There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

WR Austin Collie

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Hall got wide open for a TD against the chiefs but Kap badly overthrew him, not his fault.

Collie has a terrible history of injuries, I fear for his safety and he doesn't offer any ST contributions.

I think you're blowing it way out of proportion, step off the hype train. Collie hasn't had a concussion since 2010, last year he had a freakish knee injury, similar to what happened to Crabtree, can't really blame him for that, s**t just happens. What's undeniable is that he's been incredibly productive in the NFL and at the same age as Hall, has roughly about 2000 yards more receiving, not to mention playoff and Superbowl experience.

i think he's a more talented and polished wr than hall, i'm just worried another big hit and he's done. his history of injuries is just a fact.

hall would be a option route/slot wr and can contribute on ST which collie cannot, also would probably be cheaper.
Originally posted by Rascal:
I say both Collie and Hall won't make it. I am going with Hawkins as the 6th WR cos he has special teams value and he is the best KR guy that we have. Plus, we have enough slot receivers already. Osgood has special teams value too, but there are already quite a number of stout guys on the kick-off recovery unit and his age doesn't help neither. Just my opinion.

this.
Have they cut him yet?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think you're blowing it way out of proportion, step off the hype train. Collie hasn't had a concussion since 2010, last year he had a freakish knee injury, similar to what happened to Crabtree, can't really blame him for that, s**t just happens. What's undeniable is that he's been incredibly productive in the NFL and at the same age as Hall, has roughly about 2000 yards more receiving, not to mention playoff and Superbowl experience.

Collie has had 4 concussions and been knocked unconscious twice on the field. Kind of a big deal these days. Also when did crabtree hurt his knee?
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Hall got wide open for a TD against the chiefs but Kap badly overthrew him, not his fault.

Collie has a terrible history of injuries, I fear for his safety and he doesn't offer any ST contributions.

it would be prudent of him to retire.
dude bout to get paid

concussion lawsuit ftw
aye yae yae...two big passes he should have had tonight
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Collie to Pats

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000254811/article/austin-collie-signs-contract-with-new-england-patriots
Originally posted by sfout:
Collie to Pats

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000254811/article/austin-collie-signs-contract-with-new-england-patriots

hes gonna ball out over there watch
Collie to Pats

too bad...i would have preferred him over Moore and Williams....
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Collie to Pats

too bad...i would have preferred him over Moore and Williams....

I was on the phone the other night I told him I think we should bring Collie back but so much for that.
I hope it solely wasn't the injury history that scared them off. The 49ers better get on the ball when picking up these free agent receivers. I'm comfortable with Boldin and want Baldwin to have the opportunity to develop, however I'd prefer Kyle Williams as the 4th or 5th receiver at this point.

The ONLY positive in the 49ers to be slow in signing a free agent receiver is that they must be pretty certain that either Mario Manningham will be returning in week 7.
dude is gonna blow up with the Pats.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Opportunities
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

This, as long as he stays healthy, he's going to do well in New England.