+1
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Shoulda signed TO

• KK49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 15s Also hearing that the 49ers plan to sign Lavelle Hawkins, too.

is this guy any good??? or we r just really desperate??
Aug 1: some zone posters said to be "panicking" because they want to sign Collie/Robinson/Hawkins

Aug 2: Baalke "panics", signs Collie/Hawkins

Is Reid next?
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Shoulda signed TO

Need to photoshop a MIke Vick jersey...
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
Atomic Leg Drop? Hogan Approves!
hes a good number 3 or 4, get well soon manningham
Don't like the signing. But he's on our team now and I'm rooting for him to do good. Plus, in HarBaalk I trust.

Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Don't like the signing. But he's on our team now and I'm rooting for him to do good. Plus, in HarBaalk I trust.

Anyone you would have preferred instead?
Collie's concussions may be overhyped. Last one was in 2010. It was the patellar tendon, not concussion, that cost his 2012 season.

bengal6foraustincollie says: Aug 2, 2013 6:46 PM Great signing by the Niners! Austin Collie has some of the best hands in the game. Yes I know all about his injury issues, but he played the whole 2011 season without an injury. If you have doubts about his ability to contribute just look back at the 2009 AFC Championship game where Peyton hit Collie for five passes in a row the last pass for a touchdown right before half time and the Colts never looked back. Collie will do the same for SF.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

Anyone you would have preferred instead?

Waiting on Riley Cooper to get released.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
This may not be a sign of anything negative on Jenkins, maybe Manningham isnt recovering like we had hoped
Plus the 49ers wont eat cap room to cut Jenkins, he is owed too much in guaranteed salaries, and signing bonus prorations. Only thing that can happen is a trade, then the team trading for Jenkins takes on his base salaries, so we would save a little cap room. But that would admit we made a mistake at pick 30.

This. People are assuming that this has to do with Jenkins, and while it may not mean any sort of approval for Jenkins, I feel it has much more to do with Manningham and that his overall prognosis isn't that great. Manningham's injury was significantly worse than what Williams suffered, so I'm starting to feel that maybe we shouldn't expect anything from Manningham at all this season. In that case, having a steady, veteran presence to bolster Boldin along with a roster filled with youngsters and rookie WR's is a plus.

I'm not seeing a lot of hype for Lockette, not like what was seen in the early offseason either. Not that it necessarily means much, but I could easily see him being the odd-man out. All that size and speed isn't worth a damn if the receiving ability and reliable hands don't come as part of the package.

I'm looking at Collie as a guy who has true potential to hang around and Hawkins as training camp bait.

1-Boldin
2-Williams
3-Collie
4/5-Jenkins/Patton
6-Hall or Moore
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 2, 2013 at 4:41 PM ]
Originally posted by northbaypete:
Aug 1: some zone posters said to be "panicking" because they want to sign Collie/Robinson/Hawkins

Aug 2: Baalke "panics", signs Collie/Hawkins

I never thought it was panic. Collie is just what this team needs, a very smart, hard-working guy who's an outstanding route runner and isn't at all undersized, Collie could replace a lot of what Manningham brought to the table. He's still fairly young, very intelligent, I see this as a solid addition.

Hawkins I see as a guy who they're going to take an extended look at through training camp but I don't have any high expectations of him sticking around.
Share 49ersWebzone