There are 540 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Brandon Browner wants to wring Harbaugh's neck

Originally posted by Justinsmithjs15:
I think he should be fined for conduct like that. Great role model!

I think the 49ers should just run a running sweep with 2 guards pulling to Browner side, then to Sherman side too. This is called shut the hell up while teaching the cocky hawks to respect the game. They do talk a lot for a team who hasn't won jack.
[ Edited by MrCrab49ers on Jun 17, 2013 at 10:15 PM ]
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
1. Over trading and spending for guys like Harvin, when you will very soon need to spend considerable amounts of money to resign key players.
2. Trading for mediocre QB's as deperation moves, who would be still on the roster had your rookie not worked out so well.
3. The attitude that it doesnt matter if your players are giant douche bags outside of the locker room, and the attitude of "my baby didnt do nothin, it was just adderall"

I could go on, but i think that is sufficient. Your roster and team chemistry was in no way built in the same way as ours.
I gotta admit..reading your post made me cringe a lil bit. I might be in the minority but I thought the Harvin trade was a great move by the Hawks..a late first and a 3rd next year and they signed him to a pretty fair contract for one of the most explosive young wrs in the league. He's pretty much what Tavon Austin is trying to live up to and Austin cost the Rams a high 1st round pick. Seattle is able to make these moves because their franchise qb is on a 3rd rd rookie contract so by the time they need to pay him, guys like Avril, Bennett and Winfield will be long gone. So it may seem like Seattles going all in this year..the reality is they are benefitting from some very good drafts and a lot of their talent are getting paid pennies. But anyways F the Seahawks and go Niners!!
1. Over trading and spending for guys like Harvin, when you will very soon need to spend considerable amounts of money to resign key players.
2. Trading for mediocre QB's as deperation moves, who would be still on the roster had your rookie not worked out so well.
3. The attitude that it doesnt matter if your players are giant douche bags outside of the locker room, and the attitude of "my baby didnt do nothin, it was just adderall"

I could go on, but i think that is sufficient. Your roster and team chemistry was in no way built in the same way as ours.

Re #1, only time will tell if we overpaid for Harvin. Let's see how that one plays out, shall we? Based on reports that I read, Seattle and SF were in a bidding war for Harvin. Did we overpay? Maybe. Did SF drop out prematurely? Maybe. We'll see. Time will tell. Based on his last year's production over the first 9 games, he was on pace as one of the the league's MVP. Let's see what he does this year, okay? I see him stretching the field horizontally... opening the field for the Hawk's offense from sideline to sideline. Have you read Greg Cosell's article on that issue? If not, you should.

Re #2, a team that doesn't have a franchise QB does desperate things. Hell, you guys drafted Smith #1 overall. Point made. Carroll and Schneider made a mistake on Charlie Whitehurst. He stunk. The jury's still out on Flynn. He may have been okay here... but Carroll saw something in Wilson that made him decide that starting Wilson was the best thing for the franchise. He was right. I'll be surprised if Flynn does well in Oakland. They are definitely in the doldrums.

Re #3, guess that we'll disagree on that one. The attitude that you mention doesn't come into play on the field. Twenty-somethings do, and say, stupid things sometimes. I expect that will get righted given some time.

I look forward to our team's battles on the gridiron next year. Do you think that we'll split? Or one will win both? If so, who, and why?

I believe that losing Crabtree for the season will be far bigger that most of you think. We'll see.

Cheers, brother.
I hope Boldin cracks his ass and tells him "Jim sends his regards" as Browner is laying on the turf in pain.
Originally posted by onanygivensunday49:

Re #1, only time will tell if we overpaid for Harvin. Let's see how that one plays out, shall we? Based on reports that I read, Seattle and SF were in a bidding war for Harvin. Did we overpay? Maybe. Did SF drop out prematurely? Maybe. We'll see. Time will tell. Based on his last year's production over the first 9 games, he was on pace as one of the the league's MVP. Let's see what he does this year, okay? I see him stretching the field horizontally... opening the field for the Hawk's offense from sideline to sideline. Have you read Greg Cosell's article on that issue? If not, you should.

Re #2, a team that doesn't have a franchise QB does desperate things. Hell, you guys drafted Smith #1 overall. Point made. Carroll and Schneider made a mistake on Charlie Whitehurst. He stunk. The jury's still out on Flynn. He may have been okay here... but Carroll saw something in Wilson that made him decide that starting Wilson was the best thing for the franchise. He was right. I'll be surprised if Flynn does well in Oakland. They are definitely in the doldrums.

