LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

Trade in review: Jay Cutler to the Bears

Shop 49ers game tickets

Trade in review: Jay Cutler to the Bears

Cutler isn't good enough to justify all those picks.

But on the flip side, just about everyone Denver drafted with those picks was a bust.

So I'd say the Bears won.

But they shouldn't have.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Cutler isn't good enough to justify all those picks.

But on the flip side, just about everyone Denver drafted with those picks was a bust.

So I'd say the Bears won.

But they shouldn't have.

Yes, but there is no guarantee who the Bears would have drafted. I think Denver won then blew it.
The Bears won the trade because they got a franchise QB. Who did Denver get? The Broncos really messed up a good oppporunity.
The team that got the franchise QB wins. Cutler has a top five arm. The Bears dont block for him.
I'd rather be Denver than Chicago right now. I'm not saying Denver got the better of the deal but sometimes a step back allows you take 2 steps forward.
Granted, Denver didn't use them right, but I would rather have those picks in the draft than Cutler.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
The Bears won the trade because they got a franchise QB. Who did Denver get? The Broncos really messed up a good oppporunity.

How is Cutler regarded as a "franchise QB" ? His numbers are decent but not at all special over his career.

Maybe I just don't fully grasp the "franchise QB" label..
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Didn't Denver Draft Demaryius Thomas with one of those picks? I'd say that dude is far from a bust. That dude is a beast.
[ Edited by Muggins on Aug 3, 2013 at 2:07 PM ]
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
How is Cutler regarded as a "franchise QB" ? His numbers are decent but not at all special over his career.

A QB that you can build a team around to have at least a shot of going somewhere. He's definitely not in the elite category, but he's not average either.

A QB that you can build a team around to have at least a shot of going somewhere. He's definitely not in the elite category, but he's not average either.

Hmm, ok. Not really attacking your definition of a "franchise QB"... to each his own. Just seems like under that parameter, most QBs must be franchise QBs.

Hmm, ok. Not really attacking your definition of a "franchise QB"... to each his own. Just seems like under that parameter, most QBs must be franchise QBs.

He always struck me as a "Jeff George" type.
Hell of an arm, but sort of a dumbass jerk.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

He always struck me as a "Jeff George" type.
Hell of an arm, but sort of a dumbass jerk.

That really had me laughing out loud. But he's one of those guys where I wouldn't be shocked if he made a Super Bowl. Perhaps I shouldn't use the term franchise QB. But he is a guy that will have your team contending year in and out. I believe he's done that in Chicago when healthy.
Share 49ersWebzone