LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

WR Austin Collie

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ivanm05:
Guys... am I the only one that really really wants Austin Collie to make the roster, and gets frustrated that they don 't put him in until late in the 3rd or 4th quarter? I know he's recovering from his injury but he's looked solid... he's caught some catches for 1st downs. He's caught everything thrown to him..
And more importantly, I remember how good he can be, especially in the slot.
... but sadly I think he's gonna be cut...

I think it's between him and Chad Hall and to be honest Hall has been putting up a good case. Collies injury really is the only issue here. I don't think he's better than Hall but with Collie injury history he could be one crossing route from going full retard and you don't want the team to have that on their hands. Collie was probably just a training camp body and some preseason rotation.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
are you gonna be ok? ...

haha of course.. i just feel that he's gonna be really good wherever he plays.. potentially welker like, depending on the quarterback.. he definitely look like he was headed that way before his injuries
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by NFLBuddah:
How disappointing is this signing? His last good game was 3 years ago. The first time he sneezes he'll be declared medically ineligible. Why would this has-been even be in the conversation let alone now collecting a NFL pay check? This is a joke. Baalke must be in desperation mode because 4 weeks before the season starts we don't have anyone who can catch OR cover at CB. Plus our 'star' QB has been acting like a street thug. Our GM has been a joke (AJ Jenkins) the last 2 years. In my view if we don't make and win the SB this year, he should be fired.

I agree

You are joking, right

Yes
no one, except maybe Lowell Cohn, would agree with that s**t lol

I agree... CAWK troll in full effect

this was pretty funny tho, "The first time he sneezes he'll be declared medically ineligible."
he aint gonna make it!
Collie simply won't make the team with these guys ahead of him:

Boldin
Williams
Patton
Moore
Baldwin
Hall
Originally posted by eonblue:
I think it's between him and Chad Hall and to be honest Hall has been putting up a good case. Collies injury really is the only issue here. I don't think he's better than Hall but with Collie injury history he could be one crossing route from going full retard and you don't want the team to have that on their hands. Collie was probably just a training camp body and some preseason rotation.

if its hall or collie, ima have to go with hall for obvious reasons
"Boldin Williams Patton Moore Baldwin Hall" Hall won't make it. He doesn't offer enough upside.
Collie will be cut and resigned when season starts so niners don't have to guarantee his salary
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

not so sure. hall doesn't show a lot against 1st string defenders. collie has a resume showing success under duress.
I like Collie a lot, and think he is better than some of the guys we probably will keep over him. That being said it was posted in another thread that his knee is not as healed as we were lead to believe. If he isn't 100% that would explain the limited reps and why by all appearances we are not keeping him. If he isn't healthy, we need to send him on his way...there isn't room on the roster.
Originally posted by xcfan:

not so sure. hall doesn't show a lot against 1st string defenders. collie has a resume showing success under duress.

Hall got wide open for a TD against the chiefs but Kap badly overthrew him, not his fault.

Collie has a terrible history of injuries, I fear for his safety and he doesn't offer any ST contributions.

Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
"Boldin Williams Patton Moore Baldwin Hall" Hall won't make it. He doesn't offer enough upside.
Collie will be cut and resigned when season starts so niners don't have to guarantee his salary

that's just your opinion
Hall got wide open for a TD against the chiefs but Kap badly overthrew him, not his fault.

Collie has a terrible history of injuries, I fear for his safety and he doesn't offer any ST contributions.

I think you're blowing it way out of proportion, step off the hype train. Collie hasn't had a concussion since 2010, last year he had a freakish knee injury, similar to what happened to Crabtree, can't really blame him for that, s**t just happens. What's undeniable is that he's been incredibly productive in the NFL and at the same age as Hall, has roughly about 2000 yards more receiving, not to mention playoff and Superbowl experience.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:

that's just your opinion

My opinion, too.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
I say both Collie and Hall won't make it. I am going with Hawkins as the 6th WR cos he has special teams value and he is the best KR guy that we have. Plus, we have enough slot receivers already. Osgood has special teams value too, but there are already quite a number of stout guys on the kick-off recovery unit and his age doesn't help neither. Just my opinion.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I think you're blowing it way out of proportion, step off the hype train. Collie hasn't had a concussion since 2010, last year he had a freakish knee injury, similar to what happened to Crabtree, can't really blame him for that, s**t just happens. What's undeniable is that he's been incredibly productive in the NFL and at the same age as Hall, has roughly about 2000 yards more receiving, not to mention playoff and Superbowl experience.

i think he's a more talented and polished wr than hall, i'm just worried another big hit and he's done. his history of injuries is just a fact.

hall would be a option route/slot wr and can contribute on ST which collie cannot, also would probably be cheaper.
Share 49ersWebzone