Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
TEs coach for the Seahawks was flying from Seattle to Denver. A few notes:
-Seattle wasn't going to draft Vance McDonald. Great run blocker. But hands aren't good enough
-Says Aldon's success is mostly due to Justin Smith
-Bowman> Willis at this point
-laughed at the thought of Lockett making the team. Says he's by far the dumbest person he's ever met. Just not smart enough for the game
-grew up a niner fan. Dad coached for SF from 70s through '98
-says Rams are getting GOOD. But was also surprised they didn't draft a RB
Don't see why you would lie about something so insignificant, so you get the benefit of the doubt.
Couple things though if we were to read between the lines.
1. You're a 9ers fan and he works for its biggest rival, if they wanted McDonald or not, he sure as s**t would not be telling some random fanboy on a plane.
2. Speaking of McDonald, he's a good blocker? AWESOME!!! That was an area most people were bashing him for since he was mainly a pass catcher in college! Great news!
3. Bowman > Willis, nothing Earth shattering there, I think you could easily argue that fact. I have both of their jersey's ( Im a Penn State fan and LOVED when we drafted Bowman ). Both are my favorite 9ers.
4. Aldon's success does have a LARGE part to do with Justin, so again, nothing Earth shattering. With more time/experience/strength, he will be able to stand on his own down the line. For now, why not continue to twist and stunt with the best 3-4 DE in the league???
5. Interesting on Lockette, maybe that's why Kaep is force feeding him info. Still, as long as he works hard, he can make is happen. Its football, not neurosurgery and he's a WR, not QB. Learn your routes, your reads...rinse and repeat. Frank Gore scored one of the lowest Wonderlic scores of all time, he sounds like a neanderthal when he talks too...but he's a hard worker who overcame dyslexia and has one of the highest football IQ's in the league. Time will tell if Ricardo's hard work will yield the same results.
Still though, interesting story for sure,...thanks buddy.