LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

My Super Bowl Matchup Prediction and Please Don't Laugh

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
We had two chances and blew it both times

falcons vs broncos

I'm not sure two missed opportunities means much. The Niners went to lots of championship and playoff games and lost, but came back to win championships. Besides, both the Falcons and the Broncos had chances last season and blew it, so why do you think they come back, but the Niners don't?

Its a different era of NFL. Its a tough thing to do, to make it to 3 straight championship games, let alone to the super bowl two times in a row. The only team to do it recently were the 03-04 Patriots. I mean i would be excited as anyone else if the Niners made it back, i hope they do. The Niners will be players as long as Jim is the HC, but i think they dont make it this year. But i also didnt think they would make it back last year, so hopefully they prove me wrong again.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Didn't PISSburgh lose the SB when Big Ben was a rookie and came back the next year to win the SB? Or did they lose in the AFC Championship game??

Lost the AFCCG against the Pats.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
49ers vs Steelers
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner
lol at all the Broncos predictions. If there is one thing you can count on with Big Brother Manning, its a big choke in the playoffs.

49ers/Colts superbowl.

49ers/Bengals were my last seasons prediction.

lol at the colts prediction. Luck is good but he doesn't have much in terms of weapons. Reggie is good but not great. TY Hilton? Vick Ballard? Fleener? Allen? ehh. Plus the colts D isn't that great. Did I mention Lucks completion percentage that was around 54 %? or the fact that he didn't show up to the playoff game? 1 int 1 fumble no tds and only 288 yards on 54 attempts, not very good.

Sorry for picking the OBVIOUS favorites. But they do have a proven QB who has been to the playoffs just about every year he has been in the league, went to 2 superbowls, won 1 and probably would've had more if he didn't have brady in the way. If manning was clutch he would be the GOAT hands down, but s**t he probably still is or is at least close to joe. Not to mention the broncos have a more potent offense and more talent on D.

I do get that people don't like picking the OBVIOUS team. So here's my sleeper team that could make a superbowl run. Buffalo. Manuel, Spiller and Johnson can do some damage on offense. I like their back end with bird and Gilmore and the Williams reeking havoc at the LOS. ( this is assuming that manuel takes over the starting job)

Buffalo has been peoples sleeper pick since the begining of time. Not gonna happen.

As far as the colts go, 11 wins as a rookie with nothing. They improved the roster and luck has a season under his belt. They are gonna suprise people this year. They will get a bye and have a real strong chance to get there in the IMO weakened AFC.

Manning is the Best regular season QB to ever play IMO, but he is also the biggest QB choke artist to ever play, especially considering his talent level. 1 SB is pathetic considering his talent level and how many times he has been in the post season. Hell the one year he won was the year his defense peaked at the right time and really it was the defense that carried them through that post season.

You like Manning, i get it, But your analysis of his playoff performances is a huge over exageration. And yes, manning has had 1000 yard RB's his entire career.

No we would not have won the superbowl with manning. we would have been one and done. Kaep balled out in the post season. Manning would not have been an upgrade.

We will find out who is more right in a few months, no need going back and fourth any more. I personally beleive Manning is the best regular season QB to ever play, but his playoff performances IMO leave alot to be desired, and i do beleive he is and should be held to a higher standard, and by those standards, yes, i consider him a playoff choke artist.

Let's not get away from what you said Idaho. You called him the biggest choke artist to ever play which isn't true. You also said 1 superbowl is pathetic for his talent level. How many qb's are around manning's talent level right now? I would say brees Rodgers brady are on his level with about 5 other qbs that are 1 step behind. Brees and Rodgers only have 1 superbowl each. Is that pathetic? No. There are probably more great qb's in the league than there has ever been. You can't knock manning for having won 1 superbowl in such a tough league. 1 superbowl alone is very tough, not pathetic as you put it. I bet if you asked any former or current NFL player they wouldn't say 1 superbowl is pathetic. Not for manning not for anyone..

