LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 408 users in the forums

Do you think Lynch will be convicted for DUI and receive suspension?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Do you think Lynch will be convicted for DUI and receive suspension?

@stratman72

No, I don't think a 2 to 4 week suspension kills the Seahawks season at all - not even close. The Seahawks, like the Niners, have a deep roster filled with talent and on the offensive side, they've actually got another runner people don't usually consider - Percy Harvin - he often lines up as a running back. Maybe Lynch just needs another reminder that he's in the pros and has to act like an adult - I hope he gets his act together because I've been a fan since he was with Cal. It's just annoying to me when these players squander the amazing opportunity they've secured as a place in the NFL.
I see a lot of posts about beating the seahawks at full strength.

f**k that.

All that matters is the

*drum roll*

W
Originally posted by xtm059:
I see a lot of posts about beating the seahawks at full strength.

f**k that.

All that matters is the

*drum roll*

W

Personally, I think it's hilarious that they didn't beat us at full strength yet whenever that little factoid is mentioned we're "making excuses."

Not to mention that we were coming off a road trip after playing 92 snaps.

Part of me wishes Lynch gets suspended just so the idiot fans can have a taste of their own medicine.
I'm not usually a black and white kinda gal, because to me, most things in life have many shades of gray (and I'm not talkin, 50 )

But, it seems to me that those who end up with a DUI are either . . .
A) very stupid
B) have serious issues
C) combination of both

So, regardless of what happens with Lynch (conviction, suspension, etc.) I hope that he gets . . .
A) a dose of intelligence
B) the help he may desperately need
C) both

Many (including me) were none too happy that Lynch was the only "non-injured" player not to participate/attend the OTA's. Just seems like it would have meant a lot for him, a productive veteran and offensive cog, to be there. The fact that he was the ONLY one NOT there, rubs wrong
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
I'm not usually a black and white kinda gal, because to me, most things in life have many shades of gray (and I'm not talkin, 50 )

A) very stupid
B) have serious issues
C) combination of both

So, regardless of what happens with Lynch (conviction, suspension, etc.) I hope that he gets . . .
C) both

Many (including me) were none too happy that Lynch was the only "non-injured" player not to participate/attend the OTA's. Just seems like it would have meant a lot for him, a productive veteran and offensive cog, to be there. The fact that he was the ONLY one NOT there, rubs wrong

Curious, did he give a reason for not coming? I usually try not to read too much into the offseason, though I agree that it looks bad when vets skip OTA's.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Lynch's attorneys filed a motion to suppress evidence in Alameda district court today and the next court date to consider the motion was set for July 5th. I'm not sure why they're trying to stall this thing. I would think they would want to get it over with early so the team knows what it's dealing with. It's not like he's going to beat the rap - he was arrested after failing a sobriety test when pulled over for swerving while driving a van and then submitted a breathalyzer test that showed he was over the legal alcohol limit. It's a pretty solid case against him because of the breathalyzer results. Of course, maybe his legal team doesn't really care about what's the best thing for the Seahawks.

Solid case against your average Joe, maybe, but the rich can afford attorneys that will dig for any discrepancy or mistake made by the arresting officer. He could easily get off Scot-free.
Originally posted by baltien:
Personally, I think it's hilarious that they didn't beat us at full strength yet whenever that little factoid is mentioned we're "making excuses."

Part of me wishes Lynch gets suspended just so the idiot fans can have a taste of their own medicine.
yep with a whole week to recover.. and oh ya, we were missing some pretty key guys as well.. like our starting corner for starters, and our best interior defensive lineman.. also missing our starting guard. To say we were at full strength is not accurate.
[ Edited by hawker84 on May 28, 2013 at 8:55 AM ]
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:

A) very stupid
B) have serious issues
C) combination of both

C) both

incorrect... Getting a dui is very easy to do... have you ever had a glass of wine with dinner and drove home, you were at risk of getting a dui.. the legal limit is not .08 it is 0.00.. you can get a dui on a bike, and a riding lawnmower, hell probably a skateboard... Not saying he wasn't hammered and swerving or whatever, i don't know the details, but to say everyone who gets a dui is either stupid or has a problem is extremly incorrect.
John Clayton was on the radio last week, and said even if he's convicted he will probably only face a one game suspension, due to his previous run ins.. a dui does not fall in the substance violation policy... Don't know how accurate that is, but it's what Clayton said, and he usually knows his stuff..
For some reason, Lynch's lawyers are trying to drag this thing out and delay. I don't get that unless his lawyers just don't care about what's good for the Seahawks which is a distinct possibility. But, why wouldn't Lynch care about the team enough to instruct them to get it over with as quickly as possible so the team knows what it's dealing with? I'll be surprised if it's just a one-game thing because it's a second offense, but you're right - Clayton usually knows what he's talking about.

