LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

Do you think Lynch will be convicted for DUI and receive suspension?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Do you think Lynch will be convicted for DUI and receive suspension?

Apparently, he's baaaack....
Good to see.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=nfcwest&id=100845&src=desktop
By the way, the Seahawks wouldn't have gotten past the Redskins if RGIII hadn't been gimping around on the field. They would have been one and out.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
suspending players for DUIs is complete ridiculousness.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
By the way, the Seahawks wouldn't have gotten past the Redskins if RGIII hadn't been gimping around on the field. They would have been one and out.

That's all great and everything, but it isn't giving me warm fuzzies about week 2 in 2013. I have seen too many games there to think otherwise. Lynch out or not, winning there will not come easy. It never is, but when it happens, the Angels are singing and rays of sunshine are beaming in the sky. :)
Calm down, preacher. To discuss the possible suspension length for a player who has broken the NFL rules is not the same thing as "reveling in his calamity." And, let me point out that if he misses games, Marshawn Lynch will not have missed them because of an injury, or what someone like you might call an "act of god." He will have missed them because of decisions HE MADE of his OWN FREE WILL, something I think you believe your god bestowed on him. Almost everyone struggles with crisis in this life, but most of us aren't lucky enough to be so physically gifted and talented that we make it into the NFL and get multi-million dollar contracts. So, while I feel very bad for players who miss time because of injury no matter who they play for, I'm not going to be shedding any big wet tears for a guy like Lynch because all he had to do was decide not to drink booze or having drank the booze, decide to call a cab or in his case, a limousine to cart his ass home.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm tired of holier than thou bible-thumpers coming up on me like I'm not living up to "their god's" standards of excellence.

Alright. Let this "holier than thou bible-thumper" first tell you I am not "comin up on you" about anything. What I said is what I do and what I feel. If you feel differently, as your post clearly states, then do yo thang. Like I stated, the boy has a problem. Now, possibly you or I would do just absolutely everything right if in his shoes. And then again, maybe not. I know that I have some friggin' demons and believe me, 2 or 3 million dollars could be like Miracle-Gro to them. So think about what you would want IF a couple million bills put a swoll on your issues. Would you want people discussing how long you're going to be in detention or would you want someone possibly praying for you?
Originally posted by hawker84:
incorrect... Getting a dui is very easy to do... have you ever had a glass of wine with dinner and drove home, you were at risk of getting a dui.. the legal limit is not .08 it is 0.00.. you can get a dui on a bike, and a riding lawnmower, hell probably a skateboard... Not saying he wasn't hammered and swerving or whatever, i don't know the details, but to say everyone who gets a dui is either stupid or has a problem is extremly incorrect.

If there's any chance, you don't drive.
Even my daughter knows this and arranges for a designated driver or makes sure she has cab fare if she's going to drink.
A pro-athlete should have the same sense, if he doesn't he's got a problem - of either severe lapse in judgement or an issue of substance abuse. I truly hope it's just the former and that he's learned his lesson. I want nothing more than a healthy Marshawn on the field in full beast-mode for every game this season. But, I'll admit, I'm more than a little worried ... not only about how much time he may potentially miss but, of his long term status.
Hopefully, I'm just being a worry-wort
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Apparently, he's baaaack....
Good to see.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=nfcwest&id=100845&src=desktop

LOL. Scroll down to the bottom and look at the comments. Two of the top three rated say absolutely nothing but "42-13."

I'm convinced that was Seattle's Super Bowl.
Originally posted by baltien:
LOL. Scroll down to the bottom and look at the comments. Two of the top three rated say absolutely nothing but "42-13."

I am more interested in what the score will be week 2 than I am week 16 last season because we still won the division, the NFC and almost the Super Bowl. We lost to MIN, NYG, STL and SEA but we nearly won it all nonetheless. The game they need to remember is the L they took in ATL and try to learn how not to repeat that mistake because there will be about 5 regular season 10A games just like that one that they will have to play this season. We have been there and done that, let us see if they can do the same
Originally posted by NinerTy:
Alright. Let this "holier than thou bible-thumper" first tell you I am not "comin up on you" about anything. What I said is what I do and what I feel. If you feel differently, as your post clearly states, then do yo thang. Like I stated, the boy has a problem. Now, possibly you or I would do just absolutely everything right if in his shoes. And then again, maybe not. I know that I have some friggin' demons and believe me, 2 or 3 million dollars could be like Miracle-Gro to them. So think about what you would want IF a couple million bills put a swoll on your issues. Would you want people discussing how long you're going to be in detention or would you want someone possibly praying for you?

