LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Seattle's Bruce Irvin suspended

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
"Irvin is the sixth Seahawk to test positive for performance enhancing drugs since 2011"

so f**king sad

Sixth? Wow, can the league do an investigation already?

No, because if they find out the Seahawks actually are running a steroid farm up there then they might lose money and we can't be havin' that now.
Its not hard to get a prescription for Adderol, just goes to show how stupid some players are... no surprise its typically a seahawk.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Cheathawks need to be more careful when they cheat.

Surprised he's not appealing it with some lame excuse, worked for his other cheating teammate:

Sherman tested positive because he was kissing Browner.
Originally posted by rrx1:
It's pretty safe to assume that it's straight up steroids. Adderall can mask steroid detection in drug tests.

Masking agents are drugs such as probenecid, or simply taking epitestosterone which help fix the ratio's of testosterone to epitestosterone to normal endogenous levels. Not sure where this whole "Adderall masks steroids" deal came from.

Adderall provides a convenient excuse for steroid use in leagues such as the NFL where the actual results of the drug test cannot be revealed....so the player can claim they got busted for X, even if they got busted for Y and nobody will come after them to correct their statement.

If you get busted because you were injecting Test E, you don't want to come out and admit to that and get "McGwire'D".....you're going to say you took Adderall....because in our society, amphetamines are far more commonly accepted than steroids.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 17, 2013 at 5:51 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
It's pretty safe to assume that it's straight up steroids. Adderall can mask steroid detection in drug tests.

It does no such thing. Not sure where this rumor got started but it has no basis in science. A stimulant has absolutely nothing to do with an anabolic substance. In regards to steroids, masking agents are drugs such as probenecid, or simply taking epitestosterone which help fix the ratio's of testosterone to epitestosterone to normal endogenous levels.

Adderall provides a convenient excuse for steroid use in leagues such as the NFL where the actual results of the drug test cannot be revealed....so the player can claim they got busted for X, even if they got busted for Y and nobody will come after them to correct their statement.

This^^^

They are not allowed to reveal the actual results. It just sounds better when they say Adderall. Adderall is not a masking agent.
Originally posted by Wrathman:
This^^^

They are not allowed to reveal the actual results. It just sounds better when they say Adderall. Adderall is not a masking agent.

It can dilute various steroid metabolites, but not to a degree where it would prevent you from being tagged if you were taking steroids. Not sure why people keep referring to it as such. I think many see players getting busted for Adderall and assuming its a cover for something else.....and it is, but not as a masking agent. It's just way more PR friendly to say you were taking Adderall than claim you were taking steroids or other PED's.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 17, 2013 at 5:52 PM ]
Six Seahawks busted for PED's since 2011. I think we have a pattern here.
  • rrx1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
It can dilute various steroid metabolites, but not to a degree where it would prevent you from being tagged if you were taking steroids. Not sure why people keep referring to it as such.

Good to know - I keep reading that it masks it out in articles. Shows how much I know about drugs and chemistry <shrug>
Good to know - I keep reading that it masks it out in articles. Shows how much I know about drugs and chemistry

Do you remember StarCaps? It was a dietary supplement that contained am unlisted, pharmaceutical diuretic known as Bumetanide. That was one product that NFL players were using to disguise steroid use, a couple years ago a bunch of them got busted, appealed, and the NFL ended up prevailing anyways. Bumetanide is listed as a masking agent because its a very powerful diuretic and can help with the rapid elimination of steroid metabolites from the body. Its far more stronger as a diuretic than Adderall and yet people taking Bumetanide in the form of StarCaps and some other products, still ended up testing hot for steroids. If you can get caught using a hardcore diuretic like that, then I really don't see Adderall as much of a masking agent at all.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 17, 2013 at 5:58 PM ]
Originally posted by mattster03:
Someone, quick photoshop "Adderall" onto a seahawks 12th man jersey!

HAHAHAHA THIS PLEASE!!!

They're so proud of their 12th man... either that or a prescription pad

When the Seahawks start their slide watch Pete bail. He's in his 60's with that last retirement contract safely put away. The 49ers start fast and wave bye-bye.
Originally posted by GNielsen:

So it's just a matter of time before Pete the Cheat jumps the sinking ship and claims he had no idea
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
Originally posted by mattster03:
Someone, quick photoshop "Adderall" onto a seahawks 12th man jersey!

HAHAHAHA THIS PLEASE!!!

They're so proud of their 12th man... either that or a prescription pad

Yes!
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by GNielsen:

So it's just a matter of time before Pete the Cheat jumps the sinking ship and claims he had no idea

I hope not
I blame hawker84
Share 49ersWebzone