There are 109 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Just met Pat McPherson on the plane

Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
You're basing your opinion of Lockett on an interview and the coaches intelligence based on a picture. He coached the guy! I think his opinion is valid. McPherson seemed bright. Very bright

I know, it's just strange that he would say he's the dumbest person he's ever met, highly doubt that's true. And honestly I am not judging anything about him based on his picture, but since he's a Seahawk it's just hard not to insult him in some way.
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
slow part of the offseason with a name that's just obscure enough to be questioned.

I hear you...the offseason SUCKS! Can the Seahawk homer, Mike Sando, please be fired now? Unfortunately, those of us who read ESPN updates on the 49ers and NFC West are subject to his Seahawk-biased blogs...today's Sando blog re: Harvin and Crabtree is no exception. And, he keeps referencing Bill Williamson, some NFL scout for ESPN...Williamson is a big wind-bag whose NFL knowledge doesn't impress me (the Niners D-line is FOURTH BEST in the division? Are you kidding me?). Anyway, I'm off topic - back to this thread...regarding the comment about our new TE McDonald, I do wonder why McPherson would say that. From everything I've read about McDonald coming out of Rice, he is an improving blocker and needs to work on traditional in-line TE blocking. Also, I hear his hands can use some improvement but he does catch a lot of balls and doesn't have terrible hands - he has all the athletic ability to improve in all areas as a TE. If the Seahawks really passed on him because of his hands, then their loss and our gain. Instead, they draft Luke Willson, Rice's SECOND-best TE? And this is from Rice, not Alabama. I don't know a thing about Willson after reading many different publications and articles about the top 15 or so TEs available this past draft (didn't see him ranked once). The Seahawks are going to get what's coming to them, on the field and off (already happening off the field w/ the suspensions, etc.). They are so over-hyped...games aren't won in the offseason but the media would have you believe otherwise.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
You're basing your opinion of Lockett on an interview and the coaches intelligence based on a picture. He coached the guy! I think his opinion is valid. McPherson seemed bright. Very bright

Lockett played TE? Didn't the 49ers coaches coach Lockett and sign him to a reserve/future contract to keep him with the team? They must be stupid.
This Mcpherson guy just seems to repeat what the media says.

Aldon is nothing without Justin Smith? Give me a break! The dude put up 19.5 sacks and I've seen him consistently destroy the guy blocking him with a straight up bull rush or with a finesse type of move. His production dropped off later in the year because he was hurt, not because Justin Smith was hurt. Justin certainly helps him, but Aldon is a great player by himself.

Bowman is better than Willis at this point? Umm no. I've heard a lot of different analysts and people on this board mentioning that and I'm sorry but that's simply not true. Bowman is a great player, but Willis still remains the superior player. I see Bowman miss quite a few tackles that Willis would not. Bowman is more productive in large part because Willis is the guy that offenses try to take out of the game. Willis has more responsibility in covering tight ends and takes on more blockers, allowing Bowman to roam more freely and make more tackles. The only thing that Bowman has on Willis is pass rush ability.

As far as Lockette being the dumbest guy he's ever met, well I don't know how he could be any dumber than Marshawn Lynch.

Mcpherson can suck it.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
def a douche

yup.

yep

Valuable info my ass. Calling Lockette dumbest person he has ever met when he looks like that...haha
Originally posted by SportsFan:
def a douche

yup.

yep

Valuable info my ass. Calling Lockette dumbest person he has ever met when he looks like that...haha

Lol 4real. He looks like the retarded love child of Peyton Manning and John Elway.
def a douche

yup.

yep

is he related to this guy? every time i see him i cant help but think about "IN THE FACE!!!!!!" from the hangover
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
def a douche

yup.

yep

Lol 4real. He looks like the retarded love child of Peyton Manning and John Elway.

A great coach can bring out the best in any player, no matter how much of a boom or bust that player is.

Apparently this guy you talked to isn't one of them.

If he wants to talk nasty about our team's prospects, then let's be real for a second: Their starting TEs aren't exactly the second coming of Gronkowski and Hernandez themselves.
[ Edited by Protoman on May 24, 2013 at 2:16 PM ]
Add it to the list:

Seahawks Fan: RollinWith21n52
Cool dude, hope you scored some adderall
To me he sounds like a douche bag.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Ya know, guys. When someone says, "He's the dumbest person I've ever met," they don't really mean "I truly believe that individual is of a lower mental capacity than any other individual I've ever encountered." What they mean is, "He's pretty stupid." There's a thing called hyperbole where you use exaggeration to create a strong impression. Jesus. You guys take things more literally than any online posters I've ever read.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Gold!