There are 222 users in the forums

How many current nfl qbs make it into the hof

Shop 49ers game tickets
I think we can all agree that brady and manning are locks but how about...

big ben
eli
brees
kaep
wilson
rg3
luck
flaco
ryan
rodgers

who do you think makes it?
[ Edited by JimDrinkAMiller on Jul 5, 2013 at 11:29 AM ]

Alex Smith

/thread
brees and rodgers. too early to tell on half that list
Kaep is a lock
Never mind. Didn't read.
[ Edited by PrisonOfGlass on Jul 5, 2013 at 9:12 AM ]
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees

These are all locks, in my opinion. Unless Rodgers falls off the face of the earth, which is highly unlikely. Brees has put up ridiculous numbers and would get in if he quit right now. Manning and Brady are givens. You can argue Ben and Eli might make it because of the two rings, but league MVPs and breaking passing records give Rodgers and Brees the edge over them. They could all make it, who knows.
I probably should take off kaep rg3 luck and wilson for now but a case can be made for them all besides ryan. I think with all the weapons ryan has, he will put up some ridiculous numbers. No way 8 qbs get in from the same time period IMO. I would say Eli brees and rodgers make it right now over flaco ben and ryan.
Flacco has no business getting in. Unless he somehow becomes GOOD, his one Super Bowl win isn't enough to get him into the Hall Of Fame. Dude is an average QB.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Flacco has no business getting in. Unless he somehow becomes GOOD, his one Super Bowl win isn't enough to get him into the Hall Of Fame. Dude is an average QB.

Yes. What is he even doing in this thread?
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Yes. What is he even doing in this thread?

He is average and overpaid but played phenomenal in the playoffs/superbowl and has a ring. That is the reason he is in this thread. He had less weapons than ryan and played better in the playoffs IMO

Locks:

Peyton, Brady, Brees

Most Likely:

Rodgers, Eli, Big Ben

Too Early, But All Signs Point Up:

Kaep, Wilson, Luck, RGIII

LOOONG Shots:

Romo, Flacco, Ryan, Rivers, Cutler
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
I think we can all agree that brady and manning are locks but how about...

big ben
eli
brees
kaep
wilson
rg3
luck
flaco
ryan
rodgers

who do you think makes it?

Big Ben goes in. He's better than Phil Simms and looking at it from his own franchise's perspective... with 1 more ring, put him on par or slightly above Terry Bradshaw.

Eli Manning is iffy for me. He's way too up and down for me to view him as a 1st ballot HOFer but he might be one of those guys that gets in far after his career is over like Dan Fouts.

Drew Brees will get in due to his productivity. He's like a Brett Favre in that sense. 1 Ring Wonder but a career of massive stats. He'll probably finish his career at #3 on the all-time passing yards list...that alone is enough, but he has a ring too. Bonus. 1st Ballot

Colin Kaepernick will need to have 10+ seasons of superb QB play, with 2-3 Rings mixed in. He definitely has a shot but it's far too early to tell. I want him to, obviously, and I think he has the tools to be a Randall Cunningham/John Elway Hybrid.... and I've never seen that before...so yeah...... ? Ballot

Russell Wilson for some intangible reason that I do not know at this moment, doesn't impress me as much as others in the football world, and I know this...but, I dunno man....I see him play well, and my eyes just don't pop out my head.... I know this is crazy but he just reminds me of Jeff Blake for some reason...Lol sorry. So it's a no for him.

RGIII doesn't appear to me like he'll last beyond 7 years of really hot QB play.... I understand that every QB is prone to some type of injury at some point in their career, but he just looks like a Michael Vick with a much better IQ.

Andrew Luck is an incredible QB... I've seen QBs like him before, but he is just one of those warriors that always comes out on top. A champ in the making. He actually reminds me of Steve Young in that sense. I love his potential.

Joe Flacco must have been a typo.... moving along..

Matt Ryan must have been a typo.... moving right along......

Aaron Rodgers needs 5 more dominant seasons OR 4 dominant seasons with 1 ring mixed in. He's an assassin. I love to hate him. 666th Ballot. Eff Aaron Rodgers lol
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
He is average and overpaid but played phenomenal in the playoffs/superbowl and has a ring. That is the reason he is in this thread. He had less weapons than ryan and played better in the playoffs IMO

His overall body of work has been meh and he is very lucky to have his ring. He doesn't belong in the conversation. One Super Bowl doesn't automatically put anybody in a Hall Of Fame discussion. If we had won, nobody would even consider adding Kaep to the mix just because of one Super Bowl win. If Kaep does what he's capable of, he might be discussed down the line, but a single Super Bowl win wouldn't automatically put him in the conversation. The same goes for Flacco.

A single ring combined with a highly productive career, yes. A single ring with a career full of mediocrity, no.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Jul 5, 2013 at 12:43 PM ]
Locks:
Peyton: regular season stats will be the best ever when he retires, has been to 2 superbowls and won 1
Brady: One of best postseanson QB's of all time (going to 5 and winning 3 SB's equals a lock)
Brees: First QB ever to average 5'000 yards passing in a 5 year period, holds several singels season records and most consecutive games throwing a TD (won 1 SB)

Shoe in's:
Big Ben: every Qb ever with 2 SB wins has gotten in (he's been to a third as well)
Eli Manning: see Rothelesberger reasoning also gets a boost from last name recognition.

Probable:
Rodgers: He has what most consider the best year for a QB ever to his record and a SB ring. His trajectory looks very promising but still a little early to be shoe in or a lock

Not likely:
Flacco and Ryan: would both have to win at least 2 SB's ( for this reason I put flacco slightly ahead of Ryan even though I believe Ryan to be the more consistant QB.)
Romo: falls in this category as well

Personal opinion: the rest worth mentioning are just to young to know for sure but my personal guess is:
Andrew Luck: I think he is gong to be around for a long time in this league and at some point be sonsidered the best in the game.
Kaepernick: Im hoping he is strong and sturdy enough to do the same as luck but win like 4 SB for the Niner's ( I would settle for anywhere between 1 and 3)

Not getting in (personal opinion)
RG3 and R. Wilson: I think they both obviously have the ability but I wory about both of them getting hurt to much. of the 2 though I think Wilson is morelikely to have a long established career than RG3. I veiw RG3 as a more accurate vick which is to say one of the best skill sets of all time but will rarely make it through an entire season without getting hurt. So I think Wilson is more likely a HOFer of the 2 but i have the same worries about him.
I don't get why so many people are passing over flaco. Yeah he has had a pretty average career so far, but let's not forget that him and ryan are 28.

What flaco did in the playoffs and super bowl was nothing short of amazing. He has a spectacular performance against the best defense in the nfl on the biggest stage. You can point to our d being banged up, but if your going to do that then you have to also mention Baltimore's D being banged up too, which knocks the play of kaep.
Share 49ersWebzone