LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 337 users in the forums

WR Austin Collie

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by cciowa:
good points,, by all accounts the man had a very very good off season so naturally hopes were high and you could not blame us for hoping alot out of him in his second season(yes i am aware of the infamous three year time frame for wide outs )... so if he had a hard working off season why exactly happened recently that would make the niners cut him(if this report is factual)?? attitude or the sudden shock and awe that he just is not nfl ready and the team does not want to f**k around waiting for him when our chance is now to win before we have to shell out huge bucks to ck and aldon and risk losing some key guys.

Jenkins is probably on the bubble. Once everyone is healthy we have Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Collie, Williams, Patton. That's 6 guys right there. Jenkins has no special teams ability to justify keeping him around as 6th or 7th receiver. Very disappointing to say the least. Oh well.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
good points,, by all accounts the man had a very very good off season so naturally hopes were high and you could not blame us for hoping alot out of him in his second season(yes i am aware of the infamous three year time frame for wide outs )... so if he had a hard working off season why exactly happened recently that would make the niners cut him(if this report is factual)?? attitude or the sudden shock and awe that he just is not nfl ready and the team does not want to f**k around waiting for him when our chance is now to win before we have to shell out huge bucks to ck and aldon and risk losing some key guys.

Jenkins is probably on the bubble. Once everyone is healthy we have Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Collie, Williams, Patton. That's 6 guys right there. Jenkins has no special teams ability to justify keeping him around as 6th or 7th receiver. Very disappointing to say the least. Oh well.
i had hoped when we drafted him that he would be our kickoff return guy but looks like james and hunter have that locked up. you are right when you talk about the guys getting healthy. we know what kyle can do but really do need to see those other guys practice and play some games. and if the story about jenkins is a joke or something he really needs to get healthy and playing. maybe these two signings will put all of the guys who are nursing some pulls on notice
@ these noobs getting trolled by sus
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by susweel:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 15s Also hearing that the 49ers plan to sign Lavelle Hawkins, too.

Adam Schlefter reporting 49ers may cut Jenkins

I think they trade him before cutting him.
maybe they can not get anything for him? i know some feel people would be lining up outside the door to get him but I am not sure about that. If he gets cut I take no pleasure in being right about him. I know alot of people said we should not trust what some reporters were saying about him struggling but I just do not think you kill the messenger just cuz you may not like the message. Who knows if this is the truth, who knows his "sources" but this guy is pretty credible, right?

True Schefter is pretty credible. IMO, I think it would be too early to cut Jenkins right now, I really hope they give him a preseason or two to show that he belongs. I just don't see the harm in keeping him through preseason.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Originally posted by natrone06:
Does Schefter have a source, or is he just speculating? If true, Jenkins must be lazy. I don't think the team would cut a hard working player in his 2nd offseason, even if they haven't produced yet.

It sucks to waste a 1st round pick, but sometimes it's better to cut your losses sooner rather than later if you're convinced they guy can't play. I'm still holding out hope he turns it around.

i am glad you found it amusing but if this report is factual it does beg the question,,,, if the man had a good off season and has a good work ethic why are they thinking of cutting him. maybe the report is b******t, maybe he made it up but he is pretty well respected so you at least have to ponder this.

Schlefter . SCHLEFTER

Dammit, I thought it was just mis-spelt.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
overrated.

If healthy, he's a very good addition to the team, based on the setup of this offense, he could thrive in the slot.

or he could thrive on being overrated.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
i wouldn't mind signing both collie and robinson if healthy.

Boldin
collee
robinson
patton
jenkins
williams

let mario and crabs start the season on IR

that list of a receiving corps is just awful lmao!
Does Schefter have a source, or is he just speculating? If true, Jenkins must be lazy. I don't think the team would cut a hard working player in his 2nd offseason, even if they haven't produced yet.

It sucks to waste a 1st round pick, but sometimes it's better to cut your losses sooner rather than later if you're convinced they guy can't play. I'm still holding out hope he turns it around.

i am glad you found it amusing but if this report is factual it does beg the question,,,, if the man had a good off season and has a good work ethic why are they thinking of cutting him. maybe the report is b******t, maybe he made it up but he is pretty well respected so you at least have to ponder this.

Schlefter . SCHLEFTER

That's why I don't get that type of joke, it could easily be a misspelling.

"Keapernick just got hit low and had to be taken off the field in a stretcher." Hilarious.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
For those that haven't watch Collie play

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
i wouldn't mind signing both collie and robinson if healthy.

Boldin
collee
robinson
patton
jenkins
williams

let mario and crabs start the season on IR

that list of a receiving corps is just awful lmao!
i think boldin and williams would be more than ok on the first day of the season? of course i am also counting on at least two if not three of the other guys, including the ones we signed today,,, to contribute right away. at this point in time with the injuries and the two new guys who came on board, it is impossible to determine who is here when the bullets start to fly for real

I wasn't sure about this signing because of his concussion issues, but when I found out we had to waive Colton Schmidt to make room for this clown, I knew it was a historically bad decision. Just terrible.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
good job by the coaches and front office in moving quickly on this front. we had three guys we were looking at and we signed two of them. i really did not care who they signed as all are about cut from the same cloth in regards to some injury historys and a average or below average nfl resume, But at least they were better than a guy off a taxi squad and lord knows we needed the help. if nothing else it will give boldin a break and give some more competition to hall and moore. I know many are in the grassy knoll on what these signings actually "mean", whether or not the coaches have confidence in the current crop or whether they are worried about jenkins really does not mean much to me. we all have our opinions on the current group of niner wide outs. I do assume jenkins and kyle at least can start to practice this week and jenkins esp really needs to play thursday in my opinion. and again for the millionth time,,THANK GOD we did not back up the truck and pay some free agent like revis a s**t load of money,, man you really gotta save your surplus for emergencies like this

If he's healthy, and that's a relatively big if, I think 49ers fans are going to absolutely love Collie. One of my old Army buddies is huge Colts fan, going well back to the pre-Manning era and he sent me a long text, saying how excited he was that Collie would get a chance to show off his skills, that he's got glue-like hands that will catch every pass thrown his way and he knows very well how to improvise and get open, no matter what the defense does.

I feel the same way about Collie. I happened to see him in quite a few Colts games when he was healthy and he was a weapon. Keep him out of the middle where he takes big hits and he could be a nice addition to the team. Would not be at all surprised to see him take over the #2 role behind Boldin. He is that good.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Well I guess I was wrong about his concussions, at least the team thinks hes well enough.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Schlefter . SCHLEFTER

so it is a joke? ok fine, i fell for it, what the hell,,, but yes going back to the mods point,. you really got to give jenkins some pre season games. if you cut him now, then something happened cuz that is pretty quick to cut a first rounder before they have played a pre season game. I at least am willing to give the kid till the end of pre season to rise up from where he is now.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Well I guess I was wrong about his concussions, at least the team thinks hes well enough.
i assume he has had a battery of tests and have been seen by good doctors,, again if all sign off on it, there is no reason not to sign him and hope for the best. it is nice to know we have five guys ready for pre season. maybe kyle and jenkins at least can start to practice monday
Share 49ersWebzone