There are 64 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFL Top 100 Top 10

Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Thank God for Justin Smith (who I think should be top ten). I really have an opinion on this and its tough for me to put him in MY top ten. Sorry.

I would put Aldon 3 knotches above Von Miller in any category if that matters.

Die hard 9er fan here who loves Aldon and hopes Aldon becomes the unargued #1 defender in the game.
Thankyou good sir.


You have neither Aldon Smith or Von Miller, correct?

If that is true, who is in your top 10, I am curious.

Ok!

Rodgers
Manning
Peterson
Watt
C. Johnson
Brady
Watt
J. Smith
Willis
Fitzgerald

...11. J. Charles, Revis, Ware, A. Johnson, Foster,

16. Aldon Smith
It just absolutely boggles my mind that Crabtree, likely the 2nd best WR in football since around Halloween, could be left off the list entirely.
this list is a sham, and voting clearly happens after the playoffs, or at least some of it does. There's no way so many ravens players would be ranked so high if it didn't. There are a lot of good players left off the list, and there are some that are clearly overrated.

The only thing the nfl top 100 should be praised for is putting together halfway decent highlight videos.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,579
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Ok!

Rodgers
Manning
Peterson
Watt
C. Johnson
Brady
Watt
J. Smith
Willis
Fitzgerald

...11. J. Charles, Revis, Ware, A. Johnson, Foster,

16. Aldon Smith

The list is for their play last year.

You have Watt listed twice---4th and 7th.

10. Fitzgerald was 21st in receptions and only had 778 yards receiving last year.

11. J. Charles was 4th in rushing

12. Revis only played in two games last year.

13. Ware was tied with 5 other plays for 9th in sacks with 11.5 and had 56 tackles.

14. Andre Johnson was 2nd in receiving yards with 1598. ( should be higher on the list )

15. Foster was 6th in rushing last year.

16. 16. Aldon Smith was 2nd in sacks with 19.5 and he had 66 tackles.


Aldon Smith should be higher on your list in my opinion
[ Edited by buck on Jun 23, 2013 at 3:53 PM ]
Originally posted by kap2crab:
It just absolutely boggles my mind that Crabtree, likely the 2nd best WR in football since around Halloween, could be left off the list entirely.

oh please.. stop it..
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Ok!

Rodgers
Manning
Peterson
Watt
C. Johnson
Brady
Watt
J. Smith
Willis
Fitzgerald

...11. J. Charles, Revis, Ware, A. Johnson, Foster,

16. Aldon Smith

The list is for their play last year.

You have Watt listed twice---4th and 7th.

10. Fitzgerald was 21st in receptions and only had 778 yards receiving last year.

11. J. Charles was 4th in rushing

12. Revis only played in two games last year.

13. Ware was tied with 5 other plays for 9th in sacks with 11.5 and had 56 tackles.

14. Andre Johnson was 2nd in receiving yards with 1598. ( should be higher on the list )

15. Foster was 6th in rushing last year.

16. 16. Aldon Smith was 2nd in sacks with 19.5 and he had 66 tackles.


Aldon Smith should be higher on your list in my opinion

I just got done watching braingames, but wow, didn't even see Watt twice! Yikes.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
The 9 guys below are 100% on the list. That leaves only 1 spot, and I rank the likelihood of the players that could fill it.

  1. Brady
  2. JJ Watt
  3. Arian Foster
  4. Von Miller
  5. Calvin Johnson
  6. P. Manning
  7. Aaron Rogers
  8. Adrian Peterson
  9. Patrick Willis
Who is left?

  1. Aldon Smith - the stats are simply too good to be left off the list entirely
  2. Ray Lewis - since he won the superbowl, and this is a popularity contest, there's a good chance he'll get the spot, even though he doesn't deserve it at this point in his career
  3. Jimmy Graham - He didn't have a top 10 year, but it's hard to believe he didn't make the list at all. It would seem to me that he has to be somewhere on the list
  4. Weddle - unlikely, but he IS the best safety in the NFL today
  5. Marshall Yanda - unlikely, but he IS the best guard in the NFL today
  6. Calias Campbell - underrated player. Not a ton separating Campbell and Watt, IMO.
  7. Matt Forte - very unlikely, but should at least be in consideration for the top 100

They've already confirmed Jimmy Graham is not on the list. We have nine players on the list, and seven have already been named.

Didn't realize that. Thanks. Guess in that case it is Aldon.... or Andy Lee :)

That means Yanda, Campbell and Weddle got seriously screwed out of this list. Jimmy Graham missing the list is odd too
Originally posted by pdizo916:
This is a little off topic but my raider fan friend said that there's no 49ers belonging in the top 100 players. According to him, the 49ers are overrated and overexposed.

I know it's wrong of me, but every time I see a raider fan in public I automatically assume he is a blithering idiot.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
The 9 guys below are 100% on the list. That leaves only 1 spot, and I rank the likelihood of the players that could fill it.

