There are 135 users in the forums

Do you think Lynch will be convicted for DUI and receive suspension?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Do you think Lynch will be convicted for DUI and receive suspension?

understandable, and i hate to hear that. just making a point, not every convicted drunk driver is impaired to the point they cannot operate a motor vehicle properly... i was also making the point it has gone beyond public protection and has become business as usual for the courts...

I understand there are cases where people are negatively impacted by drunk drivers, and unfortunately people lose there lives or quality of life.

but to call everyone stupid or to say they must have a problem is offensive to me, because i have a DUI, i am neither stupid nor do i have a problem... i made a poor choice ten years ago and i paid the price, and i was able to learn from it and move on with my life...
I didn't call everyone who has gotten a DUI stupid or even imply that. I simply said I have no patience for drunk drivers. What I think is that if you drink, don't drive and if you're going to drive, don't drink. Period.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I didn't call everyone who has gotten a DUI stupid or even imply that. I simply said I have no patience for drunk drivers. What I think is that if you drink, don't drive and if you're going to drive, don't drink. Period.

i know you didn't, that's why i stated "as lisa12 suggests".... and i agree for the most part, but i don't see anything wrong with stopping and having a beer or glass of wine, or whatever as long as you don't exceed your limits and be responsible.. I know i'm certainly no where near impaired after one beer..

I choose not to do that because i know that "REAL" legal limit here in WA is 0.00, and even one beer can land me a DUI, and personally i think that's BS... JMO
If the legal limit in WA really is 0.00, then there is no question that Lynch will be convicted. If he is convicted, it will be the second time he's violated NFL behavior standards and I expect him to miss some games.
If the legal limit in WA really is 0.00, then there is no question that Lynch will be convicted. If he is convicted, it will be the second time he's violated NFL behavior standards and I expect him to miss some games.

It's 0.08%, someone's yanking your chain.
it's 0.08 on the law books, but if you think you can't be convicted for blowing less than that, you are very mistaken... WA has a no tolerence level, if an officer thinks you are impaired regardless of what you blow, you will be charged and can be convicted... it's happens a lot actually.. don't be fooled, the legal limit is not .08, take it from someone who went through this not too long ago..

Doesn't apply,.. he got his DUI in CA, i'm not familiar with their laws...
It's .08, just like in Washington. And it happened on Hwy. 880 in what we call the East Bay. The local courts in the Bay Area have become pretty hard-ass about DUI's because there have been some horrendous deaths in the last four or five years. Unless there is something fundamentally wrong with the case, I'd be shocked if they don't throw the book at him. It may be that the defense is stalling because they're trying to get another judge on the case because this judge is a tough one. I don't think there's any question about the case itself. He was pulled over on 880 for swerving around while driving. He failed a road-side sobriety test administered by the California Highway Patrol. Later, and this is important because his system had more time to assimilate the alcohol, he took a voluntary breathalyzer test and failed that as well.

I'm going to point this out again - this was the SF Bay area. The area is crawling with cabs. It is easy to call one and get one. If you're Marshawn Lynch, they'll fight to get there and be the one who gets the job. There is simply no excuse. Addiction is not an excuse. Impulse control is not an excuse. Money is not an excuse. Take a fricking cab ride!
It's .08, just like in Washington. And it happened on Hwy. 880 in what we call the East Bay. The local courts in the Bay Area have become pretty hard-ass about DUI's because there have been some horrendous deaths in the last four or five years. Unless there is something fundamentally wrong with the case, I'd be shocked if they don't throw the book at him. It may be that the defense is stalling because they're trying to get another judge on the case because this judge is a tough one. I don't think there's any question about the case itself. He was pulled over on 880 for swerving around while driving. He failed a road-side sobriety test administered by the California Highway Patrol. Later, and this is important because his system had more time to assimilate the alcohol, he took a voluntary breathalyzer test and failed that as well.

I'm going to point this out again - this was the SF Bay area. The area is crawling with cabs. It is easy to call one and get one. If you're Marshawn Lynch, they'll fight to get there and be the one who gets the job. There is simply no excuse. Addiction is not an excuse. Impulse control is not an excuse. Money is not an excuse. Take a fricking cab ride!