Originally posted by hawker84:
John Clayton was on the radio last week, and said even if he's convicted he will probably only face a one game suspension, due to his previous run ins.. a dui does not fall in the substance violation policy... Don't know how accurate that is, but it's what Clayton said, and he usually knows his stuff..

I heard a broadcast saying the same thing just a little while ago. Hey, if it is one game, I would be plenty happy if it was week 2. I will take it. I just want the wins, I am not going to get caught up in the teams being at full strength. THIS IS WAR!

As far as getting a DUI being easy? It is. I have had one after not being impaired in any way. My lawyer got it reduced to negligent driving and I blew a .11 after 3 glasses of beer with Pizza. My wife had A LOT more to drink and she drove my truck home!!!! If you really want to play it safe, don't drink anything, period. These NFL players know better, of course we can't expect them not to drink, but they can easily afford a luxury ride to the clubs if they are drinking.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
For some reason, Lynch's lawyers are trying to drag this thing out and delay. I don't get that unless his lawyers just don't care about what's good for the Seahawks which is a distinct possibility. But, why wouldn't Lynch care about the team enough to instruct them to get it over with as quickly as possible so the team knows what it's dealing with? I'll be surprised if it's just a one-game thing because it's a second offense, but you're right - Clayton usually knows what he's talking about.

Lynch is going to get two games, max... That is if he is even found guilty. He had some other deal a few years back, but this is his first DUI, it won't apply. I tell ya though, Lynch reminds me of the kind of guy who probably respects his "greens". He has had some brushes with possession, maybe he is due for a surpise UA?
Originally posted by hawker84:

yep with a whole week to recover.. and oh ya, we were missing some pretty key guys as well.. like our starting corner for starters, and our best interior defensive lineman.. also missing our starting guard. To say we were at full strength is not accurate.

A whole week means much less once you factor in travel time, and little thing called practice. Not to mention trying to tweak the scheme on the fly because of injuries. You make it sound as if the 49ers hit the beach after leaving new New England.

Also (and no disrespect), losing our pest d-lineman hurts our defense way more than the 'Hawks losing theirs does. There's a reason why he makes the Pro Bowl every year at two different positions. And don't forget that our best pass rusher (Aldon Smith) who was on a roll with getting after the QB was playing gimped.

Don't get me wrong, a loss is a loss is a loss. Still, I feel like fate essentially dealt you guys spades that day. San Fran had a lot go wrong during the week, and I seriously doubt any other team would have fared much better given the circumstances.
Goodell is all about that cash. He knows, just as we do, that losing Irvin and Lynch will make this game less competitive which could negatively impact ratings.

I can definitely see a one game suspension for Lynch so Goodell can keep up the disciplinarian facade he so desperately clings to, and the fans won't have to sit through a sure one sided beat-down in favor of the Niners.
A whole week means much less once you factor in travel time, and little thing called practice. Not to mention trying to tweak the scheme on the fly because of injuries. You make it sound as if the 49ers hit the beach after leaving new New England.

Also (and no disrespect), losing our pest d-lineman hurts our defense way more than the 'Hawks losing theirs does. There's a reason why he makes the Pro Bowl every year at two different positions. And don't forget that our best pass rusher (Aldon Smith) who was on a roll with getting after the QB was playing gimped.

Don't get me wrong, a loss is a loss is a loss. Still, I feel like fate essentially dealt you guys spades that day. San Fran had a lot go wrong during the week, and I seriously doubt any other team would have fared much better given the circumstances.
Browner was a pro-bowler in 2011. you can't tell me losing an all pro CB isn't as tough as an allpro D lineman.. i beg to differ.. we were also without Jason Jones, our best interior D lineman.. our pass rush was pretty much non existent when he went down.. i'd say those losses were every bit as detrimental to our team as J Smith was to yours...

As far as Aldon, he loss productivity when J smith went down.. He may have been gimped up , as a lot of players are at the end of a tough season, but i don't think that contributed to his lack of production to the degree you're referring.
[ Edited by hawker84 on May 28, 2013 at 9:54 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone