LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

*THE MIKE NOLAN THREAD*

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
return of the king
Originally posted by NickSh49:
The Nolan-era was such a strange & interesting time.

It's a weird feeling to root for a team you think is improving, but is really just running in place.

The talent improved but the product on the field was still s**t
Originally posted by luv49rs:
return of the king

Hail, king of the Jude's!
Drafting as high as the 49ers were in those days, even a monkey could draft a few good players. Nolan had no clue how to manage a game.... None.
[ Edited by DaveWilcox on Jun 29, 2013 at 8:28 PM ]
He had no idea what to do with the offensive side of the ball. My main gripe with Nolan was how he treated Alex after his shoulder injury. Nolan's staff had him lifting days after the injury. I'm no doctor but I've had shoulder problems and the last thing you do is lift weights. Nolan was going down and he puts Alex under the bus. If he had put as much energy into offensive understanding as wearing a suit on the sidelines he may have had success.
His weekly press conferences were gibberish.
So glad I didn't wear a suit to that season opener against Arizona ...lol
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I know Coach Suit liked PowerPoint.
During a timeout during the NBA playoffs the Miami coach was miked and he told his team to "Stay The Course". A phrase Nolan would use over and over again.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
During a timeout during the NBA playoffs the Miami coach was miked and he told his team to "Stay The Course". A phrase Nolan would use over and over again.

Collectively

He laid the foundation... All the bullish!t aside, the identity of this team began to form from Nolan's mistakes.

Singletary created Davis and Willis. His mistakes cemented the foundation. Took the hardnosed identity and instilled it in our defense.

Thanks, I'm glad they're gone, but thanks. They both had me fooled, but I'm glad it's over.
Originally posted by luv49rs:
return of the king

Vive la republique!
Originally posted by mkmasn:
He laid the foundation... All the bullish!t aside, the identity of this team began to form from Nolan's mistakes.

Singletary created Davis and Willis. His mistakes cemented the foundation. Took the hardnosed identity and instilled it in our defense.

Thanks, I'm glad they're gone, but thanks. They both had me fooled, but I'm glad it's over.

Well said
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
the course nolan laid though went straight into a hurricane
made some good decisions, just drafted a s**tty QB in alex smith was his downfall.
Share 49ersWebzone