LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 219 users in the forums

Do you think Lynch will be convicted for DUI and receive suspension?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Do you think Lynch will be convicted for DUI and receive suspension?

Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Ray Rice punched his then g/f, which he later married, and got a few games suspension. See how this pans out for mr skittle.

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I hope that these allegations turn out to be like that crap TMZ put out about Kap for Lynch's sake. I want my rematch in the NFCCG this time at Levi's!

Bellevue police is really pushing that these are allegations and so far there isn't any proof that Marshawn was involved in the first place. i.e. I could make an allegation that Aldon Smith came to my house and threw a bottle through my window. And assuming I lived anywhere within driving distance to him, they'd have to investigate it.

That being said, I'm not leaning any particular direction whether the allegations are true or not, going to let it unfold a bit more. If it were true though, I'd expect the suspension to be heavy considering Marshawn is not a first time offender.

HOWEVER, I don't think you can get suspended in the NFL regarding these types of cases until it has gone through the courts (if it goes through it). And therefore given how long it would take for the investigation and all that stuff to go down (IF it's true). By the time Goddell passes any kind of suspension, assuming Marshawn did not have a record breaking year and/or CM did not turn out to be an absolute bust. He will probably no longer be playing for the Hawks regardless.
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Bellevue police is really pushing that these are allegations and so far there isn't any proof that Marshawn was involved in the first place. i.e. I could make an allegation that Aldon Smith came to my house and threw a bottle through my window. And assuming I lived anywhere within driving distance to him, they'd have to investigate it.

That being said, I'm not leaning any particular direction whether the allegations are true or not, going to let it unfold a bit more. If it were true though, I'd expect the suspension to be heavy considering Marshawn is not a first time offender.

HOWEVER, I don't think you can get suspended in the NFL regarding these types of cases until it has gone through the courts (if it goes through it). And therefore given how long it would take for the investigation and all that stuff to go down (IF it's true). By the time Goddell passes any kind of suspension, assuming Marshawn did not have a record breaking year and/or CM did not turn out to be an absolute bust. He will probably no longer be playing for the Hawks regardless.

I am of the opinion that a player is innocent until proven guilty. Then as you've said any suspension would be next year anyway. Lastly, I don't for one second believe that either Turbin or CMike will be as good as violent or as scary as Lynch. I didn't see it vs the ones last week and I don't expect to see it this year. Lynch is everything he was drafted to be. CMike aint there yet. I think you guys will have to keep Lynch next year as contracted and use one of your 11+ draft picks after compensatories to draft another guy to develop with the guys you have. CMike aint Lynch!
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Aug 12, 2014 at 8:56 AM ]

I am of the opinion that a player is innocent until proven guilty. Then as you've said any suspension would be next year anyway. Lastly, I don't for one second believe that either Turbin or CMike will be as good as violent or as scary as Lynch. I didn't see it vs the ones last week and I don't expect to see it this year. Lynch is everything he was drafted to be. CMike aint there yet. I think you guys will have to keep Lynch next year as contracted and use one of your 11+ draft picks after compensatories to draft another guy to develop with the guys you have. CMike aint Lynch!

I don't think anyone thinks CM (definitely not Turbin) will produce like Beast this year or even next year. But I think the thing is Lynch is getting older, and history says time is not by the side of aging RBs especially those who take as many reps as Lynch and runs the way he does. Combine that with his large salary cap hit next year plus needing to give RW, Okung, KJ, and I think Wagner contracts. Aside from Lynch having a record breaking year and/or CM being an absolute bust (Turbin so far is only proving to be a backup and that's it). I think Lynch is still gone next year.
I could make an allegation that Aldon Smith came to my house and threw a bottle through my window. And assuming I lived anywhere within driving distance to him, they'd have to investigate it.

You could, but you would then potentially subject yourself to legal trouble for false accusation or providing false information in a police report, and/or civil prosecution for defamation. Why don't you try it?
I don't think anyone thinks CM (definitely not Turbin) will produce like Beast this year or even next year. But I think the thing is Lynch is getting older, and history says time is not by the side of aging RBs especially those who take as many reps as Lynch and runs the way he does. Combine that with his large salary cap hit next year plus needing to give RW, Okung, KJ, and I think Wagner contracts. Aside from Lynch having a record breaking year and/or CM being an absolute bust (Turbin so far is only proving to be a backup and that's it). I think Lynch is still gone next year.

