There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

My Super Bowl Matchup Prediction and Please Don't Laugh

Niners-Broncos
@Ninerbuff

Was this prediction done before you realized that Brady has nobody to throw to this year?
lol at all the Broncos predictions. If there is one thing you can count on with Big Brother Manning, its a big choke in the playoffs.

49ers/Colts superbowl.

49ers/Bengals were my last seasons prediction.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Jul 18, 2013 at 10:24 PM ]
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
lol at all the Broncos predictions. If there is one thing you can count on with Big Brother Manning, its a big choke in the playoffs.

49ers/Colts superbowl.

2006 says hi.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

49ers/Colts superbowl.

2006 says hi.

Technically it was 2007 if you count when the bowl was played. And my statement stands.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
My Post on Seahawks.net

Posted by NinerBuff:
What Do I Expect This Year?

I expect the Niners to split the series with both the Seahawks and Rams... I think SF wins the division due to the significantly easier away schedule. I think there will also be a 'fair-well' tour for Candlestick that will come into play. I think Andrew Luck will win the MVP, mostly on being in a high-volume passing attack with a suspect defense, requiring him to pass consistently. But his team will be another year better. I think Dallas will have a breakout year and Tony Romo will actually be an MVP candidate. I think the Broncos will rely heavily on their defense and run attack with Monte Ball. I see Alex Smith getting KC to the last playoff spot, but getting ousted in the first round. I see a divisional game in SF between SEA and SF, which could be the last game ever in Candlestick, and just completely nuts...

NFC
Division Winners:
SF, GB, ATL, DAL
Wildcards:
SEA, WAS
Contenders:
STL, NO, NYG, CAR

AFC
Division Winners:
DEN, PIT, IND, NE
Wilcards:
HOU, KC
Contenders:
MIA, CIN, TEN, BAL

Wilcard Round:
SEA defeats DAL
ATL defeats WAS
IND defeats KC
NE defeats HOU

Divisional Round:
SF defeats SEA
GB defeats ATL
NE defeats DEN
IND defeats PIT

Conference Round:
SF defeats GB
NE defeats IND

Super Bowl:
SF defeats NE

Awards:
MVP: Andrew Luck (runners up: Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, RGIII, Tony Romo, Colin Kaepernick)
OPOY: Aaron Rodgers
DPOY: Von Miller
OROY: Monte Ball
DROY: Dion Jordan
Super Bowl MVP: Kaepernick

Denver is gonna smoke NE...if NE even makes it
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I think this season the two teams left standing will be the 49ers vs the Bengals Part III. This will be the Super Bowl

Come on! You all know the Raiders are the best team in the AFC!!!!!!
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
49ers vs ravens part II

I say this too. The Ravens lost old men and replaced them with younger players!
I don't know. I really don't think Flacco is that good. He had his moment. I believe that was the only one for him.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
@Ninerbuff

Was this prediction done before you realized that Brady has nobody to throw to this year?

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Denver is gonna smoke NE...if NE even makes it

I really don't think it matters who Brady throws to... they have an easy division that will allow them to get home field, and I believe that DEN is slightly overrated.
Originally posted by seahawkblueforever:
Seahawks beat Houston

Originally posted by Hitman49:
Originally posted by seahawkblueforever:
Seahawks beat Houston

Atlanta says "hello"

Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I think this season the two teams left standing will be the 49ers vs the Bengals Part III. This will be the Super Bowl

Yes I agree. And Taylor Mays will get revenge
Originally posted by NYVAGIANTSSUCK:
49ers vs Broncos. Bank on it.

This.

49ers/Colts superbowl.

lol at the colts prediction. Luck is good but he doesn't have much in terms of weapons. Reggie is good but not great. TY Hilton? Vick Ballard? Fleener? Allen? ehh. Plus the colts D isn't that great. Did I mention Lucks completion percentage that was around 54 %? or the fact that he didn't show up to the playoff game? 1 int 1 fumble no tds and only 288 yards on 54 attempts, not very good.

Sorry for picking the OBVIOUS favorites. But they do have a proven QB who has been to the playoffs just about every year he has been in the league, went to 2 superbowls, won 1 and probably would've had more if he didn't have brady in the way. If manning was clutch he would be the GOAT hands down, but s**t he probably still is or is at least close to joe. Not to mention the broncos have a more potent offense and more talent on D.

I do get that people don't like picking the OBVIOUS team. So here's my sleeper team that could make a superbowl run. Buffalo. Manuel, Spiller and Johnson can do some damage on offense. I like their back end with bird and Gilmore and the Williams reeking havoc at the LOS. ( this is assuming that manuel takes over the starting job)
[ Edited by JimDrinkAMiller on Jul 19, 2013 at 3:59 PM ]
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:

49ers/Colts superbowl.

lol at the colts prediction. Luck is good but he doesn't have much in terms of weapons. Reggie is good but not great. TY Hilton? Vick Ballard? Fleener? Allen? ehh. Plus the colts D isn't that great. Did I mention Lucks completion percentage that was around 54 %? or the fact that he didn't show up to the playoff game? 1 int 1 fumble no tds and only 288 yards on 54 attempts, not very good.

Sorry for picking the OBVIOUS favorites. But they do have a proven QB who has been to the playoffs just about every year he has been in the league, went to 2 superbowls, won 1 and probably would've had more if he didn't have brady in the way. If manning was clutch he would be the GOAT hands down, but s**t he probably still is or is at least close to joe. Not to mention the broncos have a more potent offense and more talent on D.

I do get that people don't like picking the OBVIOUS team. So here's my sleeper team that could make a superbowl run. Buffalo. Manuel, Spiller and Johnson can do some damage on offense. I like their back end with bird and Gilmore and the Williams reeking havoc at the LOS. ( this is assuming that manuel takes over the starting job)

Buffalo has been peoples sleeper pick since the begining of time. Not gonna happen.

As far as the colts go, 11 wins as a rookie with nothing. They improved the roster and luck has a season under his belt. They are gonna suprise people this year. They will get a bye and have a real strong chance to get there in the IMO weakened AFC.

Manning is the Best regular season QB to ever play IMO, but he is also the biggest QB choke artist to ever play, especially considering his talent level. 1 SB is pathetic considering his talent level and how many times he has been in the post season. Hell the one year he won was the year his defense peaked at the right time and really it was the defense that carried them through that post season.