LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 147 users in the forums

Patriots signing Tebow

Shop 49ers game tickets
He would be a good FB or maybe a TE.
Wish him well.

He should realize that he's not NFL quarterback worthy.

However, I always thought some smart OC would convert him into an option RB who can throe short passes out of run formations. That WON'T happen.

Best of luck in your new career.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
The most over-hyped player that I can remember. Who cares? Go make your millions fleecing the flock, Tebow. There's a lot of money to be made in the religion industry.

That's cold dude, even though it's true in some, uh, um, most cases. But seriously, he'll start on a roster if he just changes positions. Better to be a starting fullback or special teams ace, than an out of work quarterback.
The more I think about it, I would try him on special teams and go from there. I think he could be a great, "Swiss army knife" kind of player, (FB, HB, H-Back, TE). Only if he's willing, that is.
Talk about a fall from grace. I have never liked Tebow, but damn... it's gotta be hard to go from being a national sensation, win a dramatic playoff game with the Broncos and then follow up your career by never starting another game at quarterback again.

I know, I know -- the guy is a millionaire and got to play professional football for a living, but that's gotta be a tough change of fate for anyone!
ESPN mad
Originally posted by GNielsen:
The most over-hyped player that I can remember. Who cares? Go make your millions fleecing the flock, Tebow. There's a lot of money to be made in the religion industry.

So Tebow took a few million from the NFL. How much do you think he made for the NFL with his cult like following? I bet its much more than he took.
Man, the entitlement attitudes of some people. I would think if I had a shot at making it big and all I had to do was swallow my pride a little bit and take a less glory-boy position, I would be like, "I'm here to help, just tell me where you need me." And then call it a humbling, awakening experience when asked so the media leaves you alone and you can do your thing.

With all the religious grandstanding he's done (and there's nothing wrong with being enthusiastic about your faith as long as you're not pissing everyone else off by ramming it down their throats), I would have thought he would have learned that "The Lord works in mysterious ways."

Share 49ersWebzone