Well if Lynch leaves this is good news for us but priority when extending is RW > Okung (if he can stay healthy) > Wagner > KJ. Can't spend too much on defense like we did and then had to shed in the secondary (Goldson, Whitner, Brown, Rogers) when you've already paid LOB. Thing is that there is no way I let Wagner leave. He is an athlete in the mold of Willis and Bowman and this is rare at ILB. KJ is a good hard nosed player as well but he might demand more in FA than you can afford to pay him
Well if Lynch leaves this is good news for us but priority when extending is RW > Okung (if he can stay healthy) > Wagner > KJ. Can't spend too much on defense like we did and then had to shed in the secondary (Goldson, Whitner, Brown, Rogers) when you've already paid LOB. Thing is that there is no way I let Wagner leave. He is an athlete in the mold of Willis and Bowman and this is rare at ILB. KJ is a good hard nosed player as well but he might demand more in FA than you can afford to pay him

It's off on a tangent, but I need to point something out here - Eric Reid was an upgrade, not a down-grade. He out-performed Goldson last year. Reid had 12 passes defensed to Goldson's 8 and 4 interceptions to Goldson's 1. And Reid was never flagged once throughout the season while Goldson was actually suspended at one point. We'll find out if Ward is an upgrade in the slot over Rodgers - right now, Ward looks like he's got a lot more quickness to stay with slot receivers than Rodgers did.
Originally posted by crake49:

It's off on a tangent, but I need to point something out here - Eric Reid was an upgrade, not a down-grade. He out-performed Goldson last year. Reid had 12 passes defensed to Goldson's 8 and 4 interceptions to Goldson's 1. And Reid was never flagged once throughout the season while Goldson was actually suspended at one point. We'll find out if Ward is an upgrade in the slot over Rodgers - right now, Ward looks like he's got a lot more quickness to stay with slot receivers than Rodgers did.

i agree reid outplayed goldson last year but its probably better to compare goldsons 2012 season in sf than his year in t-bay. same system and largely the same players around both players. thats a more fair comparison to me.
Originally posted by crabman82:
i agree reid outplayed goldson last year but its probably better to compare goldsons 2012 season in sf than his year in t-bay. same system and largely the same players around both players. thats a more fair comparison to me.

Even then we would be comparing a rookie to a 6 year veteran. And I only brought up that we shed those guys because Paraag realized that our spending on the defensive side of the ball was unsustainable as SEA will also have to make financial decisions on that side of the ball in coming years or else they become totally reliant on defense
Originally posted by crabman82:

DP
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Aug 12, 2014 at 11:08 AM ]
Seahawks org issued statement that after talking to Marshawn they are comfortable saying the allegations are "bogus". I feel if the Seahawks org is willing to make that statement, they probably got some pretty good proof against the allegation.

Leads to the next topic they were discussing on the radio. This should have never made news to begin with, at least not without an arrest or more to the investigation.
[ Edited by zaghawk on Aug 12, 2014 at 11:33 AM ]

How many days until the next PED bust? I say its coming.
The Seattle Seahawks released the following statement today concerning the allegations involving Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch made Monday:

"While we maintain the utmost respect for the investigative process, after speaking with Marshawn, we are comfortable these accusations are bogus."

Bellevue Police Department spokesman Seth Tyler said he has seen the statement and that the Seahawks "can release whatever they want" but that the investigation remains on-going.

Tyler said the Seahawks are "cooperating" and have been "respectful of the process."

He said the investigation is a "high priority" for the Bellevue PD to reach a quick resolution "one way or the other" but that at the moment, the investigation remains ongoing.

Tyler said on Monday the Bellevue PD planned to talk to Lynch as part of its investigation. He said today the department is not releasing whether it has talked to Lynch yet.

Even then we would be comparing a rookie to a 6 year veteran. And I only brought up that we shed those guys because Paraag realized that our spending on the defensive side of the ball was unsustainable as SEA will also have to make financial decisions on that side of the ball in coming years or else they become totally reliant on defense

Of course you're right. I just think they're doing very good with that process. I think Reid is going to be a tremendous long-term player. I like the Bethea switch. I think Ward is already showing signs of being real good real early. And even the corner position is starting to look deeper with Cook and Johnson showing that they're better than some of us thought. They've deepened the front. Obviously, you're not going to replace Willis, Bowman or Aldon - they're all freaks - but Baalke and his group are doing a great job keeping up IMO.
Seahawks org issued statement that after talking to Marshawn they are comfortable saying the allegations are "bogus". I feel if the Seahawks org is willing to make that statement, they probably got some pretty good proof against the allegation.

Leads to the next topic they were discussing on the radio. This should have never made news to begin with, at least not without an arrest or more to the investigation.

Well, I would certainly trust the Hawks organization as being 100% focused on the truth in this regard. What would they have to gain by protecting their starting running back whose efforts and skill helped them win the championship last year?
Originally posted by Existence:

Well, I would certainly trust the Hawks organization as being 100% focused on the truth in this regard. What would they have to gain by protecting their starting running back whose efforts and skill helped them win the championship last year?

And for whom they just bent over and gave 500K for being a b***h.
Share 49ersWebzone