Yes he's had some 1,000 yard backs but they weren't very good. Edge was overrated and Addai sucks. How many times did they go for 100 yards or more in the playoffs when it mattered? He also had a defense that was a couple notches below the teams that won 2 superbowls. (pats,giants,steelers)

Manning does choke don't get me wrong, but then you would have to say at least 10 other qbs were bigger choke artists than him. Young and Favre being 2 of them, yes young didn't have as many chances but he had a more talented roster, there's no denying that. You would also have to say that 1 superbowl for young and favre is pathetic as well. They had the same problem playing in a league that had so many talented qb's (Elway, Aikman, Young, Favre Ect..)

All I did was provide stats and facts. It's kind of hard to exaggerate stats and facts. As for manning, I wanted him to come to the 49ers when we had an opportunity but I've always said that I'd rather have brady on my team. I'm glad we didn't pick him up because kaep is going to be great, but there's no doubt in my mind that manning could've won us the superbowl. We have a better defense, running game and coaching staff than Denver does and don't forget Denver only lost by 3 points. The ravens were healthier when they played the broncos as well and manning would've gotten out to a hot start instead of a slow start like kaep. (not knocking kaep, you expect that from a young qb). Even if he did choke late, I'm confident that we would've been up by a wide enough margin that it wouldn't have mattered.

Speaking of brady... He has averaged less passing yards per game in his playoff career. Around 248 which is significantly less than manning, and has thrown for more interceptions (22) but no one talks about that.. Yes he also had more tds but played in a couple more games.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Harbowl 2.0
Colts vs 49ers.

You heard it hear first
lol at all the Broncos predictions. If there is one thing you can count on with Big Brother Manning, its a big choke in the playoffs.

49ers/Colts superbowl.

lol at the colts prediction. Luck is good but he doesn't have much in terms of weapons. Reggie is good but not great. TY Hilton? Vick Ballard? Fleener? Allen? ehh. Plus the colts D isn't that great. Did I mention Lucks completion percentage that was around 54 %? or the fact that he didn't show up to the playoff game? 1 int 1 fumble no tds and only 288 yards on 54 attempts, not very good.

Sorry for picking the OBVIOUS favorites. But they do have a proven QB who has been to the playoffs just about every year he has been in the league, went to 2 superbowls, won 1 and probably would've had more if he didn't have brady in the way. If manning was clutch he would be the GOAT hands down, but s**t he probably still is or is at least close to joe. Not to mention the broncos have a more potent offense and more talent on D.

I do get that people don't like picking the OBVIOUS team. So here's my sleeper team that could make a superbowl run. Buffalo. Manuel, Spiller and Johnson can do some damage on offense. I like their back end with bird and Gilmore and the Williams reeking havoc at the LOS. ( this is assuming that manuel takes over the starting job)

Buffalo has been peoples sleeper pick since the begining of time. Not gonna happen.

As far as the colts go, 11 wins as a rookie with nothing. They improved the roster and luck has a season under his belt. They are gonna suprise people this year. They will get a bye and have a real strong chance to get there in the IMO weakened AFC.

Manning is the Best regular season QB to ever play IMO, but he is also the biggest QB choke artist to ever play, especially considering his talent level. 1 SB is pathetic considering his talent level and how many times he has been in the post season. Hell the one year he won was the year his defense peaked at the right time and really it was the defense that carried them through that post season.

You like Manning, i get it, But your analysis of his playoff performances is a huge over exageration. And yes, manning has had 1000 yard RB's his entire career.

No we would not have won the superbowl with manning. we would have been one and done. Kaep balled out in the post season. Manning would not have been an upgrade.

We will find out who is more right in a few months, no need going back and fourth any more. I personally beleive Manning is the best regular season QB to ever play, but his playoff performances IMO leave alot to be desired, and i do beleive he is and should be held to a higher standard, and by those standards, yes, i consider him a playoff choke artist.

Let's not get away from what you said Idaho. You called him the biggest choke artist to ever play which isn't true. You also said 1 superbowl is pathetic for his talent level. How many qb's are around manning's talent level right now? I would say brees Rodgers brady are on his level with about 5 other qbs that are 1 step behind. Brees and Rodgers only have 1 superbowl each. Is that pathetic? No. There are probably more great qb's in the league than there has ever been. You can't knock manning for having won 1 superbowl in such a tough league. 1 superbowl alone is very tough, not pathetic as you put it. I bet if you asked any former or current NFL player they wouldn't say 1 superbowl is pathetic. Not for manning not for anyone..