  1. Brady
  2. JJ Watt
  3. Arian Foster
  4. Von Miller
  5. Calvin Johnson
  6. P. Manning
  7. Aaron Rogers
  8. Adrian Peterson
  9. Patrick Willis
Who is left?

  1. Aldon Smith - the stats are simply too good to be left off the list entirely
  2. Ray Lewis - since he won the superbowl, and this is a popularity contest, there's a good chance he'll get the spot, even though he doesn't deserve it at this point in his career
  3. Jimmy Graham - He didn't have a top 10 year, but it's hard to believe he didn't make the list at all. It would seem to me that he has to be somewhere on the list
  4. Weddle - unlikely, but he IS the best safety in the NFL today
  5. Marshall Yanda - unlikely, but he IS the best guard in the NFL today
  6. Calias Campbell - underrated player. Not a ton separating Campbell and Watt, IMO.
  7. Matt Forte - very unlikely, but should at least be in consideration for the top 100
After the 40-31 episode aired, on the show they do about peoples' reactions afterward, the chick said there were 3 Niners left on the list. Justin Smith came up the next week, which leaves 2 more. It's obviously Willis and Aldon.

BTW, Ray Lewis isn't even eligible to be on the list because he retired. This is the top 100 players of 2013, not 2012.
Originally posted by kap2crab:
It just absolutely boggles my mind that Crabtree, likely the 2nd best WR in football since around Halloween, could be left off the list entirely.

If Reggie Wayne was #21, how was Crabtree left off the Top 100 entirely? Just look at the stats. Reggie Wayne has marginally better statistics and about half the TD's as Crabtree.

Rec Yards YpR TD's
Reggie Wayne
106 1355 12.8 5
Michael Crabtree
85 1105 13.0 9



Also, RG3 is not 60 spots better than Kaepernick.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
The 9 guys below are 100% on the list. That leaves only 1 spot, and I rank the likelihood of the players that could fill it.

  1. Brady
  2. JJ Watt
  3. Arian Foster
  4. Von Miller
  5. Calvin Johnson
  6. P. Manning
  7. Aaron Rogers
  8. Adrian Peterson
  9. Patrick Willis
Who is left?

  1. Aldon Smith - the stats are simply too good to be left off the list entirely
  2. Ray Lewis - since he won the superbowl, and this is a popularity contest, there's a good chance he'll get the spot, even though he doesn't deserve it at this point in his career
  3. Jimmy Graham - He didn't have a top 10 year, but it's hard to believe he didn't make the list at all. It would seem to me that he has to be somewhere on the list
  4. Weddle - unlikely, but he IS the best safety in the NFL today
  5. Marshall Yanda - unlikely, but he IS the best guard in the NFL today
  6. Calias Campbell - underrated player. Not a ton separating Campbell and Watt, IMO.
  7. Matt Forte - very unlikely, but should at least be in consideration for the top 100

They've already confirmed Jimmy Graham is not on the list. We have nine players on the list, and seven have already been named.



Iupati is the best guard in the NFL today.
Watt was the 2nd best player in the NFL last year, ya I said it.
Arian Foster? WTF!
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
The 9 guys below are 100% on the list. That leaves only 1 spot, and I rank the likelihood of the players that could fill it.

  1. Brady
  2. JJ Watt
  3. Arian Foster
  4. Von Miller
  5. Calvin Johnson
  6. P. Manning
  7. Aaron Rogers
  8. Adrian Peterson
  9. Patrick Willis
Who is left?

  1. Aldon Smith - the stats are simply too good to be left off the list entirely
  2. Ray Lewis - since he won the superbowl, and this is a popularity contest, there's a good chance he'll get the spot, even though he doesn't deserve it at this point in his career
  3. Jimmy Graham - He didn't have a top 10 year, but it's hard to believe he didn't make the list at all. It would seem to me that he has to be somewhere on the list
  4. Weddle - unlikely, but he IS the best safety in the NFL today
  5. Marshall Yanda - unlikely, but he IS the best guard in the NFL today
  6. Calias Campbell - underrated player. Not a ton separating Campbell and Watt, IMO.
  7. Matt Forte - very unlikely, but should at least be in consideration for the top 100

They've already confirmed Jimmy Graham is not on the list. We have nine players on the list, and seven have already been named.



Iupati is the best guard in the NFL today.

He's very good. Yanda is better. Heck, Iupati may not be the best Guard on his own team!
Originally posted by Psinex:
If Reggie Wayne was #21, how was Crabtree left off the Top 100 entirely? Just look at the stats. Reggie Wayne has marginally better statistics and about half the TD's as Crabtree.

Rec Yards YpR TD's
Reggie Wayne
106 1355 12.8 5
Michael Crabtree
85 1105 13.0 9



Also, RG3 is not 60 spots better than Kaepernick.


Actually 66 but who's counting. I can stomach RW 30 places higher than Kap if you consider he was a 3rd rounder who started the whole season and was nearly in the NFCC game, but the difference between Kap & RG3 on the list is completely asinine. I guess a lot of these players who vote will change their tune when they actually play the Niners.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home