LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

WR Austin Collie

Shop 49ers game tickets
Your bullsh#t doesn't discount my history.

Collie, Jenkins, and Rice catch with their hands not their body. Just like Moss, Carter, Irvin, and the others. And they get open.

Collie is a major pickup and Jenkins is going to quiet the whiners.

Book it.
word of warning sir....you're blatantly showing your generational gap to most of the posters here...i applaud your faith in expecting the best from the Niners players...just be prepared to develop a thick skin regarding the seemingly flippant/cynical or what you call "whiny" attitude of many of the <35yo demographic around here...
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
word of warning sir....you're blatantly showing your generational gap to most of the posters here...i applaud your faith in expecting the best from the Niners players...just be prepared to develop a thick skin regarding the seemingly flippant/cynical or what you call "whiny" attitude of many of the <35yo demographic around here...

Yes I am aware of that, thank you sir.

Let there be no mistake though, I just turned 50 in May and still run a 4.6 40.

Not too bad. Its good to believe.

Ready for the swinging like any real Niner fan .
Dr Bill...they timed me two weeks ago. Used to run up Mount Tamalpias a lot.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Good signing, and a nice addition to the guys we have. Wont take him long to learn the playbook, and should be up to speed by week one.

Won't take him long to get his head banged around and suffer another concussion either

Concussions happen. They can happen to anyone, and once they stack up you certainly can and do become more prone to getting them, but just because he has had them in the past doesnt mean he has to get one with us. He could luck out and go the whole season without any injury at all, or even a couple of seasons. Or he could get one next practice. Point is none of us have a crystal ball. Its a solid signing.
Originally posted by 49erWay:

Left knee and ankle, and right achilles hurt less uphill and build strength, especially after 180 years old lol. Funny thing is, you keep doing it and whet you hit flat grass you fly so fast you are trying to make your feet hit the ground lol.

Get to the mountain. Mount Tamalpias. Or any steep hill in SF 100 times.

Anyway, Jenkins can fly and so can Collie. Pessimists aside, they won't have much to whine about very soon.
This signing makes me think Lockette isn't the stud we all hope he would be.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
This signing makes me think Lockette isn't the stud we all hope he would be.

When it comes to undrafted skill position guys, you can HOPE they turn out to be studs, but don't ever THINK they will.

The major flaw in the plan until today is that we were counting on some undrafted no name WR turning into a stud player, and that's just not realistic. Even if you have 5 or 6 undrafted WRs the odds of one of them turning into an NFL caliber player are slim. I'm not saying it can't happen, or that I don't enjoying seeing guys like Lockette compete for roster spots. I'm just saying you can't bet your season on guys like that, which is basically what we were doing until today.
How disappointing is this signing? His last good game was 3 years ago. The first time he sneezes he'll be declared medically ineligible. Why would this has-been even be in the conversation let alone now collecting a NFL pay check? This is a joke. Baalke must be in desperation mode because 4 weeks before the season starts we don't have anyone who can catch OR cover at CB. Plus our 'star' QB has been acting like a street thug. Our GM has been a joke (AJ Jenkins) the last 2 years. In my view if we don't make and win the SB this year, he should be fired.
[ Edited by NFLBuddah on Aug 3, 2013 at 3:14 AM ]

Yes I am aware of that, thank you sir.

Let there be no mistake though, I just turned 50 in May and still run a 4.6 40.

Not too bad. Its good to believe.

Ready for the swinging like any real Niner fan .

Hand-time or electronic? I've gotta see some proof
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Good signing, and a nice addition to the guys we have. Wont take him long to learn the playbook, and should be up to speed by week one.

Won't take him long to get his head banged around and suffer another concussion either
That's what they said about Steve Young. Are you really a Niner fan or just a troll. Just asking...

You joined June 2013. How do I know you're not a bandwagoner? Step aside please, we're talking about Austin Collie... hasnt been a Niner for even 24 hours
Sorry didn't mean to be obnoxious. Born and raised in the streets of San Francisco with a Willie Mays Cap and watching Brodie hit both Washington brothers every game. Hacksaw, Nunley, the works.

Think I have just noticed that back then and through the 80's and 90's there was a lott less whining and a lot more support.

Now, and I'm not the only one saying it as we know, it's gotten pretty whiney man.

Would love to see support across. But still, I get you point on Collie.

But hey he isn't the first castoff we took in who might/did do something right?

