There are 142 users in the forums

Brandon Browner wants to wring Harbaugh's neck

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Keep in mind that nobody but the NFL and the players themselves know exactly what they were taking. And, as Harbaugh and others have pointed out, we don't know that it was Adderall. Adderall is what the agents tell the players to say they were taking because there is less stigma associated with it than with steroids. My guess is that most of the time it's something more than Adderall. Browner, for example, is a veteran who is getting up there in years. Does he really need help with his concentration or does he need help with his muscle mass and recuperative powers?

Hmm good point
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Stupid ass fan.

I agree especially on this part

Brandon Browner never said he wants to "wring Harbaugh's neck". What he implied is that if Harbaugh actually, physically lined up in front of him, on the field, that he would put his hands around his neck, but he made no actual threats, so please, get your story straight and strive harder for credibility

How stupid do you have to be to realize its the same thing no matter how you word it, illegal both in games and on the street, some seahawks fans just are stupid beyond belief.

I love the chain of one moron sticking up for another moron, lol. There's gotta be some super retard who will defend this fan's comments.

But, 42-13.
Originally posted by baltien:
But, 42-13.

And we still won the George Halas and beat the team that knocked them out in the process
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
BrownerNose and SheMan gonna get burnt for TDs...
tobis81 and ringwormsherm in the comments are clowns. lol Total douche bags.
They are the new Raiders. Nuff said
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by baltien:
But, 42-13.

And we still won the George Halas and beat the team that knocked them out in the process

Plus the Seahawks play us like it's the last game they will ever play and it's the superbowl at the same time. We don't see the same Seahawks team that everybody else plays against they bring everything and then some when we come to town. The 49ers however don't put as much into those games and treat it like just another game. They beat us they feel like they won the superbowl, we beat them and it's just another 1 in the win column.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
The ones who are old timers, are very unsure of the new regime. They realize that they could fall flat on their faces building the roster like they have, and they realize that the mentality of the team, while edgy, cannot be sustained long term, and coments that have come out of the club the last few years are bad for the franchise.

I guess that I am the exception. I'm VERY sure of this Hawks regime. Carroll and Schneider have done something for this franchise that all previous GMs and HCs have not been able to achieve. I'm talking about the general overall talent level of the team in all three phases of the game, all while finding a true franchise QB in his youth. The future of this franchise has never been brighter... and it can (and will) be sustained for the long term.

Too put my comments in context, I'm 64 y/o and have been a Hawks fan for the past 33 years. I grew up in the Chicago area a Bears fan. Started watching Bears game on a B&W TV in 1959 or 1960 when I was 10 or 11 y/o. I got too watch Butkus, Sayers and Ditka... and the other greats from the other teams of the '50s and '60s.

Players today are prone to shooting off their mouths without first engaging their brain.

What Browner said about Harbaugh is a perfect example.

I grew up with the philosophy that you keep yur mouth shut and show what you have on the field.

Today's "kids" don't all subscribe to that approach.
[ Edited by onanygivensunday49 on Jun 17, 2013 at 6:40 PM ]
Originally posted by onanygivensunday49:
The ones who are old timers, are very unsure of the new regime. They realize that they could fall flat on their faces building the roster like they have, and they realize that the mentality of the team, while edgy, cannot be sustained long term, and coments that have come out of the club the last few years are bad for the franchise.

I guess that I am the exception. I'm VERY sure of this Hawks regime. Carroll and Schneider have done something for this franchise that all previous GMs and HCs have not been able to achieve. I'm talking about the general overall talent level of the team in all three phases of the game, all while finding a true franchise QB in his youth. The future of this franchise has never been brighter... and it can (and will) be sustained for the long term.

Too put my comments in context, I'm 64 y/o and have been a Hawks fan for the past 33 years. I grew up in the Chicago area a Bears fan. Started watching Bears game on a B&W TV in 1959 or 1960 when I was 10 or 11 y/o. I got too watch Butkus, Sayers and Ditka... and the other greats from the other teams of the '50s and '60s.

Players today are prone to shooting off their mouths without first engaging their brain.

I grew up with the philosophy that you keep yur mouth shut and show what you have on the field.