You know what? My apologies to you. This really isn't the place to debate such things anyway.
Besides, Marshawn Lynch is not going to be "in detention." The worst case scenario for a millionaire professional athlete getting busted for DUI is missing a few games and paychecks.

Originally posted by baltien:

There's only one way to put an end to that nonsense. That's just one reason why I'm so looking forward to the first couple weeks of next season.

Especially when you're Marshawn Lynch and any limo or cab driver in greater Seattle would fall all over himself for the opportunity to drive you home. Come on, Lynch. Jump in the back, mellow out and throw a Benjamin at the driver on your way out the door when he opens it for you. Do the right thing.
Even my daughter knows this and arranges for a designated driver or makes sure she has cab fare if she's going to drink.
A pro-athlete should have the same sense, if he doesn't he's got a problem - of either severe lapse in judgement or an issue of substance abuse. I truly hope it's just the former and that he's learned his lesson. I want nothing more than a healthy Marshawn on the field in full beast-mode for every game this season. But, I'll admit, I'm more than a little worried ... not only about how much time he may potentially miss but, of his long term status.
Hopefully, I'm just being a worry-wort

Not everyone lives in an area where's public transportation is readily available, taxicabs and what not... So everytime you go out to dinner, or a bbq, or have a glass of wine at home and realize you need Toilet Paper from the store, you're going to call a taxi or a friend.. Sounds great in a perfect world, but it's not reality.

There's a difference between going out and knowing you're going to have some drinks and arrange a ride, i do that.. but what about stopping after work for (A) beer on the way home, or having (A) glass of wine with your dinner, are you being irresponsible, NO but if you drive you are running the risk of getting a DUI....

It's a cash cow for these states, and these counties rely on that income..Believe me when i tell you they have a quota... I went to court for my dui back in 2003... I went to 4 seperate hearings fighting my case, each time there was at least 25 to 30 other people in there for alcohol related offenses. .. Each time, that's just the times i was there. that's 25 to 30 people a day, every day, at least 2 sessions a day.. in court for alcohol or drug related cases.. at roughly 7 grand a pop, you do the math...

I had to do 2 years of alcohol classes.. there was 25 people in my class, they had 4 classes a day, that's roughly 100 people a day going through classes at 2500 a pop from all walks of life.. i had Lawyers, doctors, firemen, Vet, upper management all the way to blue collar workers in my class..

beleive me when i tell you It's easy to get a DUI, because cops are specifically targeting you for them..

Every traffic stop is a DUI stop...
[ Edited by hawker84 on May 29, 2013 at 12:50 PM ]
Especially when you're Marshawn Lynch and any limo or cab driver in greater Seattle would fall all over himself for the opportunity to drive you home. Come on, Lynch. Jump in the back, mellow out and throw a Benjamin at the driver on your way out the door when he opens it for you. Do the right thing.

Unfortunately like us, he's human and makes poor decisions from time to time.. It doesn't make him stupid or have a substance abuse problem as Lisa12 suggest, it makes him human... Let's not forget, he's in his 20's.... I can't count on both hands and feet how many times I made poor decisions in my twenties..

Hopefully he learned his lesson from this and will think things out in the future...
Originally posted by hawker84:
Unfortunately like us, he's human and makes poor decisions from time to time.. It doesn't make him stupid or have a substance abuse problem as Lisa12 suggest, it makes him human... Let's not forget, he's in his 20's.... I can't count on both hands and feet how many times I made poor decisions in my twenties..

Hopefully he learned his lesson from this and will think things out in the future...

As someone who has sat by his wife as she lay in intensive care after being hit by a drunk driver, you won't be getting any sympathy for Lynch from me. Lucky for me, my wife is healthy today and we've been married for 32 years, but I have absolutely NO patience for drunk drivers.
Share 49ersWebzone