Yes he's had some 1,000 yard backs but they weren't very good. Edge was overrated and Addai sucks. How many times did they go for 100 yards or more in the playoffs when it mattered? He also had a defense that was a couple notches below the teams that won 2 superbowls. (pats,giants,steelers)

Manning does choke don't get me wrong, but then you would have to say at least 10 other qbs were bigger choke artists than him. Young and Favre being 2 of them, yes young didn't have as many chances but he had a more talented roster, there's no denying that. You would also have to say that 1 superbowl for young and favre is pathetic as well. They had the same problem playing in a league that had so many talented qb's (Elway, Aikman, Young, Favre Ect..)

All I did was provide stats and facts. It's kind of hard to exaggerate stats and facts. As for manning, I wanted him to come to the 49ers when we had an opportunity but I've always said that I'd rather have brady on my team. I'm glad we didn't pick him up because kaep is going to be great, but there's no doubt in my mind that manning could've won us the superbowl. We have a better defense, running game and coaching staff than Denver does and don't forget Denver only lost by 3 points. The ravens were healthier when they played the broncos as well and manning would've gotten out to a hot start instead of a slow start like kaep. (not knocking kaep, you expect that from a young qb). Even if he did choke late, I'm confident that we would've been up by a wide enough margin that it wouldn't have mattered.

Speaking of brady... He has averaged less passing yards per game in his playoff career. Around 248 which is significantly less than manning, and has thrown for more interceptions (22) but no one talks about that.. Yes he also had more tds but played in a couple more games.

To the bold.

1. He is. It is.

2. Brees was not even considered a top ten QB before he went to the saints, and Rodgers isaint even at the peak of his career yet. And neither had the pedegree of Manning. Lets face it, Manning is, and should be held to a higher standard than any other QB that has played in his era. We are talking about a guy that has 4 MVP's, 12 pro bowls, comeback player of the year, 6 afc offensive player of the year awards. And 9x division champs.

3. list of 1000 yrd RB's Manning has had. And LOL at James being overrated.
1998- Faulk- 1319
1999- James- 1553
2000- James 1709
2001- Rhodes- 1104 (James also contributed 662)
2002- James- 989
2003- James- 1259
2004- James- 1548
2005- James 1506
2006- Addai- 1081 (Rhodes also had 642)
2007- Addai- 1072 (keith had 533)

Other years he had two back systems where backs combined for over 1000 and were also more used in the passing game. And also while yes he made them better, he also had Reggie Wayne, and Marvin Harrison. Several years in his carreer he had three 1000 yrd receivers.

4. Both Farve and Young were talented QB's Young more so, but yes, i consider both choke artists in the playoffs, and yes i consider them each having 1 SB as bad. Youngs career was cut short and started late, but he had very talented teams that were capable of winning the big game. Farve, with the exception of a few notable wins, was not great in the playoffs. Him and manning are tied for most losses by a QB in the playoffs ever...

5. You didnt state any facts that matter in the post season. You stated completion percentage, TD's, INTs' and QB rating, all which are considerably lower than his regular season #'s all while ignoring the stats i provided, which are 9-11, 8 one and done, and 21 INTs.

6. Wouldnt have gotten us passed ATL. And our defense was aweful all post season.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Colts vs 49ers.

You heard it hear first

nope. i made the prediction a couple pages back.
Chiefs v Rams

Haha. That would be weird.
Originally posted by RedAlice:
Chiefs v Rams

Haha. That would be weird.

You guys don't play KC in the regular season and therefore cant injure Alex like last year and guarantee the Chiefs make the Super Bowl

49ers vs Brazil

In the first ever Super World Stanley Series Cup Bowl Finals

49ers/Colts superbowl.

To the bold.

1. He is. It is.

2. Brees was not even considered a top ten QB before he went to the saints, and Rodgers isaint even at the peak of his career yet. And neither had the pedegree of Manning. Lets face it, Manning is, and should be held to a higher standard than any other QB that has played in his era. We are talking about a guy that has 4 MVP's, 12 pro bowls, comeback player of the year, 6 afc offensive player of the year awards. And 9x division champs.

