Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

My Super Bowl Matchup Prediction and Please Don't Laugh

We had two chances and blew it both times

falcons vs broncos
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

falcons vs broncos

Falcons are a scary team for sure, and Stephen Jackson may put them over the top.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

falcons vs broncos

Falcons are a scary team for sure, and Stephen Jackson may put them over the top.

Meh

9ers vs Broncos
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
lol at all the Broncos predictions. If there is one thing you can count on with Big Brother Manning, its a big choke in the playoffs.

49ers/Colts superbowl.

49ers/Bengals were my last seasons prediction.

lol at the colts prediction. Luck is good but he doesn't have much in terms of weapons. Reggie is good but not great. TY Hilton? Vick Ballard? Fleener? Allen? ehh. Plus the colts D isn't that great. Did I mention Lucks completion percentage that was around 54 %? or the fact that he didn't show up to the playoff game? 1 int 1 fumble no tds and only 288 yards on 54 attempts, not very good.

Sorry for picking the OBVIOUS favorites. But they do have a proven QB who has been to the playoffs just about every year he has been in the league, went to 2 superbowls, won 1 and probably would've had more if he didn't have brady in the way. If manning was clutch he would be the GOAT hands down, but s**t he probably still is or is at least close to joe. Not to mention the broncos have a more potent offense and more talent on D.

I do get that people don't like picking the OBVIOUS team. So here's my sleeper team that could make a superbowl run. Buffalo. Manuel, Spiller and Johnson can do some damage on offense. I like their back end with bird and Gilmore and the Williams reeking havoc at the LOS. ( this is assuming that manuel takes over the starting job)

Buffalo has been peoples sleeper pick since the begining of time. Not gonna happen.

As far as the colts go, 11 wins as a rookie with nothing. They improved the roster and luck has a season under his belt. They are gonna suprise people this year. They will get a bye and have a real strong chance to get there in the IMO weakened AFC.

Manning is the Best regular season QB to ever play IMO, but he is also the biggest QB choke artist to ever play, especially considering his talent level. 1 SB is pathetic considering his talent level and how many times he has been in the post season. Hell the one year he won was the year his defense peaked at the right time and really it was the defense that carried them through that post season.

1 superbowl is pathetic? How many superbowls did dan marino win with his talent level? Really the biggest choke artist in a league that has tony homo? Brady's defense carried him through a couple superbowls. Same could be said about a buttload of qb's which is where the term "defenses win championships" came from. Eli dilfer and ben come to mind.

You make it sound like when your this super talented player, winning a superbowl is an easy feat. and that simply isn't true.

Bret favre only won 1 superbowl and Steve Young only won 1 superbowl as a starter. I would say their teams were more loaded than manning's. Not to mention Fouts or Kelly as well as countless others.

As far as buffalo I have personally never picked them as a sleeper until this year so I could give a s**t that everyone else does.

And what exactly did the colts do to dramatically improve their team? They won't get a bye. I see Denver, Houston, Ravens, Pats, Pitt, or Cincy getting a bye before Indy does.
You seem angry, not sure why.

Once again, the colts managed 11 wins last season. They addressed defensive needs for the most part, and their offense will have a second offseason to develop. The colts will suprise anyone that is expecting a drop off.

Manning is 9-11 in the post season, and 8 times he went one and done, an NFL record BTW. He is tied with Farve for most playoff loses by a QB in the history of the NFL Those numbers are not great. Hes horrible outdoors in the postseason and his last playoff win came in 2010 against the jets. Who threw the INT in the superbowl against the saints which was returned for 74 yards for a TD to seal the victory? He has thrown 21 interceptions in the post season. He has been less than solid in the playoffs, thats just facts.
You seem angry, not sure why.

Once again, the colts managed 11 wins last season. They addressed defensive needs for the most part, and their offense will have a second offseason to develop. The colts will suprise anyone that is expecting a drop off.

Manning is 9-11 in the post season, and 8 times he went one and done, an NFL record BTW. He is tied with Farve for most playoff loses by a QB in the history of the NFL Those numbers are not great. Hes horrible outdoors in the postseason and his last playoff win came in 2010 against the jets. Who threw the INT in the superbowl against the saints which was returned for 74 yards for a TD to seal the victory? He has thrown 21 interceptions in the post season. He has been less than solid in the playoffs, thats just facts.

I ain't mad at cha. You just don't know what your talking about here. He has been more than solid in the playoffs. You called possibly the greatest qb to play the game, the greatest choke artist of all time and I don't agree with that. You don't win multiple mvp's and get to 2 superbowls and win 1 being a choke artist. The teams that he has taken haven't been that good either. He has never had a great running game and has never has never had a great defense. Manning picks teams apart even though the colts offense was pretty 1 dimensional. You can say w/e you want about their regular season running game but their postseason running game has been terrible. Manning has had good weapons but he also makes them look better than they are.

