LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

Top 5 NFL Receiving Corps

Shop 49ers game tickets
Do we make this list with Crabtree healthy? It includes Tight Ends so Vernon is a plus for us. I still think with a healthy Crab we still come up short on this one.

Top 5 Receiving Corps
Nah, I think they got it right. Now, ask this question at midseason, and I wouldn't be surprised to see us there: Anquan, Vance, Vernon, LMJ, and either AJ, or patton...you could add in Kyle, hunter, frank. When crbs is back, then it is time to recheck. Once again, having the top 5 receivers is of no use if the OC is not calling plays to everyone , if for no other reason just to keep them awake. We did it twice last yr as I recall, and then never again. It was crbs, crbs, and more crbs with a little bit of Vernon thrown in. Bad OC playcalling? Bet your boots it was. Roman has been great. Unfortunately just 2 out of every 3 weeks. Don't know why, but that is fact. It is also why I would really like to see roman run O in practice and Coach Harbaugh call the O plays in games. He doesn't seem to run hot and cold. Roman does.

As far as the peyton manning method of distributing the football, he routinely has 8 guys with catches. THAT is how you call an O.
I agree.... Even with a healthy Crabs, we do not make this list. I have got to wonder why Gonzalez is on the Falcons list, is he really playing another season??
[ Edited by mattster03 on Jul 10, 2013 at 12:43 PM ]
We could be up there with Crabtree, Boldin and Jenkins (James as a receiver, ala Sproles) and BOTH McDonald and Davis. We may even be able to add in a swiss-army-knife in Gray as well soon. In short, we have the potential to be top 5 even without Crabtree IF we utilize all the other weapons properly and a young guy opposite Boldin emerges (ala Lockette, Jenkins or Patton). All that said, we're still a predominant running team so most of these guys aren't going to be getting the fantasy stats the aforementioned do.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 10, 2013 at 2:11 PM ]
We need to know how Boldin will perform for our team. Also, we don't have a legit 3rd WR that we know of--manningham is coming off a serious injury and Jenkins is unproven. Also, our back up TE is a question mark as well. We have so many question marks on our core.
Originally posted by mattster03:
I agree.... Even with a healthy Crabs, we do not make this list. I have got to wonder why Gonzalez is on the Falcons list, is he really playing another season??

Ya, he decided to come back for one more shot at the ring
Originally posted by Fanatic24:
Originally posted by mattster03:

Ya, he decided to come back for one more shot at the ring

Probably one last effort for him and SJax.
I would have put that Falcons group at the top.

But, give Kaepernick a full season and the Niners could find their guys in that group next year.
Share 49ersWebzone