I respect where you are coming from for sure. Thing is many Seahawks fans who show up around here are Johnny come lately kids who haven't followed the Seahawks through the history of the team. Russell Wilson is the next Joe Montana and Marshawn Lynch is Barry Sanders (not knocking Wilson or Lynch both are excellent players) just pointing out some of the arrogance that goes on around here. Not saying the same doesn't happen with 49er fans there are definitely a lot of "recent" 49er fans. I seriously have talked to a few Seahawks fans who don't even know who Steve Largent is. Maybe it's just the crowd that comes on our boards or the Seattle fans I know personally but it's made me jaded towards them lately. I don't like to talk s**t and hoist lofty expectations of my team until the actual deed is done. All this talk of winning multiple superbowls coming from some Seahawks fans has a touch of arrogance though.

I am not in any way denying Seattle has an incredibly talented roster I just get annoyed by assumptions of titles so premature. Not generalizing you all BTW.

Respect. Bot some of your assumptions highlight some of the problems we see with the seattle fan base. New fans over exagerate these things to the extreme. For example, your "fanchise QB" was a rookie last season. The term "franchise QB" is perhaps a bit premature, but its not as bad, and a huge understatment, compare to some of the things we hear from most young and new fans, im sure you know what im talking about without going into specifics here.

Secondly, yes, you guys have a very talented team, but to make blanket statements like "Carroll and Schneider have done something for this franchise that all previous GMs and HCs have not been able to achieve." is simply untrue at this point. Holmgren got you guys to the super bowl if i am not mistaken. Now this current roster would appear, atleast on paper, to be a more talented team than that superbowl team, but it hasnt accomplished anything yet. Nothing.

So while yes, the future appears bright for you guys, alot of the statements and overexagerations by your younger and newer fan base are what we are highlighting here. It is a "this franchise can do no wrong and has acheived greatness" mentality, which is extremely premature for a franchise that has spent the majority of its history in the gutter and is only several years into the new regime with a second year QB, alot of un answered oncoming contract issues, and a history of players making wrong decisions which hurt, and if continued, will continue to hurt the future of the franchise.

Seattle. Such a classy team.
Respect. Bot some of your assumptions highlight some of the problems we see with the seattle fan base. New fans over exagerate these things to the extreme. For example, your "fanchise QB" was a rookie last season. The term "franchise QB" is perhaps a bit premature, but its not as bad, and a huge understatment, compare to some of the things we hear from most young and new fans, im sure you know what im talking about without going into specifics here.

Secondly, yes, you guys have a very talented team, but to make blanket statements like "Carroll and Schneider have done something for this franchise that all previous GMs and HCs have not been able to achieve." is simply untrue at this point. Holmgren got you guys to the super bowl if i am not mistaken. Now this current roster would appear, atleast on paper, to be a more talented team than that superbowl team, but it hasnt accomplished anything yet. Nothing.

So while yes, the future appears bright for you guys, alot of the statements and overexagerations by your younger and newer fan base are what we are highlighting here. It is a "this franchise can do no wrong and has acheived greatness" mentality, which is extremely premature for a franchise that has spent the majority of its history in the gutter and is only several years into the new regime with a second year QB, alot of un answered oncoming contract issues, and a history of players making wrong decisions which hurt, and if continued, will continue to hurt the future of the franchise.

For the same accusations that you accuse Seattle fans I see the same thing with your (young?) fans... for every (young?) Hawks fan statement about about Wilson I see that same statements from your (young?) fans about your 2nd year QB that has started less games than Wilson. BTW, both have very bright futures to look forward to.

Think about Seattle fans from this perspective... forget about long term franchise accomplishments for a minute... Seattle came out of the doldrums when Carroll and Schneider took over. Former GM Ruskell let the team get old and VERY expensive. Holgren lost control of the team in his lame duck season as HC... and his successor, Jim Mora Jr. was actually worse. Carroll/Schneider came in and did exactly what was needed... they flushed out the expensive senior citizens and then stocked the cupboards with youthful talent. Carroll knows what he wants out of every position player. Then with an over-the-hill Matt Hasselbeck and at best, a career back-up QB in Tarvaris Jackson, the Hawks go 7-9 two seasons in a row... and along comes Wilson and an 11-5 record last year. Add to that an All Pro safety, an All Pro center and several more Pro Bowl players and suddenly the fan base has an expectation of success.

It''s no wonder that Hawks fans are excited. And fwiw, t wasn't that long ago with your team was in the doldrums like the Hawks were in during Holgren's last years and Mora's season..

