connections with Mangini, maybe Mangini knows something about how to use this guy that the Bucs didn't.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
too bad rose had to go. no way he was the least talented on the roster. should've dropped charlie martin or chuck jacobs--two guys with much less overall talent.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Don't like this trade, especially if he just had a recent DUI.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Don't like this trade, especially if he just had a recent DUI.

Aldon has a recent DUI. Should we get rid of him? People make mistakes. Get over it.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Aldon has a recent DUI. Should we get rid of him? People make mistakes. Get over it.

You don't even know what recent means. Aldon DUI was like 18 months ago.
Share 49ersWebzone