Teams that have won multiple superbowls have had great defenses. The steelers back in the day had a great defense. No disputing that. The raiders and Packers had great defenses. The 49ers and Cowboys both had great defenses. I think the bronco's defenses were pretty darn good. I can't speak for the skins because I haven't watched enough of them. Lately the steelers ravens giants and patriots all had great defenses. Law, Harrison, Brusci, Vrabel, seau, aging but still had Wilfork and Seymour, or Woodley, Harrison/Porter, Troy, Foote/ Farrior, Hampton/Kiesel, or aging Reed, Suggs, aging Lewis, Ngata, and some pretty good others like pollard Johnson and Ellerbe. The giants D-line was ridiculous in their 2 superbowls so does that make tom brady a choke artist too?

Let's get to statistics in the playoffs

284 Y.P.G and 8 games with over 300 yards passing (postseason record)
35 total tds
21 picks
86 passer rating
61% completion percentage

He has been more than solid in the playoffs. Let's keep in mind his competition. He played the pats (twice), pitt, the chargers (twice) when merriman was juicing and LT was beasting, the saints where he threw for 330 yards and a td to go with his pick 6, the ravens, the titans, the jets (twice), and the dolphins. 5 of those teams went on the win the superbowl. He has 8 1 and dones because he gets to the playoffs with teams that aren't that great. This past year it was his 1st year with the broncos so that might explain why they didn't look as crisp in the playoff game.

The jets game your referring to he had 2 picks but they were off passes that hit his receivers in the hands along with 1 other int in one of his playoff losses. He also had at least 30 dropped passes. Here's the source I got it from http://captaincomeback.wordpress.com/2013/01/13/peyton-mannings-eight-one-and-done-nfl-playoffs-learn-what-you-are-criticizing/. He also led in the final :40 seconds of the 4th quarter 4 of those games, had 3 OT losses, and 2 games where his last possession ended on a missed field goal by his kicker.

I think he will have a solid running game because he calls the correct audible majority of the time to run the back through the correct gap and I believe he has the best defense he has ever had as well. I worry about the broncos. Miller, aging champ, I like the DT they picked up Sylvestor Williams correct? Rogers cromartie could be good, Wolf is a young stud, Phillips is a good situational passrusher. John Fox and Jack Del Rio will have that defense firing on all cylinders.

Let me ask you this.. Do you think the 49ers would've won the superbowl with peyton? I sure do. He would have still had great weapons, had a great running game and the best defense in the NFL (IMO).
I do expect the colts to make some noise and possibly get another playoff birth but nothing more. I read sometime ago after the draft that they might have anywhere from 9-11 new starters. That is a lot of turnover... I mean more than ginobli in the finals...

They picked up the most guys in free agency and these guys will have to pick up the system fast. I don't think their receivers got much stronger with heyward-bey, their tight ends don't wow me, and bradshaw won't take their backfield over the top. Luck should improve, but I don't think their defense made any great additions either, werner isn't an upgrade, landry's good not great, jean isn't that good...

We'll see what happens.
You like Manning, i get it, But your analysis of his playoff performances is a huge over exageration. And yes, manning has had 1000+yard RB's his entire career.

No we would not have won the superbowl with manning. we would have been one and done. Kaep balled out in the post season. Manning would not have been an upgrade.

We will find out who is more right in a few months, no need going back and fourth any more. I personally beleive Manning is the best regular season QB to ever play, but his playoff performances IMO leave alot to be desired, and i do beleive he is and should be held to a higher standard, and by those standards, yes, i consider him a playoff choke artist.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I think this season the two teams left standing will be the 49ers vs the Bengals Part III. This will be the Super Bowl

I like the bengals , but Dalton isn't at that level yet. He needs a great RB. Cin doesn't have that.

I think it'll be the Broncos vs either us or the steriodhawks.
[ Edited by TonyStarks on Jul 21, 2013 at 1:06 PM ]

falcons vs broncos

I'm not sure two missed opportunities means much. The Niners went to lots of championship and playoff games and lost, but came back to win championships. Besides, both the Falcons and the Broncos had chances last season and blew it, so why do you think they come back, but the Niners don't?
If we get back to the Super Bowl this year it does not matter who we play, they WILL go DOWN!

falcons vs broncos

Didn't PISSburgh lose the SB when Big Ben was a rookie and came back the next year to win the SB? Or did they lose in the AFC Championship game??
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Everyones who be anyones know da SB will be:

VS

way too funny

The first time a .500 team represents the AFC in the Super Bowl?

Doubt it.
Actually I guess we are chasing the 72 Dolphins... the only team to follow up a SB loss with a SB win.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home