There are 55 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFL Top 100 Top 10

Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
IMO they need to do the voting after the Superbowl
IMO 49ERS NEED TO WIN THE DAMN SUPERBOWL!!

Preach on brotha
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,475
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
The fact that Jimmy Graham was overlooked makes this list a sham. Dont get me wrong, I love Aldon Smith, but he in no way is Top 10 in the league. Maybe top 20 or 30.


Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Aldon Smith shouldnt be in top 10.

Wish I thought differently.

What matters is whether Aldon makes the top 100 list.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,475
ddp
[ Edited by buck on Jun 23, 2013 at 2:05 AM ]
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Aldon Smith shouldnt be in top 10.

Wish I thought differently.


Yeah try again. He only has the most sacks his first 2 seasons in the history of the league and didn't start as a rookie. Von Miller's in top 10 so Aldon better sure as hell be in there.

Thank God for Justin Smith (who I think should be top ten). I really have an opinion on this and its tough for me to put him in MY top ten. Sorry.

I would put Aldon 3 knotches above Von Miller in any category if that matters.

Die hard 9er fan here who loves Aldon and hopes Aldon becomes the unargued #1 defender in the game.
Thankyou good sir.
Originally posted by jango4985:
As to Aldon's drop off in production, yes it went down after Justin Smith went out clearly. But, nothing was said of his own shoulder being injured during that time as well. Besides, the PLAYERS who go against him every week will have him ranked this high. Not just fan boys like us. Says a lot even with his drop in production sans smith.

That's very true.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,475
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Thank God for Justin Smith (who I think should be top ten). I really have an opinion on this and its tough for me to put him in MY top ten. Sorry.

I would put Aldon 3 knotches above Von Miller in any category if that matters.

Die hard 9er fan here who loves Aldon and hopes Aldon becomes the unargued #1 defender in the game.
Thankyou good sir.


You have neither Aldon Smith or Von Miller, correct?

If that is true, who is in your top 10, I am curious.
This is a little off topic but my raider fan friend said that there's no 49ers belonging in the top 100 players. According to him, the 49ers are overrated and overexposed.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
This is a little off topic but my raider fan friend said that there's no 49ers belonging in the top 100 players. According to him, the 49ers are overrated and overexposed.

LOL Raider fans. That dude should punch himself in the face until he passes out.
So there was no spot for Michael Crabtree this year?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
This is a little off topic but my raider fan friend said that there's no 49ers belonging in the top 100 players. According to him, the 49ers are overrated and overexposed.

I'm sure every team has their overrated and underrated players.

But many of our "stars" were not only voted to the Pro Bowl (by players, coaches and fans) but also named to the players top 100 list. Moreover, this roster has been to the NFC Championship game twice in two years and to the Super Bowl last year. Of course they will be heavily exposed. Their playoff success alone dictates that they are one of the best teams in the league. Exposure is just a byproduct.

Comments like these are what we call "good problems".
Originally posted by Psinex:
So there was no spot for Michael Crabtree this year?

#1
The 9 guys below are 100% on the list. That leaves only 1 spot, and I rank the likelihood of the players that could fill it.

  1. Brady
  2. JJ Watt
  3. Arian Foster
  4. Von Miller
  5. Calvin Johnson
  6. P. Manning
  7. Aaron Rogers
  8. Adrian Peterson
  9. Patrick Willis

Who is left?

  1. Aldon Smith - the stats are simply too good to be left off the list entirely
  2. Ray Lewis - since he won the superbowl, and this is a popularity contest, there's a good chance he'll get the spot, even though he doesn't deserve it at this point in his career
  3. Jimmy Graham - He didn't have a top 10 year, but it's hard to believe he didn't make the list at all. It would seem to me that he has to be somewhere on the list
  4. Weddle - unlikely, but he IS the best safety in the NFL today
  5. Marshall Yanda - unlikely, but he IS the best guard in the NFL today
  6. Calias Campbell - underrated player. Not a ton separating Campbell and Watt, IMO.
  7. Matt Forte - very unlikely, but should at least be in consideration for the top 100
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
The 9 guys below are 100% on the list. That leaves only 1 spot, and I rank the likelihood of the players that could fill it.

  1. Brady
  2. JJ Watt
  3. Arian Foster
  4. Von Miller
  5. Calvin Johnson
  6. P. Manning
  7. Aaron Rogers
  8. Adrian Peterson
  9. Patrick Willis
Who is left?

  1. Aldon Smith - the stats are simply too good to be left off the list entirely
  2. Ray Lewis - since he won the superbowl, and this is a popularity contest, there's a good chance he'll get the spot, even though he doesn't deserve it at this point in his career
  3. Jimmy Graham - He didn't have a top 10 year, but it's hard to believe he didn't make the list at all. It would seem to me that he has to be somewhere on the list
  4. Weddle - unlikely, but he IS the best safety in the NFL today
  5. Marshall Yanda - unlikely, but he IS the best guard in the NFL today
  6. Calias Campbell - underrated player. Not a ton separating Campbell and Watt, IMO.
  7. Matt Forte - very unlikely, but should at least be in consideration for the top 100

They've already confirmed Jimmy Graham is not on the list. We have nine players on the list, and seven have already been named.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Aldon Smith shouldnt be in top 10.

Wish I thought differently.

The good thing is you are not an NFL player who casts a vote. The opposing players that play against him voted him in the top ten. I put a lot more importance in that then in the fans vote.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Whether it goes like this or not idk... but with the remaining players it should go

  1. Adrian Peterson
  2. J.J. Watt
  3. Aaron Rodgers
  4. Calvin Johnson
  5. Tom Brady
  6. Peyton Manning
  7. Patrick Willis
  8. Arian Foster
  9. Von Miller
  10. Aldon Smith
although I think Aldon Smith should be in the 15-25 range

Switch 1 and 2, 3 and 4 and 5 and 6 AND 9 and 10..
[ Edited by bdub2588 on Jun 23, 2013 at 1:12 PM ]