Re #3, guess that we'll disagree on that one. The attitude that you mention doesn't come into play on the field. Twenty-somethings do, and say, stupid things sometimes. I expect that will get righted given some time.

I look forward to our team's battles on the gridiron next year. Do you think that we'll split? Or one will win both? If so, who, and why?

I believe that losing Crabtree for the season will be far bigger that most of you think. We'll see.

Cheers, brother.

The Homer in me says we will sweep the division. The gambler in me says we will split with both seattle and the rams. I think loseing Crabtree will hurt, but even without him the wr core we have built is better than what we have had over the last two seasons. My concern is the defense getting back to where it was before the end of the season and into the post season. I think we addressed it correctly, but only time will tell.
There was significant investment in Harvin but he is a dynamic athlete. He is not a dominant #1 outside WR in the traditional sense but he could be a formidable weapon when moved all over the field. He is probably the Reggie Bush of WRs in truth so he is the swiss army knife of your team. The issues are there as far as character injuries and the lack of dominance vertically on the outside or as a possession WR. Maybe with Wilson this improves. He doesn't strike me as a number 1 but most teams would be glad to have him at the right price
The Homer in me says we will sweep the division. The gambler in me says we will split with both seattle and the rams. I think loseing Crabtree will hurt, but even without him the wr core we have built is better than what we have had over the last two seasons. My concern is the defense getting back to where it was before the end of the season and into the post season. I think we addressed it correctly, but only time will tell.
Honest answer... I appreciate that.

I believe that we'll split as well. The only concern I have with the Seahawks is the LB corps, the D-line and pressure on opposing QBs. Avril and Bennet were nice additions at the time they were signed in FA... but who knows when Clemons will return to action and how effective he will be? And with Irvin being suspended for four games... and with LeRoy Hill gone and some of the experimentation that Carroll and new DC Dan Quinn have been trying with switching KJ Wright from the Sam to the Will, who knows how that will all work out. I'm truly interested in watching Antoine Winfield play the nickle CB covering the slot receiver and also providing some blitz and run support from that position. That was a weakness last year for the Hawks with the aging Marcus Trufant struggling at times to keep up with youthful speed. I'm not concerned in the least for the Hawks offense. It's the D that needs to make the bigger adjustment from last year to this.
The problem I see with the Harvin deal is that Seattle is paying a slot receiver what teams usually want to pay quarterbacks. At over $60 million on contract, a player has to be better than good. A $60 million dollar player has to make a huge difference. I'll just be surprised if he makes that big a difference. Look at his last game against the Niners, for example. The Vikings were having a hell of a day and the Niners were flat. Harvin was all over the field and he's an exciting player to watch. But at the end of the day it was something like 89 yards in receptions and 0 touchdowns. And, during the next few seasons, Harvin will be somthing like $12 to $13 million against the cap. He'll make it a lot harder to sign home-grown veterans. His deal will make it a lot harder for the Seahawks FO to try to argue for "home-town discounts." So, he had better be better than just a new exciting wrinkle in the Seahawks offense. He had better be a world-beater.

On top of all that, I can't help but point out again that he's been trouble everywhere he's been. He's attacked coaches. He's gotten into fights with teammates. He's been a massive diva. And, he's had injury problems. I've said this before and I'll say it again - it's a huge gamble. Most NFL teams wouldn't have even considered touching him at that cost. I see Paul Allen issuing a Microsoft-style, throw-money-at-it, ultimatum to win now at any cost all over it.

I'm truly interested in watching Antoine Winfield play the nickle CB covering the slot receiver and also providing some blitz and run support from that position. That was a weakness last year for the Hawks with the aging Marcus Trufant struggling at times to keep up with youthful speed.

So, you think the answer to a problem with quickness and speed in the slot is a 36 year old corner? Okay.

Cheers, brother.

OK...just had to jump in here...

I've read that "Niners were in bidding war for Harvin" thing many, many times. There is ZERO evidense of that. Most often the 49ers are linked to players that they could never actually afford to pay the $$$ they want simply because they had so many draft picks. The media inserted the 49ers in EVERY trade story for a player simply because they had so much trade ammunition. The fact of the matter tho is that the Niners were NEVER going to pay Harvin, Revis, or any of the other players they were rumored to be in talks for the money they were looking for.

