There are 293 users in the forums

How many current nfl qbs make it into the hof

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
I don't get why so many people are passing over flaco. Yeah he has had a pretty average career so far, but let's not forget that him and ryan are 28.

What flaco did in the playoffs and super bowl was nothing short of amazing. He has a spectacular performance against the best defense in the nfl on the biggest stage. You can point to our d being banged up, but if your going to do that then you have to also mention Baltimore's D being banged up too, which knocks the play of kaep.

Joe "Hail Mary" Flacco
Jim, with Flacco, you've got basically one post season of hotness. Everything else has been mediocre. For example, just compare him to Rodgers. Rodgers has a career QB rating of 104.9 compared to Flacco's 86.3. They've both been starters for the past five seasons - Rodgers 170 TD's, Flacco 102 TD's. Rodgers has a career completion percenage of 65.7 to Flacco's 60.5. Rodgers has passed for 5000 more yards over the last five years. Rodgers has ten fewer interceptions even though he has over 50 more TD's.
If you ever peruse seahawks.net
Russell Wilson is already a HOF player and will be a HOF coach after his plying days are over
Yes, the general consensus at Seahawks.net is clear: Russell Wilson is the Greatest Quarterback Of All Time!!! He'll clearly have his own wing.
I don't get why so many people are passing over flaco. Yeah he has had a pretty average career so far, but let's not forget that him and ryan are 28.

What flaco did in the playoffs and super bowl was nothing short of amazing. He has a spectacular performance against the best defense in the nfl on the biggest stage. You can point to our d being banged up, but if your going to do that then you have to also mention Baltimore's D being banged up too, which knocks the play of kaep.

No QB has entered the HOF w/a unibrow. FACT
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
Russell Wilson is already a HOF player and will be a HOF coach after his plying days are over

Lil' Willy will take over coaching from Cheatin' Pete, while still playing, and will handle color commentary for MNF. Will be elected into HOF as a player, coach and contributor (his amazong work on MNF) simultaneously, donning the coveted gold 3-piece suit. He will then disappear from sight, leaving the suit empty, becoming one with the Force of the 12th man. Of course, he still won't have a ring, except the one he got for marrying that tyrannasaurus rex.
[ Edited by WRATHman44 on Jul 5, 2013 at 2:32 PM ]
Tony Romo for sure
brees, rodgers, manning, and brady are all locks IMO.

bIg ben and eli are probables....not first ballot (still too early)
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for NinerFan408.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

Lil' Willy will take over coaching from Cheatin' Pete, while still playing, and will handle color commentary for MNF. Will be elected into HOF as a player, coach and contributor (his amazong work on MNF) simultaneously, donning the coveted gold 3-piece suit. He will then disappear from sight, leaving the suit empty, becoming one with the Force of the 12th man. Of course, he still won't have a ring, except the one he got for marrying that tyrannasaurus rex.

[ Edited by NinerFan408 on Jul 5, 2013 at 3:32 PM ]

No QB has entered the HOF w/a unibrow. FACT

tushay wrathman no no flaco...

Originally posted by GNielsen:
Jim, with Flacco, you've got basically one post season of hotness. Everything else has been mediocre. For example, just compare him to Rodgers. Rodgers has a career QB rating of 104.9 compared to Flacco's 86.3. They've both been starters for the past five seasons - Rodgers 170 TD's, Flacco 102 TD's. Rodgers has a career completion percenage of 65.7 to Flacco's 60.5. Rodgers has passed for 5000 more yards over the last five years. Rodgers has ten fewer interceptions even though he has over 50 more TD's.

I get that OG Nielsen, but Flaco still has a lot of play left in him. If his superbowl run performance carries on into next season and further than I don't see why he wouldn't be in the HOF. The same situation applied to eli, he was an average to above average qb before he won his first superbowl, got some confidence and ran with it. Now he is considered elite or close to it. He went on to probably be the most clutch qb in the league and won another superbowl.

I don't care for flaco and think he is way overpaid. But no one is really complaining about kaep, RG3, Wilson Ryan or Luck other than it being too early. I agree that it is too early, but I don't think we should disregard him. None of them have a superbowl ring. None of them had as spectacular of a postseason run as flaco did.

117 qb rating 1,140 yards 11 tds no picks. We're not talking about trent dilfer here. Since his rookie year he has thrown for over 3,000 yards and 20 tds each season. Not spectacular but pretty good.
a lot of peeps iffy on Eli? His stats are right up there plus isn't he a Two Time Super Bowl MVP?
Eli has a career rating of 82.7 btw and before he won his 2 superbowls he had very similar stats to flaco. He had 3 4 G seasons and 1 30 td season, which have all been later in his career. Big ben's career rating is 92 with 2 4,000 yards campaigns and 1 30 td season. Ryan's career rating is 90.9 with 2 4,000 yard seasons and 1 30 td year but with much better weapons.

I also think the ravens will transition to a more pass happy team. They lost a lot of pieces on defense and even though they still have ray rice, this is flaco's team. They signed him to a high money long term because they believe he is the guy.

He also hasn't had the talent at receiver IMO compared to big Ben (Wallace Brown Miller Hines Holmes) Eli (Cruz Hakeem Manningham) and Ryan (White Julio Tony) Boldin isn't all that great. He hasn't caught for more than 1,000 yards since joining the ravens with 3, 4 and 7 td seasons. Torrey smith hasn't cracked 1,000 yet and Pitta is WAAAY overrated. Ray rice is a phenomenal receiver for his position but that's it.
[ Edited by JimDrinkAMiller on Jul 5, 2013 at 9:46 PM ]

That's the one.
I say Brady, Peyton, Brees, Rodgers are pretty much for sure. Flacco will make it with at least 1 more SB ring. His play has stabilized and become more consistent. More than likely Eli (even if he looks like "derp!") and Ben. They've both won multiple SBs already. Ryan has a good chance with at least 5 more seasons like his play last year even if he never gets a ring. Just something about certain teams that should never win the SB - Atlanta, Seattle, Arizona, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Cincinatti, Detroit, Buffalo (already blew 4 chances) but I digress. All the other QBs suggested have too small a sample size. This seems rude but I hope RW develops a career-hampering set of injury problems so he has no chance.
Share 49ersWebzone