There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

WR Austin Collie

Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
For one, I said if injuries occur only then I would hope they re-sign him. And yes I'd take Moss (who has been productive while with the 9ers) over a player with multiple concussions, for the sake of him I'd hope Collie retires. And Steve Young retired due to his concussions, which IMO was a smart decision.

Collie should retire while he still has some working brain cells left. And, I hope it doesn't come to Moss. I want a couple of the Niners young guys to step up and surprise the hell out of everyone.

Agreed about Moss. The lack of effort that he gave at times was really disappointing.
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Jun 17, 2013 at 3:04 PM ]
For the type of effort that the team could expect from Moss this year we have only to remember last year. Moss cam into last season all fired up because he wanted to prove that he could still play at a high level. Well that enthusiasm only lasted for the early part of the year. By the time the season ended he was back to the half efforts that he was known for. If his effort fell off so much even with his attitude starting as strong as it was last season, what can we expect from him now when he isn't even sure he wants to play this year at all. Fool me once shame on you-- fool me twice shame on me.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by willtalk:
For the type of effort that the team could expect from Moss this year we have only to remember last year. Moss cam into last season all fired up because he wanted to prove that he could still play at a high level. Well that enthusiasm only lasted for the early part of the year. By the time the season ended he was back to the half efforts that he was known for. If his effort fell off so much even with his attitude starting as strong as it was last season, what can we expect from him now when he isn't even sure he wants to play this year at all. Fool me once shame on you-- fool me twice shame on me.

and in the super bowl plus the week leading up to it,, he was a major major under achiever and i want no more of him
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I thought Moss showed good effort in the playoffs, he made some pretty key catches in the Atlanta game. But with that being said even though I wouldn't mind seeing Moss back, I doubt they will sign him due to Boldin being there.
Pretty sure Anquan would tear Moss' head off if he took off the number of plays he did last year on this years team.We played social media games and said all the right things in the press to keep Randy from blowing up, but he did very little on the field and was starting to show discontent by the end of the season. He was a nice locker room guy to have early in the season and guys learned from him, but you could tell that he wasnt ok with not being the star despite the fact his skills were not at a level to dictate seeing that many looks.

As to Collie, I dont think we sign him now...but we are certainly kicking the tires in the even we lose another guy before the season. Reports are that we are playing Anquan in the slot though...so he isnt as good a fit as I originally thought. Still I feel bad for the guy, he had talent, but one dirty hit and then subsequent bad decisions in bringing him back to early pretty much ended his career.
  • SoCold
  • Veteran
yahoo!

still ain't gonna win a game
In HarBaalk I trust. But I don't see Colly being a factor on this team at this moment. Even if we suffered another WR injury I cannot say he'd be a major factor in this roster. Unlike most, I think we are pretty deep at the WR position with young talent. A. J., Patton, Williams, Lockette. For me, all those guys are legit #2 contenders on any other roster. Plus, Manningham will be back at some point this season, Cabs will be back at least by December, and we have Marlon Moore pulling up the rear. So I just don't see a guy like Austin Collie, concussion prone and all, being able to come in and make an impact on this roster.

I think HarBaalk are just doing their homework in the event that we suffer another injury at the WR position. I see no harm in that.
If Austin Collie looks viable to Harbaugh, then he certainly looks viable to me. I am just glad that they are still looking to try to improve it every way they can, in the event that one of the younger guys doesn't work out.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I thought Moss showed good effort in the playoffs, he made some pretty key catches in the Atlanta game. But with that being said even though I wouldn't mind seeing Moss back, I doubt they will sign him due to Boldin being there.

he gave a terrible effort in the super bowl and he was kind of a b***h in the week leading up to it. for the "effort" he gave in the super bowl, I do not want him back. I really would rather give the keys to the kids who are battling it out, i really would over moss , owens, miss lloyd etc
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
In HarBaalk I trust. But I don't see Colly being a factor on this team at this moment. Even if we suffered another WR injury I cannot say he'd be a major factor in this roster. Unlike most, I think we are pretty deep at the WR position with young talent. A. J., Patton, Williams, Lockette. For me, all those guys are legit #2 contenders on any other roster. Plus, Manningham will be back at some point this season, Cabs will be back at least by December, and we have Marlon Moore pulling up the rear. So I just don't see a guy like Austin Collie, concussion prone and all, being able to come in and make an impact on this roster.

I think HarBaalk are just doing their homework in the event that we suffer another injury at the WR position. I see no harm in that.
i think this is the truth and in the back of the coaches minds, as well as some of us fans,,,,,, they may be keeping the options open just in case(and i really hope this does not happen) that jenkins has a terrible camp and pre season which would force them to make a decision.
Originally posted by cciowa:
i think this is the truth and in the back of the coaches minds, as well as some of us fans,,,,,, they may be keeping the options open just in case(and i really hope this does not happen) that jenkins has a terrible camp and pre season which would force them to make a decision.

When you put it that way, it actually makes perfect sense. Rosters can be made to adapt to the team needs, this one has some wiggle room in it.
With the release of Carswell, there's an open roster spot...who knows. Sure wouldn't be opposed to signing an experienced vet like him.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
More than 1 catch by Jenkins and Patton has gotten good reviews.

Maybe they're just hastily grabbing fitting players into our shemes. This team fills each deficit, with oh so many outlets. It's become a trend that players, almost realize what they are here.
[ Edited by bdub2588 on Jun 20, 2013 at 10:53 PM ]
He was a promising WR with the Colts, just couldn't stay healthy. If he has medical clearance we at least have to kick the tires on him, we maybe set at WR even with Crabs being down but what if another person goes down?
Looks like he is still under consideration
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home