LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 341 users in the forums

Brian Urlacher Retires.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Can he play WR?
He can be the next Blake Costanza on special teams lol
Juked by Tom Brady. Should have retired in 06.
Regardless what you guys say the guy was a baller (especially in his prime). That 2006 Bears defense led by him was one of the most stingy defenses I ever seen.
He'll be a patriot. #bookit
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
no1curr
raiders
Totally overrated IMO. Great tackler, but dog slow, terrible in coverage, and injury prone to boot.

Never got why people were so high on him.
He didn't start out "dog slow." I think he was real good for a lot of years, but when he lost his speed he lost it big time. When he was young he was running in the 4.5's which was pretty quick for such a big man. But, for the last three or four years, he's been real slow, slow enough to be a detriment to the defense.
Originally posted by baltien:
Totally overrated IMO. Great tackler, but dog slow, terrible in coverage, and injury prone to boot.

Never got why people were so high on him.

He was a great player at one point in his career. His physical play and intensity lead to injuries and being worn down. Guy averaged 100 tackles in 11 full seasons, had 41 sacks, 22 interceptions, 4 tds an 12 ff.

His defense lead the bears to a superbowl with Rex Grossman, one of thee worst starting QBs in recent Superbowl memory.

[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jun 14, 2013 at 9:53 PM ]

Originally posted by Lobo49er:
HOFer

Everytime I see someone post HOFer, I think of Paul Hofer, who was a running back for the 49ers from 1976-1981. I must be getting old.
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
HOFer

Everytime I see someone post HOFer, I think of Paul Hofer, who was a running back for the 49ers from 1976-1981. I must be getting old.

So do I. Glad to find out someone else has the same reaction.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
HOFer

So do I. Glad to find out someone else has the same reaction.
same here.
Share 49ersWebzone