There are 174 users in the forums

Patriots signing Tebow

Shop 49ers game tickets
It had to happen sooner or later. Belecheck has jumped the shark.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Joecool:
McDaniels will come out of the closet soon because he is in love with Tebow.

Tebow fits well with NE. They basically run a spread offense that Tebow ran in college. Most of Brady's throws are under 12 yards. As much as Tebow's arm sucks, he can make these throws. Teams can't play man and blitz heavy due to NE's offensive personnel. I honestly think Tebow can be a very successful QB in terms of wins in this offense with the personnel it has.

But them short range throws requires good pre-snap reads, and Tebow is not going to be able to do that half as well as Brady can!
you don't know that. tebow is going to have belicheat and brady mentoring and grooming him.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/jets-spend-more-tim-tebow-2013-patriots-over-143729094.html

I hope Tebow helps them out a lot. Would love for them to show even more how inept the Jets coaching staff is.
  • dj43
Originally posted by btthepunk:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/jets-spend-more-tim-tebow-2013-patriots-over-143729094.html

I hope Tebow helps them out a lot. Would love for them to show even more how inept the Jets coaching staff is.

this
I honestly don't see how he CAN help them out a lot or even a little. He's a bad quarterback and even if he could throw with any accuracy or consistency, it's not like you'd put him in for Brady unless you were crazy. He's not quick enough to make the read-option work well in this league. He's not that fast as a runner or receiver. I don't get it. I've never gotten it. To me, he's easily one of the most over-hyped players I've ever seen come into the league.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I honestly don't see how he CAN help them out a lot or even a little. He's a bad quarterback and even if he could throw with any accuracy or consistency, it's not like you'd put him in for Brady unless you were crazy. He's not quick enough to make the read-option work well in this league. He's not that fast as a runner or receiver. I don't get it. I've never gotten it. To me, he's easily one of the most over-hyped players I've ever seen come into the league.

I get what you are saying but Tebow does have something that can be of value. He has utter drive and determination. I know he can't throw to save his life but he did manage to win some games that from where I was standing where pretty miraculous. He also won a playoff game and Peyton Manning failed to do the same with an identical roster. I am not comparing Tebow to Manning but you can't honestly deny there isn't something special about him. Whatever it is I don't know but that run in Denver was pretty magical. We can argue about his bad ability to throw the ball down field but he did find ways to win even if it was his defense that did most of the work. Not saying I would want him to be my starting QB but there is something there that is really rare even if I am not sure what it is. Good fortune and clutch moments seem to follow him wherever he goes.

Again I just want to try and be fair here nobody can deny he brought something special to the table in Denver.

I don't want to go all Skip Bayless on you though and jump on his nuts just making honest observations.
[ Edited by BayArea on Jun 18, 2013 at 2:30 PM ]
@BayArea

Yeah, I'm pretty brutal in my opinion about him. He has won some big games in college and the pros. There's no denying that. But good fortune only takes you so far, especially when you're playing in a league where every player is as good or better than the best guy on every team you played in college. I guess his greatest attribute is that he knows how to play the game, not that he has enough skill to play consistently at this level, if that makes any sense. You can know what to do and have the drive to do it, but still not have the skill to pull it off. He's big, he knows the game and he plays with great effort. That's about all I can say about him. But, I could say the same thing about Colin Kaepernick and then add about ten other things on top of those three.
Looks like Tebow is actually a pretty good signing with A. Hernandez involved in some police investigation. Who knows what could happen there. Might Tebowtime become that TE/H-back position if Hernandez goes away for any significant time?
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Looks like Tebow is actually a pretty good signing with A. Hernandez involved in some police investigation. Who knows what could happen there. Might Tebowtime become that TE/H-back position if Hernandez goes away for any significant time?

I think that to play that position, you need to be able to block. Can Tebow block?

Well NE doesnt use the position for blocking as often as most. Still before the last two days I would of swore he was a project TE with emergency QB written all over him. Now in light of Hernandez and lets not forget Gronk just had back surgery, its possible the Pats will have to force Tebow into the line up on the hurry. He could be their starting TE on passing down at the start of the season, and pick up blocking as he goes, its not like he isnt big enough or strong enough to do the job, its just his ego wont let him be anything but a QB.
Originally posted by ninerjok:

I think that to play that position, you need to be able to block. Can Tebow block?

Not really. I mean he has the size to play the position but I remember a clip of him trying to make a block on some play with the Jets and it was lame. IMO he really is a TE who thinks he's a QB.
He's 6'3", 236, so he's really not very big for a TE. At 4.7, he's not a speed burner either. Hype, hype, hype, hype. He's got a lot of that.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Patriots releases Tim Tebow. More on ESPN.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Jets should sign him. It's their way.
Share 49ersWebzone