There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

28 NFL Players arrested since the SB - What's wrong with the NFL?

There have been 28 NFL players arrested in the last few months since the Super Bowl. It may be up to 29 now with the arrest of this Browns player for attacking a guy outside a club. This seems pretty strange to me. What the heck is going on with the NFL?
They're killers on and off the field
s**t happens
Thank You Roger Goodell
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
s**t happens

Yes, but it's happening at much great rates these days with NFL athletes. I don't remember ever seeing anything close to this amount of illegal activity with NFL players. In fact, they have typically been good solid citizens and very disciplined athletes because the game is so demanding. There have always been the stray bad apples and they've gotten a lot of press, but most of the time, NFL players have been more like Boy Scouts.
Here is what I said in the Hernandez thread:

Might be time for NFL to start cracking down. 3 Strikes and your banned from the league or something like that. Every offseason gets worse... loaded with dui's, spousal abuse, club incidents, performance enhancing drugs, etc. Paul Tagliabue pretty much just left the game alone and didn't suspend anybody. There are many things I don't like about Goodell but at least he's cracked down on players. Think he should take it up a notch. These guys don't realize the NFL will go on without them. They aren't as valuable as they think. If I was someone from the past who made little money and sacrificed my body to make the game what it is today I would be sick at how a lot of these players act and how much they make.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jun 27, 2013 at 12:08 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Might be time for NFL to start cracking down. 3 Strikes and your out or something like that. Every offseason gets worse... loaded with dui's, spousal abuse, performance enhancing drugs, etc. Paul Tagliabue pretty much just left the game alone and didn't suspend anybody. There are many things I don't like about Goodell but at least he's cracked down on players. Think he should take it up a notch. These guys don't realize the NFL will go on without them. They aren't as valuable as they think. If I was someone from the past who made little money and sacrificed my body to make the game what it is today I would be sick at how a lot of these players act and how much they make.

[ Edited by Imfasterthanur on Jun 27, 2013 at 1:02 PM ]
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Might be time for NFL to start cracking down. 3 Strikes and your out or something like that. Every offseason gets worse... loaded with dui's, spousal abuse, performance enhancing drugs, etc. Paul Tagliabue pretty much just left the game alone and didn't suspend anybody. There are many things I don't like about Goodell but at least he's cracked down on players. Think he should take it up a notch. These guys don't realize the NFL will go on without them. They aren't as valuable as they think. If I was someone from the past who made little money and sacrificed my body to make the game what it is today I would be sick at how a lot of these players act and how much they make.

Another question is: Is the rate for crime in the NFL actually higher? Or is information simply more accesible nowadays/less hush-hush?

I'm curious to know if anyone keeps this type of data.
Originally posted by DRnSFw:

For someone potentially facing life in prison, he sure looks like Kobe Bryant in the 4th quarter: Cool as ice.
They were talking about this on tv yesterday, and even though it's been about 28 people it still only makes up 1% of the league
Originally posted by 228niner:
They were talking about this on tv yesterday, and even though it's been about 28 people it still only makes up 1% of the league

Yeah, I have to agree. You have to put that number in perspective. It's a small amount in comparison to the entire NFL. Although that number shoots up a little higher when you only count players.

In regards to Hernandez, regardless if he's guilty or not, the guy appears to have zero remorse whatsoever. I find that interesting considering his friend just died.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I think that with the new labor agreement, players have more time off in the off-season. Idle hands are the Devil's workshop.
  • mod
  • Veteran
1% of NFL players haven been arrested

national average is 0.6%

thats not that bad considering the history these dudes have or where they came from