LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 309 users in the forums

Good podcast from OTCs Jason Fitzgerald

Shop 49ers game tickets
Around 1:15:00 ish starts 49ers.

http://www.primesportsnetwork.com/pc/pff62113.mp3

I am in the works to hopefully do a podcast soon with PFF.
Couple points.

Host says cut whitner to save room and play Dahl, even though he isnt the best S.

Jason said Vernon could be a cap cut which I disagree with Rogers is more likely.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Couple points.

Host says cut whitner to save room and play Dahl, even though he isnt the best S.

Jason said Vernon could be a cap cut which I disagree with Rogers is more likely.

lolwut
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Couple points.

lolwut

this
Originally posted by 9erStorm:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Couple points.

lolwut

this

let's cut frank gore and justin smith that would save a lot of money too
Let's cut this thread and save a lot of pain.
Jason and the Argonauts could do a better ob.
Couple points.

Lost credibility right there.

I don't know of any team that would cut their most consistent playmaker in the prime of his career just to save cap space. We have plenty of high priced guys that are nearing the ends of their careers (Gore, J. Smith, Rogers) or no longer effective (Whitner). Those are the guys you look to for cap savings. Not our best offensive playmaker.
Yes, let's cut a pro bowl S to play a guy the Rams weren't sorry to see leave so we can clear up some cap space we don't need.
Couple points.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I thought you said this was a good podcast.

That was a s**tty podcast
Must be a hawks fan.
Jason is pretty good with the cap and player contracts in general along with the teams he has a great deal of knowledge about (mostly the AFC East since he runs a Jets site too). He doesn't seem too familiar with the 49ers cap situation however. I have seen him mention an extension for Whitner before when his deal is up after this year and I'd bet anything Whitner is not back next year. I also suggested potential cuts to him after the 2013 season and it sounded like he hadn't thought of Rogers as a potential cut (and I think Rogers is the #1 candidate to be a salary cap cut after this season). Anyway, the guy has a great grasp of the cap and contracts so don't discount his input at all.
Originally posted by EezyNiner:
Jason is pretty good with the cap and player contracts in general along with the teams he has a great deal of knowledge about (mostly the AFC East since he runs a Jets site too). He doesn't seem too familiar with the 49ers cap situation however. I have seen him mention an extension for Whitner before when his deal is up after this year and I'd bet anything Whitner is not back next year. I also suggested potential cuts to him after the 2013 season and it sounded like he hadn't thought of Rogers as a potential cut (and I think Rogers is the #1 candidate to be a salary cap cut after this season). Anyway, the guy has a great grasp of the cap and contracts so don't discount his input at all.

Yeah, he isnt too familiar with our situation. But he is good overall, and much better and reliable than Spotrac.
Looks like Jason was wrong on Cruz leaving, looks like they can keep Cruz and Nicks.
Share 49ersWebzone