I'm sorry, but in my opinion the 'hawks paid WAY too much for Harvin. Its not just the $$$...its also the picks. For a team with player who will be needing huge money deals in the near future, you need to keep those picks to replace some of those guys with rookies who will be much chaeper. The niners have started that process already. Trading all those picks PLUS paying Harvin that contract is just lunacy to me. The guy has never proven he can be a franchise receiver. He's never had 1000 yards. H has a history of migranes and the Vikings had him on the block because he was trouble in the locker room.

Don't get me wrong...he's a good player and will be a pain to contend with, but that is WAY, WAY to high a price for that kind of risk.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
OK...just had to jump in here...

I've read that "Niners were in bidding war for Harvin" thing many, many times. There is ZERO evidense of that. Most often the 49ers are linked to players that they could never actually afford to pay the $$$ they want simply because they had so many draft picks. The media inserted the 49ers in EVERY trade story for a player simply because they had so much trade ammunition. The fact of the matter tho is that the Niners were NEVER going to pay Harvin, Revis, or any of the other players they were rumored to be in talks for the money they were looking for.

I'm sorry, but in my opinion the 'hawks paid WAY too much for Harvin. Its not just the $$$...its also the picks. For a team with player who will be needing huge money deals in the near future, you need to keep those picks to replace some of those guys with rookies who will be much chaeper. The niners have started that process already. Trading all those picks PLUS paying Harvin that contract is just lunacy to me. The guy has never proven he can be a franchise receiver. He's never had 1000 yards. H has a history of migranes and the Vikings had him on the block because he was trouble in the locker room.

Don't get me wrong...he's a good player and will be a pain to contend with, but that is WAY, WAY to high a price for that kind of risk.

Thank you. This is why I see Paul Allen written all over the deal. I used to do a lot of consulting and vendor work for Microsoft when Allen and Gates were still involved. There was a favorite saying around there when dealing with a problem or a challenge: "Just throw money at it." Some people in higher levels of management around there used to call it "the Microsoft way" of taking care of things.
Originally posted by 49elite:

I gotta admit..reading your post made me cringe a lil bit. I might be in the minority but I thought the Harvin trade was a great move by the Hawks..a late first and a 3rd next year and they signed him to a pretty fair contract for one of the most explosive young wrs in the league. He's pretty much what Tavon Austin is trying to live up to and Austin cost the Rams a high 1st round pick. Seattle is able to make these moves because their franchise qb is on a 3rd rd rookie contract so by the time they need to pay him, guys like Avril, Bennett and Winfield will be long gone. So it may seem like Seattles going all in this year..the reality is they are benefitting from some very good drafts and a lot of their talent are getting paid pennies. But anyways F the Seahawks and go Niners!!

Missing the point.

Austin is a good example. How much in$$$$$ is Austin going to make? Do the Rams have to sign players like Russell Wilson and Richard Sherman to HUGE contracts in the next year or 2? Its the combination of the $$$ and picks that make the trade crazy to me.

You can't look at these deals in a vacuum. To me, the trade for Austin is the kind of move you make if you aren't a contender and are trying to become one. Its not the move you make if you are already a contender. IMO, Harvin will be good, but they will come to regret that contract and the price in draft picks that they gave up.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Jun 18, 2013 at 10:21 AM ]
Originally posted by GNielsen:
So, you think the answer to a problem with quickness and speed in the slot is a 36 year old corner? Okay.

Read this article and then we'll discuss further if you want.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/03/28/antoine-winfield-pffs-no-1-cornerback/
Originally posted by GNielsen:

Read this article and then we'll discuss further if you want.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/03/28/antoine-winfield-pffs-no-1-cornerback/

Okay, I'm convinced. Good article. I always just naturally assume that when corners lose quickness and speed with age, the slot is not where you want them. That's why I've been hoping Fangio would put someone besides Rodgers in the slot, but maybe it's the same kind of thing because Rodgers is very good against the run as well.
I heard Sherman's comments that "people will only see what they want to," or something to that effect. These a55holes and their idiotic fans get upset when people point out factual information: They have a problem with cheating and PEDs. It's a fact. I'm sure other teams do it, but these idiots get caught. Then they try to play some victim role. f**king idiots.