3. list of 1000 yrd RB's Manning has had. And LOL at James being overrated.
1998- Faulk- 1319
1999- James- 1553
2000- James 1709
2001- Rhodes- 1104 (James also contributed 662)
2002- James- 989
2003- James- 1259
2004- James- 1548
2005- James 1506
2006- Addai- 1081 (Rhodes also had 642)
2007- Addai- 1072 (keith had 533)

Other years he had two back systems where backs combined for over 1000 and were also more used in the passing game. And also while yes he made them better, he also had Reggie Wayne, and Marvin Harrison. Several years in his carreer he had three 1000 yrd receivers.

4. Both Farve and Young were talented QB's Young more so, but yes, i consider both choke artists in the playoffs, and yes i consider them each having 1 SB as bad. Youngs career was cut short and started late, but he had very talented teams that were capable of winning the big game. Farve, with the exception of a few notable wins, was not great in the playoffs. Him and manning are tied for most losses by a QB in the playoffs ever...

5. You didnt state any facts that matter in the post season. You stated completion percentage, TD's, INTs' and QB rating, all which are considerably lower than his regular season #'s all while ignoring the stats i provided, which are 9-11, 8 one and done, and 21 INTs.

6. Wouldnt have gotten us passed ATL. And our defense was aweful all post season.

Edge is overrated.

You think getting 1 superbowl for a superstar player is pathetic and that's fine. You also think manning is the biggest choke artist of all time because he doesn't have more with an average team and that's fine too. I don't agree. Like I said Manning's postseason stats are right on par with brady who is the best comparison because that is his # 1 rival. Brady had better teams and won superbowls, and when he didn't have a great defense he lost superbowls.

I will ignore your stats as long as you ignore mine. 9-11 isn't great but football is a team sport and to put it all on manning isn't far. 21 interceptions isn't great but neither is 22 from brady. His drop in production is understandable considering the talnet level he played against. Not to mention brady's production in the playoffs is considerably worse as well. You can say he had great weapons but he really made those weapons look better than they were. Bottom line is he didn't have much help.

Brees was good with san diego, throwing for 3,000 + yards in 3 of his first 4 seasons as a starter and the 1 season he didn't eclipse that mark he only started 11 games. Def top 10 IMO.

He would've and our defense was not as bad as you are saying, they came back strong for the most part in every game they played in. They played really good considering the talent level of the competition and the fact that we had some stars playing injured. Would you consider the playoff win against NO a better defensive performance? I wouldn't cuz we got torched by brees...

You just called 3 of the greatest qbs to ever play choke artists and said manning was the worst of all time. I'm half and half . Did you forget that the bills went to 4 straight and lost? Did you forget all the qbs that never won a superbowl? Those statements were pretty ridiculous but I'm done arguing.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
We had two chances and blew it both times

falcons vs broncos

I'm not sure two missed opportunities means much. The Niners went to lots of championship and playoff games and lost, but came back to win championships. Besides, both the Falcons and the Broncos had chances last season and blew it, so why do you think they come back, but the Niners don't?

Its a different era of NFL. Its a tough thing to do, to make it to 3 straight championship games, let alone to the super bowl two times in a row. The only team to do it recently were the 03-04 Patriots. I mean i would be excited as anyone else if the Niners made it back, i hope they do. The Niners will be players as long as Jim is the HC, but i think they dont make it this year. But i also didnt think they would make it back last year, so hopefully they prove me wrong again.

Well, if anyone were to break that pattern, it would be this team. We're solid in areas that need to be solid (e.g., coaching, o-line, front-seven); let us hope.
I just don't see how Billicheat can overcome no Gronk , AHern, or Woodhead.

AFC Favs- Broncos, Texans, (Old ass )Steelers, (depleted no Deer Juice Ray ) Ravens

NFC Favs- Us , Steroidhawks, Packers, Tony G and the gay ATREYU CALL MY NAME Falcons.

we beat every team up there except for the Broncos and if you don't count Goodell whispering in ref ears, the ravens. Seahawks beat us once.

puns of fun.
49ers v. Doesn't make a difference.

I don't believe there are any elite teams in the AFC. If we somehow manage to win the NFCC then I think we win it all.
Share 49ersWebzone