LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 136 users in the forums

How many current nfl qbs make it into the hof

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
FYI the only QB's to win 2 Superbowl's (only 9 other QB's have) and not be in the HOF is Jim Plunkett. So Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisberger are locks.
[ Edited by Jcool on Jul 7, 2013 at 12:18 PM ]
If everyone's career ended today, Brees, Brady, Peyton or 1st ballet HOF.

Eli and Ben get in, just not sure if 1st ballet.

Rodgers has some chance , but needs 1-2 more solid seasons IMO.
Rodgers will make it, he has widely been considered the best QB in the league since his SB win. He accuracy and TD/Int ratio is the best I've ever seen in my lifetime and he has done it with absolutely no running game ie: play action help.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Rodgers will make it, he has widely been considered the best QB in the league since his SB win. He accuracy and TD/Int ratio is the best I've ever seen in my lifetime and he has done it with absolutely no running game ie: play action help.

I don't think if his career ended today he gets in. Terrell Davis had 4 awesome seasons and can't get in, hard to see Rodgers get in with only 5 seasons.
Serious Question: Are there any eligible 2-time SB winning QB's not in the HOF? I can't think of one.

Personally, I don't see Ben or Eli as being HOF worthy, but that's just IMHO. Rodgers is infinitely more worthy (again, IMHO) than either one. Rodgers is and has been considered the best at his position. Not so for Ben or Eli.

Edit... OK, I see the answer to my question above has already been posted. That clears that up.
[ Edited by ghostrider on Jul 10, 2013 at 11:01 AM ]
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Serious Question: Are there any eligible 2-time SB winning QB's not in the HOF? I can't think of one.

Personally, I don't see Ben or Eli as being HOF worthy, but that's just IMHO. Rodgers is infinitely more worthy (again, IMHO) than either one. Rodgers is and has been considered the best at his position. Not so for Ben or Eli.

Edit... OK, I see the answer to my question above has already been posted. That clears that up.

It's tough for me. The league is definitely more pass oriented than it has ever been but does that mean we throw in 1/4 of the current qbs into the HOF? No. But when it's all said and done you can probably make a case for just about everyone mentioned above, and I didn't list Stafford who has already thrown for 5,000 yards and now has reggie bush to fill in for what jahvid best should've been to go along with calvin going forward.

My only 4 locks would be brees, peyton, brady and Rodgers. They are and have been the cream of the crop. Ben Eli and Flaco all had very very good defenses.
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:

It's tough for me. The league is definitely more pass oriented than it has ever been but does that mean we throw in 1/4 of the current qbs into the HOF? No. But when it's all said and done you can probably make a case for just about everyone mentioned above, and I didn't list Stafford who has already thrown for 5,000 yards and now has reggie bush to fill in for what jahvid best should've been to go along with calvin going forward.

My only 4 locks would be brees, peyton, brady and Rodgers. They are and have been the cream of the crop. Ben Eli and Flaco all had very very good defenses.

Ben and Eli are hard to judge, in their first SB win they didnt have as much of an impact as their defenses, but in each of their second SB win they put the team on their back and won it. Ben to Holmes and Eli to MM stick out in my mind. Itll be a tough choice when its time to vote, I just hope their fan bases dont sway peoples opinions.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:

Ben and Eli are hard to judge, in their first SB win they didnt have as much of an impact as their defenses, but in each of their second SB win they put the team on their back and won it. Ben to Holmes and Eli to MM stick out in my mind. Itll be a tough choice when its time to vote, I just hope their fan bases dont sway peoples opinions.

Ben also had some help from the refs in both superbowls, more so in the seattle superbowl than arizona.
Share 49ersWebzone