LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

Hall of Famer DE Deacon Jones passes away

Shop 49ers game tickets
RIP
Originally posted by Lifer:
Better with Rosie Grier, 1963 - 1967.

RIP Deacon Jones.

My folks had season tickets at Yankee Stadium in the 50's and 60's, I saw Rosey play many times. He was a rock against the run. Roger Brown was more disruptive and had better pass rush skills. During his stay in Detroit he teamed with Alex Karas to form one of the best tackle tandems of the era. A game I always remember was the 1962 Thanksgiving Packers-Lions game. Bart Starr was sacked 11 times by a ferious Lion D, spearheaded by Roger Brown.
74 is too young. RIP to a great player and the man that coined sacking the quarterback
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
RIP
Deacon was one BAD man...he perfected the head slap that would create ringing in his opponents' ears. Of course, he couldn't play by today's rules. But, in his day, there was no DL that was more feared than him. QB's knew when they played the Rams they were in for a long day. Rest in Peace, Deacon.
RIP Mr Jones!
I had the honour to meet David "Deacon" Jones, at a Super Bowl (XIX) event. A class act then,
and any other time I was in his company. Dek, was The Man ... IMO, it's a shame the NFL,
doesn't take the time to assign someone the task of sitting down in a film-room, and coming
up with a tally of his sack count.

RIP
[ Edited by FlayvaMeister on Jun 4, 2013 at 7:46 AM ]
Good for him
IMO, the words, "Great" and "Legend" are so over-used by the media and here in the zone.

BUT - Deacon was truly GREAT and every bit a Legend! He personified those words.

RIP sir
RIP Deacon

When they invent a stay because of you, you know you're bad ass.
RIP
Man this sucks! I remember when he was on The Brady Bunch
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
I had the honour to meet David "Deacon" Jones, at a Super Bowl (XIX) event. A class act then,
and any other time I was in his company. Dek, was The Man ... IMO, it's a shame the NFL,
doesn't take the time to assign someone the task of sitting down in a film-room, and coming
up with a tally of his sack count.

RIP

They say he is by far the NFL sack King. They estimated he averaged 3-4 sacks a game!! Which would make all stars Bruce smith and Reggie white elementry
the original sack king ...Rest Easy # 75
Share 49ersWebzone