The Bears received:
1. Jay Cutler
2. 2009 5th round pick

The Broncos received:
1. Kyle Orton
2. 2009 1st round pick
3. 2009 3rd round pick
4. 2010 1st round pick

Was the trade worth it? Would you do the trade again?
Who did the Broncos select with the picks acquired?
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Who did the Broncos select with the picks acquired?

In 2010 the broncos got WR Thomas and Tebow in the 1st.

And in 2009 they got RB Moreno and DE Ayers in the 1st round.

Not sure which picks were from Chicago...
Bears made out very well.

If they don't fix their OLine pronto - it won't matter.

Talk about a crappy FO! Chicago thoroughly sucks and their ownership is equally as bad.
Cutler is not worth that price playing behind that O line. Get him some protection and maybe the deal looks better. Maybe.

Bronco's win for now.
Chicago got to the NFC Championship game with Cutler. Y'all are forgetting that.

I'd say both teams got something good from the trade.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Unless the player you are trading for is ELITE, it's very risky to trade a whole bunch of draft picks for a single player. Especially if you have talent gaps in your coaching staff, front office, and scouting departments.

In my opinion, no it was not worth it. You build around a QB and give him the best talent possible. Then, if he fails or plateaus, you find your QB of the future.
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Chicago got to the NFC Championship game with Cutler. Y'all are forgetting that.

I'd say both teams got something good from the trade.

And Rex Grossman took them to the SB.
I'd say yes to that trade again if I was the Broncos. Cutler is not an elite QB and he has a s**tty little attitude too.
Which team are we answering for?

I'd say it was even
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
In 2010 the broncos got WR Thomas and Tebow in the 1st.

And in 2009 they got RB Moreno and DE Ayers in the 1st round.

Not sure which picks were from Chicago...

Would you trade Tebow, Ayers (or Moreno) and a third rounder for Cutler? Especially if you didn't have a starting QB? I would.
Living in Bronco country, the majority of fans thought it was a good trade but that McDaniels squandered allot of those picks. Moreno was a bust, they also picked up Alphonso Smith who was a bust. They shipped brandon Marshall out of town too.
From a certain perspective this trade/picks worked out amazing for the Broncos. Tebow comes in and they get a playoff run. The football braintrust thinks he sucks at QB, and makes a trade for him, which allows them to bring in Manning, If one of those picks had been used on a "real" QB, they might not have brought in Manning for fear of disrupting a young QBs confidence/ego. Manning goes playoffs and is a blown play away from a superbowl appearance and then a loss to the Niners in the SB!

At the time, i thought Cutler to Marshall was one of, if not THE most productive duo in the NFL. It looked kinds dumb at the time.
Jamie Dukes on NFLN says Cutler is a 100M QB
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Jamie Dukes on NFLN says Cutler is a 100M QB

I think under Harbaugh he would be.

He's the opposite of Alex Smith in terms of risk/reward, with more arm talent. He just needs to fine tune that ratio a bit and you could go far with him.

If Flacco is a $100M QB (I don't agree with it), then Cutler is too. OL for Chicago has not been good for him.

They fix that, and with Trestman's help, Chicago could be legit. Maybe not NFC champion legit, but win the division at least like they did in 2010.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Jul 31, 2013 at 6:20 PM ]