There are 86 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Forty-Niners and Rams Thread

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
He'll keep appealing in order for him to play week 2.

Nice!

You know it's true though... that's essentially what happened with Sherman and Browner... they tried to stagger their suspensions and got lucky with the technicality with Sherman
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Chris Long on twitter: "i see where some niners fans talked pretty bad 2 @CortFinnegan today. just remember yall havent beaten us in 500 days or so"

Oh man, I see some heavy beat downs coming. I think the Niners are going to just take the Rams apart this year. The Niners are going to play angry this year all year.

Cool, now tell us how many days its been since the Rams made the playoffs?
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I think the Niners are going to sweep the Rams this year. In fact, I think they're going to sweep the division.

To be honest, I think the Niners beat the Rams the day Steven Jackson left town. The Niners have issues with those big, bruising runners. Just look at the RBs for all the teams they lost or tied in the regular season - Adrian Peterson, Ahmad Bradshaw (not big bit physical), Steven Jackson twice, Marshawn Lynch). The Rams let theirs get away.

Fun fact, AP has never gone over 100 yards rushing vs. the 49ers. We actually do a pretty good job against him.

I get your point, though.
Oh, and by the way, the last time the Niners DID beat the Rams it was 26-0. The Rams failed to get one first down on the ground. They had a total of 157 yards and 9 first downs total for the game. Alex Smith threw for two TD's, no ints and had a QB rating of 142. Gore set the record for Niner running back total yardage. It was a pretty convincing beat down. I look for a couple of those this season. Remember how Kaepernick responded to that horrible pitch play by going 80 yards in 3 plays? He's going to gouge the hell out of them this year.
Oh, and by the way, the last time the Niners DID beat the Rams it was 26-0. The Rams failed to get one first down on the ground. They had a total of 157 yards and 9 first downs total for the game. Alex Smith threw for two TD's, no ints and had a QB rating of 142. Gore set the record for Niner running back total yardage. It was a pretty convincing beat down. I look for a couple of those this season. Remember how Kaepernick responded to that horrible pitch play by going 80 yards in 3 plays? He's going to gouge the hell out of them this year.

Actually, the last time the Niners DID beat the Rams it was 34-27, one of the Rams' closest games that year. The first match-up was the the 26-0 game.

And quite frankly, it would be pretty embarrassing for the Niners if they couldn't beat the 2011 Rams.
Originally posted by baltien:
Chris Long on twitter: "i see where some niners fans talked pretty bad 2 @CortFinnegan today. just remember yall havent beaten us in 500 days or so"

Oh man, I see some heavy beat downs coming. I think the Niners are going to just take the Rams apart this year. The Niners are going to play angry this year all year.

And now tell us how many days it's been since the 49ers WON a Superbowl? More than the Rams.

jake long pwned us.
Originally posted by RedAlice:

And now tell us how many days it's been since the 49ers WON a Superbowl? More than the Rams.

Which is true. Though, sadly all those guys that made the Rams relevant then have long been retired.

What have you done for me lately?
Which is true. Though, sadly all those guys that made the Rams relevant then have long been retired.

I'm waiting to see the answer to this one myself.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame

I'm waiting to see the answer to this one myself.

Please dude. It's been well over a decade since you won a superbowl. You want to compare superbowl trophies we don't have a problem taking you down memory lane. The Rams have been our b***h all but a couple years over the last 30 years. It's as one-sided a rivalry that has ever existed. You really want to go there?
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Please dude. It's been well over a decade since you won a superbowl. You want to compare superbowl trophies we don't have a problem taking you down memory lane. The Rams have been our b***h all but a couple years over the last 30 years. It's as one-sided a rivalry that has ever existed. You really want to go there?

The record is 62-62-3.
Originally posted by AmpLee:

The record is 62-62-3.

La Rams always played us tough and then there was the Kurt Warner years. Definitely not one sided as the record shows. Chris long should tweet a thanks to David Akers
The Rams are an inferior franchise to the 49ers and they are definitely not as storied as us. Not even worth my time commenting on any comparisons of legacy. Do they even have a permanent home?
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
The Rams are an inferior franchise to the 49ers and they are definitely not as storied as us. Not even worth my time commenting on any comparisons of legacy. Do they even have a permanent home?

We definitely own them in the postseason/championship department regardless of when our last championships was.
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Jun 21, 2013 at 10:47 PM ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home