Here... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco_49ers#2003.E2.80.9310:_Struggles ;... read the paragraphs about your team's struggles from 2003 - 2010 in case you forgot. It wasn't that long ago.

For the same accusations that you accuse Seattle fans I see the same thing with your (young?) fans... for every (young?) Hawks fan statement about about Wilson I see that same statements from your (young?) fans about your 2nd year QB that has started less games than Wilson. BTW, both have very bright futures to look forward to.

Think about Seattle fans from this perspective... forget about long term franchise accomplishments for a minute... Seattle came out of the doldrums when Carroll and Schneider took over. Former GM Ruskell let the team get old and VERY expensive. Holgren lost control of the team in his lame duck season as HC... and his successor, Jim Mora Jr. was actually worse. Carroll/Schneider came in and did exactly what was needed... they flushed out the expensive senior citizens and then stocked the cupboards with youthful talent. Carroll knows what he wants out of every position player. Then with an over-the-hill Matt Hasselbeck and at best, a career back-up QB in Tarvaris Jackson, the Hawks go 7-9 two seasons in a row... and along comes Wilson and an 11-5 record last year. Add to that an All Pro safety, an All Pro center and several more Pro Bowl players and suddenly the fan base has an expectation of success.

It''s no wonder that Hawks fans are excited. And fwiw, t wasn't that long ago with your team was in the doldrums like the Hawks were in during Holgren's last years and Mora's season..

Here... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco_49ers#2003.E2.80.9310:_Struggles ;... read the paragraphs about your team's struggles from 2003 - 2010 in case you forgot. It wasn't that long ago.

I am highly aware of our dark years. I watched every snap of every game. That doesn't erase our storied franchises history, which we are just getting back to over the last couple seasons. Just like your recent success doesn't erase your franchises history of under performing.

Also, i agree that alot of the hype about Kaep is indeed premature, but he did go to the superbowl after starting a half season. The harbalkie regime has taken us to the NFC championship, and superbowl in harbaughs first two seasons. The roster will likely have more probowlers than any other team.

Also Harbaugh brought back AS and made him an actual legit starting QB in the nfl, so we were not 100% in need of Kaep succeeding. We could have easily succeeded again with Smith behind center.

Also lets not forget, we indeed are NFC west champs. For all the 11-5 hype, it wasnt good enough to win the division.

Like i said, your franshise appears to have a bright future, but i dont quite perceive the way they are doing it as a long term sustainable model. And until you guys actually accomplish something with that roster, you are still the same old underacheiving seattle seahawks.

Also, WTH do you have a 49 in your username, isaint that bad mojo or something?
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Jun 17, 2013 at 8:54 PM ]

From my post above... <<Too put my comments in context, I'm 64 y/o and have been a Hawks fan for the past 33 years.>>

Do the math... it's the year I was born... 1949.

I'll tell you what... let's agree to re-convene at the end of this season and we'll have the discussion centering on which team accomplished more in the 2013 season. Okay?

In closing... pls elaborate on this statement... <<i dont quite perceive the way they are doing it as a long term sustainable model.>>

I'd like to understand the basis of that. The Hawks are amassing talent like your team did. Why is the Seattle's version not sustainable?... and I presume that you believe the 9-ers is. Or, do you believe that both are not. I'm curious.

From my post above... <<Too put my comments in context, I'm 64 y/o and have been a Hawks fan for the past 33 years.>>

Do the math... it's the year I was born... 1949.

I'll tell you what... let's agree to re-convene at the end of this season and we'll have the discussion centering on which team accomplished more in the 2013 season. Okay?

In closing... pls elaborate on this statement... <<i dont quite perceive the way they are doing it as a long term sustainable model.>>

I'd like to understand the basis of that. The Hawks are amassing talent like your team did. Why is the Seattle's version not sustainable?... and I presume that you believe the 9-ers is. Or, do you believe that both are not. I'm curious.

1. Over trading and spending for guys like Harvin, when you will very soon need to spend considerable amounts of money to resign key players.
2. Trading for mediocre QB's as deperation moves, who would be still on the roster had your rookie not worked out so well.
3. The attitude that it doesnt matter if your players are giant douche bags outside of the locker room, and the attitude of "my baby didnt do nothin, it was just adderall"

I could go on, but i think that is sufficient. Your roster and team chemistry was in no way built in the same way as ours.
Share 49ersWebzone