LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 241 users in the forums

Do you think Lynch will be convicted for DUI and receive suspension?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Do you think Lynch will be convicted for DUI and receive suspension?

Originally posted by fiveoldrings:
Nothing wrong w/ passion for your team. I quoted the term "garbage" because it wasn't mine but I inferred that the person using it, was talking about sub-par seasons and I chose to limit my inference to seasons with fewer wins than losses. 9-7 seasons might be considered sub-par for example, depending on the fan and the team.

No harm intended.

We have different opinions on "garbage." Come on. The Seahawks made the playoffs a few years back at 7-9. I'd call anything in the 7-9 to 9-7 range mediocre by definition. Also, let me make sure you know that I have tremendous respect for the Seahawk team these days. Real good quarterback, tremendous running back, fast, aggressive receivers and easily one of the best defenses I have ever seen play the game. I'm really enjoying the fact that the NFC West is by far the toughest, most brutal division in football these days. The AFC West is in for a real beat down next season.
[ Edited by crake49 on Feb 25, 2014 at 3:58 PM ]
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by fiveoldrings:
Nothing wrong w/ passion for your team. I quoted the term "garbage" because it wasn't mine but I inferred that the person using it, was talking about sub-par seasons and I chose to limit my inference to seasons with fewer wins than losses. 9-7 seasons might be considered sub-par for example, depending on the fan and the team.

No harm intended.

We have different opinions on "garbage." Come on. The Seahawks made the playoffs a few years back at 7-9. I'd call anything in the 7-9 to 9-7 range mediocre by definition. Also, let me make sure you know that I have tremendous respect for the Seahawk team these days. Real good quarterback, tremendous running back, fast, aggressive receivers and easily one of the best defenses I have ever seen play the game. I'm really enjoying the fact that the NFC West is by far the toughest, most brutal division in football these days. The AFC West is in for a real beat down next season.

I suppose it's subjective. Definitely agree about the NFCW and I hope it comes down to an NFCC battle every year for the foreseeable future.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Patrick Cornell ‏@PCornellCNN

.@CNN has confirmed @Seahawks Running Back Marshawn Lynch is being investigated for assault and property damage. #NFL #Football
Originally posted by Jcool:

.@CNN has confirmed @Seahawks Running Back Marshawn Lynch is being investigated for assault and property damage. #NFL #Football

also linked up some bob condotta tweets about this is the seattle being dethroned thread

This can't be right, according to seahawk fans we have the criminals and they have gods children
Originally posted by crabman82:

also linked up some bob condotta tweets about this is the seattle being dethroned thread

Nvm
[ Edited by Quest4six on Aug 11, 2014 at 11:57 AM ]
The investigation sounds pretty benign right now but as others have said, how is this even possible with such angels on their roster?
Hope it's not true.... Don't like him or the team but don't want excuses this year from them.
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Hope it's not true.... Don't like him or the team but don't want excuses this year from them.

there will always be excuses for nfl fans. this guy was hurt, this guy was suspended, the refs cost us the game, this OC or DC is clueless etc. that will never change, so therefore it doesnt really matter who is there or who isnt.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Aug 11, 2014 at 12:02 PM ]
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:

At this point I don't even care about excuses, we had our injures last year as well.
I just want to hand them that L in Clink, and in the playoffs.
Excuses would be music to my ears

*sigh* I know a lot of these guys grew up in much harder places than a lot of us came from. But the amount of babysitting these guys require to stay out of trouble with the law given their salaries sometimes is just downright disgusting. To the point where NFL players who stay out of trouble are considered angels and mature, when in reality staying out of trouble is supposed to just be "normal".
Originally posted by zaghawk:
*sigh* I know a lot of these guys grew up in much harder places than a lot of us came from. But the amount of babysitting these guys require to stay out of trouble with the law given their salaries sometimes is just downright disgusting. To the point where NFL players who stay out of trouble are considered angels and mature, when in reality staying out of trouble is supposed to just be "normal".

in terms of money, we've all seen people who have a lot of it and it leads to an inflated sense of self in terms or things that apply to you and me not really applying to them because they're special (in their own heads). doesnt really matter if you're an athlete or a high paid dude in some other field.

Keep in mind that these young African American males are also policed differently. The communities they come from see them as targets and unworthy so they tend to get charged and convicted of crimes that whites get away with on a daily basis. Baby sitting wouldn't be necessary if they were rich white kids because they would be born with the benefit of doubt.

Can you imagine if white kids were getting blown away by police, or if police were kicking in the doors of mansions in the suburbs in the name of the drug war?
Originally posted by crabman82:

in terms of money, we've all seen people who have a lot of it and it leads to an inflated sense of self in terms or things that apply to you and me not really applying to them because they're special (in their own heads). doesnt really matter if you're an athlete or a high paid dude in some other field.

you mean like this guy?: http://www.businessinsider.com/why-snapchat-ceos-sleazy-emails-really-do-matter-2014-5

Just a few miles away African American kids are getting life sentences for that same Kilo of cocaine he had at his parties.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Keep in mind that these young African American males are also policed differently. The communities they come from see them as targets and unworthy so they tend to get charged and convicted of crimes that whites get away with on a daily basis. Baby sitting wouldn't be necessary if they were rich white kids because they would be born with the benefit of doubt.

Can you imagine if white kids were getting blown away by police, or if police were kicking in the doors of mansions in the suburbs in the name of the drug war?

Lol.... White mans fault
Share 49ersWebzone