Montana, 4th round?

i was just f**kin around talkin about collie. and yes, welcome to the webzone. where people cry over a hat and the sky falls over the tiniest things.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
good job by the coaches and front office in moving quickly on this front. we had three guys we were looking at and we signed two of them. i really did not care who they signed as all are about cut from the same cloth in regards to some injury historys and a average or below average nfl resume, But at least they were better than a guy off a taxi squad and lord knows we needed the help. if nothing else it will give boldin a break and give some more competition to hall and moore. I know many are in the grassy knoll on what these signings actually "mean", whether or not the coaches have confidence in the current crop or whether they are worried about jenkins really does not mean much to me. we all have our opinions on the current group of niner wide outs. I do assume jenkins and kyle at least can start to practice this week and jenkins esp really needs to play thursday in my opinion. and again for the millionth time,,THANK GOD we did not back up the truck and pay some free agent like revis a s**t load of money,, man you really gotta save your surplus for emergencies like this

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by susweel:
Matt Maiocco &#8207;@MaioccoCSN 15s Also hearing that the 49ers plan to sign Lavelle Hawkins, too.

Adam Schlefter reporting 49ers may cut Jenkins

I think they trade him before cutting him.

Does Schefter have a source, or is he just speculating? If true, Jenkins must be lazy. I don't think the team would cut a hard working 1st round player in his 2nd offseason, even if they haven't produced yet.

It sucks to waste a 1st round pick, but sometimes it's better to cut your losses sooner rather than later if you're convinced they guy can't play. I'm still holding out hope he turns it around.

Well, the writing was already on the wall, so this move was pretty much inevitable really, not to mention on top of Collie they also signed Hawkins in addition. We can all speculate why the moves, but to say it has abolutely nothing to do with Jenkins' performance is simply naive. In all likelihood, it was probably a combination of Jenkins and perhaps the lack of the other WRs being able to stand out to date, plus of course the current injuries.

As to whether Adam Schefter's report is accurate, I don't know, I don't have a crystal ball. But, is safe to say at the very least, Harbaugh has now lit a fire under Jenkins' behind. Since most seem to agree Collie will make the roster, if Jenkins' spot is indeed guaranteed as some think is ludicrous to cut a 1st round pick after one season, that means it only leaves one spot to be competed amongst a whole army of WRs. Moore ? Hall ? Lockette ? Osgood ? Hawkins ? Jacobs ? Martin ? We shall see.

But, I suspect Collie is just a short-term remedy given his concussion history, if he stays healthy he can help to see us through the season. Come draft time, I am quite sure Baalke and Harbaugh will put WR right on top of the priorty list and I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if we went for 2 wideouts.
Originally posted by NFLBuddah:
How disappointing is this signing? His last good game was 3 years ago. The first time he sneezes he'll be declared medically ineligible. Why would this has-been even be in the conversation let alone now collecting a NFL pay check? This is a joke. Baalke must be in desperation mode because 4 weeks before the season starts we don't have anyone who can catch OR cover at CB. Plus our 'star' QB has been acting like a street thug. Our GM has been a joke (AJ Jenkins) the last 2 years. In my view if we don't make and win the SB this year, he should be fired.

Lulz
Originally posted by Rascal:
Well, the writing was already on the wall, so this move was pretty much inevitable really, not to mention on top of Collie they also signed Hawkins in addition. We can all speculate why the moves, but to say it has abolutely nothing to do with Jenkins' performance is simply naive. In all likelihood, it was probably a combination of Jenkins and perhaps the lack of the other WRs being able to stand out to date, plus of course the current injuries.

As to whether Adam Schefter's report is accurate, I don't know, I don't have a crystal ball. But, is safe to say at the very least, Harbaugh has now lit a fire under Jenkins' behind. Since most seem to agree Collie will make the roster, if Jenkins' spot is indeed guaranteed as some think is ludicrous to cut a 1st round pick after one season, that means it only leaves one spot to be competed amongst a whole army of WRs. Moore ? Hall ? Lockette ? Osgood ? Hawkins ? Jacobs ? Martin ? We shall see.

But, I suspect Collie is just a short-term remedy given his concussion history, if he stays healthy he can help to see us through the season. Come draft time, I am quite sure Baalke and Harbaugh will put WR right on top of the priorty list and I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if we went for 2 wideouts.

We have enough pick to get 2 WR and 2 CB. Potentially 6 top 100 picks counting a 3rd rd comp pick perhaps for Goldson. Jenkins will make the team this year barring some colossal failure this preseason. As a minimum, the WR already here know the system more than the NOOBs
Share 49ersWebzone