It doesn't matter if you're an average Joe or a mega superstar. If you're not sober enough to drive, call a cab. Nobody is above the law, and if you make a bad choice, you have to answer for what you've done.
If your a pro athlete and get a DUI your a dumb arse. Somehow he will get to walk away with a slap on the wrist by the courts, the nfl and especially the seahawks. Seattle's run game minus lynch is a joke.

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hawker84:
understandable, and i hate to hear that. just making a point, not every convicted drunk driver is impaired to the point they cannot operate a motor vehicle properly... i was also making the point it has gone beyond public protection and has become business as usual for the courts...

I understand there are cases where people are negatively impacted by drunk drivers, and unfortunately people lose there lives or quality of life.

but to call everyone stupid or to say they must have a problem is offensive to me, because i have a DUI, i am neither stupid nor do i have a problem... i made a poor choice ten years ago and i paid the price, and i was able to learn from it and move on with my life...

You are not stupid, but what you did was stupid. It sounds like you realized it was stupid after dealing with the consequences. That's good... it's one of the reasons the law exists. To teach you.

People tend to forget that there is a difference between being stupid and acting stupid.

Many people need to learn through their own actions, as opposed to being told what is stupid.

As far as drinking and driving goes, it's fairly simple. Don't drink if you drove somewhere or don't drive somewhere if you plan to drink. If you can't follow those simple rules, then you might have a problem. Get help.

There is no excuse for drinking and driving.
Originally posted by Protoman:

It's 0.08%, someone's yanking your chain.

A DUI's federal limit is 0.08, in order for states to receive Federal money for their highways its mandatory that they set the limit at 0.08. However many STATES have additional limits such as a DWAI (Driving while ability impaired, also called a DWI), that is usually around 0.05. I dont know Washingtons laws, but if they really do have a no tolerance policy then they can freely give DWAI's for anyone blowing over a 0.00. Not as bad as a DUI, but still a major pain in the butt to deal with.

Also if you have been drinking and driving and get busted, DONT consent to the breathalyzer make them take you to the station for a blood test. It will give your BAC a little more time to go down, and it will help out whichever Lawyer you hire tremendously in your defense.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
You are not stupid, but what you did was stupid. It sounds like you realized it was stupid after dealing with the consequences. That's good... it's one of the reasons the law exists. To teach you.

People tend to forget that there is a difference between being stupid and acting stupid.

Many people need to learn through their own actions, as opposed to being told what is stupid.

As far as drinking and driving goes, it's fairly simple. Don't drink if you drove somewhere or don't drive somewhere if you plan to drink. If you can't follow those simple rules, then you might have a problem. Get help.

There is no excuse for drinking and driving.

I don't call having two drinks in 2 hrs stupid, i blew a .07... i was still charged and eventually convicted... i made a bad decision to have the second drink, but was in no way impaired, or over the legal limit.. i learned the hard way , that the legal limit is not .08 and that WA has a no tolerance level.. what i did that night was neither stupid, wrong or against the law...

None of this is directed at you, i see what you're trying to say,
[ Edited by hawker84 on May 30, 2013 at 10:36 AM ]
Originally posted by 5280High:
A DUI's federal limit is 0.08, in order for states to receive Federal money for their highways its mandatory that they set the limit at 0.08. However many STATES have additional limits such as a DWAI (Driving while ability impaired, also called a DWI), that is usually around 0.05. I dont know Washingtons laws, but if they really do have a no tolerance policy then they can freely give DWAI's for anyone blowing over a 0.00. Not as bad as a DUI, but still a major pain in the butt to deal with.

Also if you have been drinking and driving and get busted, DONT consent to the breathalyzer make them take you to the station for a blood test. It will give your BAC a little more time to go down, and it will help out whichever Lawyer you hire tremendously in your defense.
if you refuse a road side breathalyzer test you automatically lose your license for one year here in WA.

Anybody who has gotten a DUI is stupid, plain and simple. They're putting other peoples lives in danger because they're irresponsible and pathetic.
Share 49ersWebzone